harubii

Level 14
harubae
harubae
Notable

What is your Minecraft Username?:
harubii

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I had this one ban in May 2021, I was indeed returning to SRP and admittedly committed mistakes that obviously did not go unpunished. My appeal was accepted around a week after and ever since I have not gotten any warnings or bans that I was made aware of across all of my accounts, I have also been very diligent in reading updated rules.

What is your timezone?:
GMT+8

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
harubii#8569

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Describe your activity on the server:
I am a university student, hence why I am online more during the weekends. On weekdays I’m online often during the morning due to afternoon classes so usually it would be from 3:00 am to 11:00 am [GMT+8]. For weekends I’m online from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
harubae - [Grade-12] [Swim] (Team Co-Captain [#2])
harubii - [College] [M] (account I’m applying with)
hawubii - [Grade-8] (permanent grade 8 for playing an assigned character)
haroobii - [Adult]

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes I am very aware!

What is the student council and what do they do?:
The student council is a respected group of individual volunteers that acts as an extra set of hands for school employees or teachers by patrolling the school grounds and by aiding students through advice, company, or comfort. They lessen the heavy workload the faculty are given on a daily basis and are also in charge of planning events for the school to enjoy.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
I’ve been eye-ing this position a lot for a while now however I lacked the confidence in applying, and that’s where my friends came in handy with the bountiful amounts of support and love from them to encourage me. But of course, from a personal perspective I find council to be a refreshing perspective on the school faction. I’ve always wanted to be a significant help to the community, hence why I was a teacher and a tutor for the longest time, however helping out the faction as a student interests me and gives me opportunities to experience new roleplay situations and be more deeply involved with the community by meeting different people! And yes, I am aware that the council has a similar environment with school employees, however with my schedule changing every semester I felt that timing the hours I should be online for quota became impossible. Being in council allows me to have a similar experience with a more flexible schedule, where I can properly fit roleplay into my life without having to be stressed with the timing and still be in the faction that became so dear to me for the last year now.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes! I am very much aware, I myself am a very creative and innovative person and I have so many ideas I would like to share with the council to help them implement a safer and happier roleplay experience here in SRP. I enjoy working with people and often share my mind with honesty paired with undying respect.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
President and Vice President
The students assigned with the most important role within the two councils, they take up the most responsibilities as they are expected to enforce the rules calmly and efficiently. The two are also in charge of decisions that happen within the council, with the President having the final say and the Vice President providing essential keypoints, they reach a decision together and often work hand in hand to help run the council smoothly.

Councilor Training Committee
The group of students assigned to train newer members of the council. Their job is to familiarize the new councilors about the set of rules, conducts, and protocols they follow on a daily basis. These students are individuals who have been in the council long enough to know each procedure like it’s the back of their hands, often why they would be the most fitting to answer all of the questions the newer members may have about their role.

Councilor
A student volunteer who works under the President and Vice President, they are an extra set of hands to students or employees that may need help, they break up fights and ensure the safety of the students while schooltime is running. They are the most approachable for minor issues as the President, Vice President, and other faculty members tend to be more busy.

SLT
A board consisted of higher-up positions such as: the Principal, Vice Principal, Dean and Vice Dean. They are considered to be the ones in charge of maintaining the school’s faculty members, facilities, upkeep, and reputation. They are also in charge of making executive decisions regarding the school and its wellbeing.

Teachers/ Professors/ School Employees
The authority that sits above the council’s President and Vice President, they are higher-ups that the council can turn to for guidance when a situation gets too out of hand or becomes unable to control. The faculty and council work together in order to make sure school time runs as smoothly as possible.

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?
She would naturally walk up to the two in order to make her presence more known, Cleo is very direct and would advise them straight away that nothing will be resolved with their current method of confrontation, after making both yield from the verbal assault, she will then allow both to speak in turn by being the mediator of the situation allowing both sides to bring up their concern regarding the opposite party, if the situation has been resolved calmly, Cleo would leave them peacefully however if that is not the case and the two girls continued to go against each other, she’d naturally give them a singular warning that could possibly lead to more. If it gets to that point, their multiple strikes would likely result in a detention unless advised otherwise by other councilors, teachers, staff or SLT through consultation.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Before bringing up detention, Cleo would briefly go over any detail she could place her eyes on, from the student’s clothes to what kind of shoes they were wearing. She would keep mental notes as she observed the student’s physical appearance while speaking to them about the rules at a safe distance, informing them that such articles of clothing are not allowed, buying herself more time. After she has brought up detention and the student has run away, she will immediately inform other council members through the radio about the student and the direction of where they were last seen running to as well as a set description of the student’s physical and more identifiable traits. Afterwards, she would then inform higher authorities such as teachers and school employees about the student in question as she is unsure of their intentions.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Would immediately defuse the situation by interrupting the dispute with no hesitation clouding in her mind, focusing first on the student who fell victim to the councilor, reassuring them that they were not in trouble nor in any danger, giving them comfort before ushering them to an environment with a higher authority so she can handle the problem at hand. With the student safely sent away to a teacher or a school employee, Cleo would proceed to scold the councilor regardless of their position in a private room, they knew better than to result in using their position to gain power among students. After making them leave, she would then report the devastating occurrence to someone with a higher position and understanding of what to do, most likely the President, so the councilor’s actions could be addressed formally. Before continuing her job, Cleo would visit the student that fell victim to the situation, in order to empathize and apologize on the council’s behalf, assuring them that the situation will not happen again.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
With Cleo, I highly doubt that this situation would happen as she’s not easily distracted when important information is being discussed thoroughly. She is the type to take her job seriously to the point where she takes physical notes, whether it’s a small role or a big one, however if it weren’t the case and she has missed a few things being discussed, she would immediately ask her fellow councilors, showing them her notebook and asking if she has missed any details. Cleo, being a very direct lady, doesn’t fear being corrected or being told off as she finds it an opportunity to do better instead of seeing it as an insult.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
Cleo would politely ask what she has done wrong and genuinely question what rule she has violated in order to get such a statement, after assessing the reason further she would then explain the situation to the school staff member along with the protocol she was taught to follow, if her response was followed with a warning or a scold she would then apologize and immediately take what the school staff has told her as additional information regarding her duties, however she would have to verify the information with a higher-up to further understand if she was in the wrong or not, leaving no details of the circumstance untold within her part and the school employee’s/ teacher’s.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):

[Ethnic Runway]
Cleo is part Filipino and part German, due to being raised with two different ethnicities she is very passionate and big on cultural traditions. I believe this idea would suit not only her but my style of fun as well as I am very big on cultural appropriation and enjoy sharing my traditions with others.

This event is based on various traditional or cultural clothing from different parts of the world, so it would most likely take place during United Nations Week. It’s an organized event taking place at the Gymnasium where students can let their creativity spark by designing their very own traditional clothing representing the country they're from. The design could be a mix of races depending on the designer’s ethnic background. The Fashion Club is free to help and team up with students of their choice to make a beautiful design fit for the runway or they could go solo and choose to create something they’d design instead!

Of course, the runway would spark some attention, right? The Photography and Journalism Clubs can band together to make a beautifully crafted article about the event! With the members of the Photography Club providing stunning pictures of the designs on the runway, and the opportunity given to spot talent during the event by our young Journalists, I’d say it would make such a fitting and fun article for the school’s newspaper.

The event would obviously be free for all students to participate in, stalls by the entrance of the gymnasium would be stationed with different themed countries and their respective foods or products (i.e., Philippines are famous for their adobo. Japan is famous for their ramen) the stalls can be run by the cooking club where each member can make a dish that tastes just like their home.

I find this idea to be efficient in terms of involving different clubs and allowing different cultures to be shared through an open and accepting event. The goal is to allow students to be proud of their background and to share it amongst their peers proudly.

Character Name:
Cleo ‘Estelle’ Fernandez

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
(030)-467-4385

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Cleo is known to be more sweet and nurturing at first glance, being around her offers a sense of warmth and security. Her gentle voice and calm facial features match her older sister-like personality. She loves handing out star stickers, giving high fives, and is very big on family and respect.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
A Filipino-German female that stands around 5’4, she dresses in dainty and modest clothes with a smidge of today’s trends!

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I listen to the ones who aren’t listened to with the intention to help and not to strike fear. I’ve been told many times that one day it will be my downfall, but in my eyes it's my biggest strength and therefore my best advantage against the other applicants. Listening is not something everyone can do, despite it being so simple, when I hear others out I do it unbiased and justly, I offer that fairness and sense of justice that not all people can offer.

Why do you want this position?:
I come from a family of natural born leaders, though it may seem narcissistic of me to involve them in this application, I assure you that it isn’t entirely the case. My parents lead with fear, using their high ranks to strike their employees where it would hurt and truth be told, I despise it. I am not my parents and I don’t measure my worth with positions, I measure my reach with it. Unlike them, I have my heart set in the right place. I want to help and offer a safe space for those who suffered from anxiety and fear the way I did. I want this position because I want to make the environment within the school safer and better for those who believe that they do not have a voice. I know my reach as a normal student is limited and being on the council will allow me to help others further past the limit that I currently have.

What interests you the most about student council?:
I really look forward to the closeness the council has! That alone made me consider giving this application a shot. But other than that, the way the council handles and defuses overwhelming situations while being calm and collected inspires me! I think it’s amazing how this group of students band together with a single intention, to provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere for students to learn in. I find it so heart-warming and desire to be a part of it.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I’m very observant, perhaps I can help keep the school safe by keeping a keen eye on students that may need help silently as I cannot physically keep students safe from harm, especially when I am deemed unhelpful due to my lack of physical strength- however from a fun perspective, I can help by continuously making conversations with students, have a tiny reward system like star stickers, and even routinely hand out flyers for events to keep everyone updated, as well as suggesting more school events, that the students can find interesting, for the future.

Additional Notes:
Thank you for reading my application! Oh and the banners are made by my friend I take no credit for those!! <3

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we have decided to accept your application:

- please ping Customable#1590 in the Karakura academics help channel to receive your discord roles and create a ticket in-game to receive your in-game roles

Users who are viewing this thread