players online

Accepted cloud's college council app

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?: cloud_divider

Past warns/kicks/bans?: Not for the past 2-3 years.

What is your timezone?: PST/MST (daylight's savings is not supported in my area)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?: cloud_divider#3828

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Art Club App #1 | ACCEPTED
Shop Application | DENIED
Police Application | ACCEPTED
Art Club #2 | ACCEPTED
Korean Application | ACCEPTED
News Intern | ACCEPTED
Staff app #1 | denied
Staff app #2 | denied
Staff app #3 | ???

Describe your activity on the server?: I play around 3-4 hours a day, but with college around the corner this might drop. However, I have no plans on quitting.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
NapRP - DSI/KPD
Kuebiko_ - mascot/HS
Cloud_divider - college

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?: Yes

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?: The faction itself’s day to day life seems to be pretty mediocre at first glance. All you really see as a player are the patrols, and how the councilors are trying to uphold harmony within the school. They do their best to stop fights without inducing more violence, and help keep the school from being too boring. Sure, assemblies are routine and never all that exciting but they hold importance for being stuff that happens to show that the school is alive. Without these, the school would be more dry. Possibly even stale..

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.): This may sound incredibly silly but seeing the artwork Mookie got of the council has pushed me towards actually applying. I don’t expect to receive any drawings of my characters, but I do know I can draw my own pictures of the council. In the real world I’ve both ran for council positions and participated normally, and it was an awful lot of fun. To make things a little more simple, I’ll break down the other reasons in paragraphs. It's also one of the few aspects of the server I have NOT dipped my toes into..

1. SERVER INVOLVEMENT/SOCIAL: What has always intrigued me about the council is that it’s one of few student roles you apply for rather than trying out. A while back I was thinking about how I want to return to the school side of participating, but I’ve already been on both football and cheer teams. It’s like a “been there done that” sort of ordeal. Council is it’s own thing, but it still has that social outlet aspect that teams do, and that’s what I’m looking for. Most of the current councilors intrigue me as people, and as a councilor you’re also put in a position where you interact with a lot of players (even if it’s testing your patience…).

1. CHARACTER CONCEPTS ARE COOL: Now, I’m absolute garbage at describing characters in words but in my head I think it’d be fun to play a semi-pretentious classy character that follows the sort of student council vibe you get from anime like Kill la Kill, the characters are always just a little over-the-top and I enjoy that. To put it pretty bluntly I want to play a character that has a leadership position. It’s kind of like applying for something for the experience, but instead of you, it’s your character. It may be weird to say but I really, really want to help deal with detention.

1. EVENT PLANNING: I cannot express the joy I feel sitting and spitballing ideas, even if they don’t come into fruition. I believe getting involved with the council might help me pull out some old ideas from ye olde brain dustbin and get them actually executed. Now, not all ideas are good ideas and I can say without a doubt that if one idea is thrown out the window, I won’t feel discouraged at all.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events): There’s been a handful of occasions where I’ve been stuck with the role of planning events, and there’s plenty of those ideas that have never been executed, as you may have read above. I’ve come up with enough ideas that I’m at the point of just wanting to share them for fun, and the question asked here excites me. I would LOVE to help come up and execute events. So my answer to this is a sparkling yes.

In the past I’ve been involved with executing the school sleepover, a few KPD parties, the water gun war between HS cheer and HS Basketball in 2020, and I was on the event planning committee for sorofrat.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?: I’m not actually sure how equal the minecraft student council and the real life council are, from what I can tell there isn’t anything like a treasurer or photographer. From what I do know, there’s a president and vice president.

The presidents of the councils are in charge of putting ideas into motion, setting dates and times for events like the bimonthly assembly or throwing together dance activities. Hosting meetings and keeping everyone on the same track is all part of the job. Meanwhile, the vice-president assists with the finer details and management side of things. Contacting other people for events is probably entailed in there somewhere.

Then there’s like regular councilors who patrol the school and disrupt fights, the usual ordeal. However, a lot of this application mentions creativity and event planning so I presume a lot of them work on this side as well. Not everything event-related is left up to the VP and President, I imagine they’re mostly there to approve and assist.

The only other two positions I could see being used on SRP are historian and secretary, but I haven’t seen either roleplayed out. (I was a historian OOCly for my school haha)

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this? Assuming they’re within about arms reach of one another, directly stepping in between the two is a surefire way of getting noticed. People tend to hate it when their line of sight is disrupted. After getting the two separated in some form, asking them what went wrong and figuring out the reason behind the fight is a good idea. After that, it’s just basic defusal.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do? Detention is not something you can simply run away from. Physical escape does not stop you from getting punished, after all. In the moment of them running away, the obvious answer is to start running after them. If they’ve already escaped, tell a teacher and they’ll handle it. The most important details to mention to the teacher include why you were chasing after said student, and their name. That way once school is over your little escapee will be called over the intercom and they’ll have no option but to show up!

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in? First off, standing beside the student is a good idea. Show them you’ve physically got their back as you correct the councilor who’s abusing their power. Ask them to tone or down, or what went wrong/what’s going on. If it’s particularly bad, tell the council president or vice-president.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information? In order of escalation
1. Put a message in council-chat asking for elaboration on whatever you missed
2. Ask for meeting notes
3. If still confused, DM Mookie. He doesn’t bite.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this? Depending on the severity of the situation listening to the teacher/receptionist might be a good idea. But generally speaking, that's not going to be the case. As long as you are completely sure something's awry, intervene and try to sort the situation out, alternatively call over someone who can clarify.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
IN COLLABORATION WITH THE LORE TEAM, Currently, me and a few other players are working on the historical side of Karakura, and we’re coming to completion with Karakura’s timeline. However, I have my doubts of players actually reading the thread- And that’s where I decided we needed a method of bringing the lore up in a more interactive way, which is where this history festival comes in.

This is where I propose the idea of a history festival! I know, it sounds extremely boring when I word it like that but you bet this event’s gonna have the same feeling of that living wax museum project you had to do in middle school. As far as I’m aware, this event will be happening regardless of this application's acceptance or denial, as it pertains more closely to my duties as a lore team member.

Around the school there’ll be a total of 8 booths, each pertaining to a specific era within Karakura’s history. At each booth, there’ll be two people there explaining what happened and any remarkable incidents. Obviously the organization of this event might get a little complicated because it requires people to read over the lore and almost memorize it in a sense. I imagine it’ll be a mix of councilors and lore team members hosting the booths themselves. Personally, I think it’d be a lot of fun if we could pull more elements from a “living wax museum” and have the characters hosting the booths dress up as the various named historical figures in the lore page. For the most part, it’ll be a lot of walking around the school and reading what players have to say about the history. It’s not exactly everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s better than just leaving a thread on the forums.

The finer details of this are yet to be worked out, but the event itself will probably take place over the course of an entire IC school day, beginning with an announcement.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name: Itaru Saiky

Character Gender: Male

Character Age: 19

Character phone-number: (030) 398 4657

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality: Despite not having much patience, he does have manners. He holds himself to a high degree, and holds others to the same. Things like saying “please” and “thank you” are a must have for him, and stuff like mismatching socks is a big no-no. However, there’s some self-contradiction here. It’s not uncommon for him to doze off, or end up daydreaming about whatever book he’s currently reading. He’s…… sort of like a prettyboy? It’s never in his intention to sound particularly stuck up, he’s just so proud of his family he can’t help but recognize their efforts (much like he would with anyone else.)

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture): ignore the triangles, artwork by me

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?: Unlike most applicants, my family has never once failed to deliver Karakura Highschool and College a good, scholarly council member. Think back to your beloved president, Hiroshi Saiky. No one else applying has the honor of calling him their big brother. He’s taught me lots of things in life, including how to cook and study effectively. It only makes sense that I desire to follow in his footsteps.. Just not to the point of being president. I don’t want to be saddled with too much responsibility.

Why do you want this position?: I graduated from high school while being homeschooled, and the student council didn’t exactly exist in an interactive way. I could tell that Hiroshi was always up to something with his duties as a councilor, and when you’re surrounded by someone like that eventually you start wanting to do what they’re doing. I want to reach out to the students who lack confidence as well, and bring them into whatever we’re doing.

What interests you the most about student council?: The experience over all. You all walk the school with confidence, aside from one of you who I keep seeing sitting alone in the council room. You in particular seem very interesting. But to go into elaboration on the experience, I would like more things to do. Seeing as I just regained my freedom from homeschool, having various tasks and things to do like patrolling the school would be excellent and greatly appreciated.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?: Although it may seem small, simply reaching out to students who are sitting alone makes the biggest difference in the world.. For them at least. I feel as though councilors as a whole work towards bringing the school together, and not just by breaking up fights. While walking through the halls it’s easy to spot people without anyone to talk to, and even if it isn’t quite “fun” it is nice to meet new people.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Student Council!

Please ping Customable#1590 to request your roles in the Academics discord here!​

[!]
If you have any questions, please DM Customable#1590

Users who are viewing this thread