Builder
LuxidDream
LuxidDream
Notable+
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:
LuxidDream

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I do have a record though I've improved and haven't had any infractions recently as I've worked to become a positive member of the community, and will continue to do so. I've been banned a total of three times, the first was for FailRP in 2016, the second was for glitching in 2017, then my final ban was for FailRP, glitching, abusing cosmetics, and metagaming. This resulted in a permanent ban which I appealed for in 2020 and had accepted.

I have received a total of two warnings, one being for chaining (2021) and the other being for chat bypass. (early 2022)

What is your timezone?:
EST

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
luxid#3946

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Accepted - Build team application
Accepted - Language application
Denied - Language application

I’ve had one other from my recollection, but they were both on a different forum account which I lost the account info for.

That being an accepted JSL application.

Describe your activity on the server?:
I’ve been incredibly active throughout the last two years aside from a break during school in late 2021. Since my acceptance onto the build team, I’ve been incredibly active in the community, and plan on remaining that way for as long as possible! I try my very hardest to be on everyday, if not every other, from an hour to several hours at a time.

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
Main account
LuxidDream [College] [M] Maimi Ikebana

Secondary account
LuxidDog [Dog] Hōrō-sha

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, and I fully accept those consequences! If I have any sort of inactivity I will post beforehand!

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:

The student council is a group of driven students set to assist the school staff, and students.
They coordinate the needs of students with the SLT and other faculty, they help to ensure the safety and the wellbeing of students, they enforce the rules of the school and monitor halls along with other faculty members to keep an eye out for the all so common rule breaker or bully, assist teachers and staff in keeping altercations in check, and plan events for the school and students. They also are there for students who may need someone to talk to, to listen to them, and to make them truly feel heard. Councillors may be able to assist with directing students to helpful programs, and recommending clubs, and where to apply for them.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
I’ve been interested in applying for awhile, I want to be more involved with the school while also still being a student. I have the strong urge to help out more than I currently can as my normal student role, along with a general interest in the student council as a whole. Aside from those, enjoy the feeling of being apart of a team and am seeking out more ways to be connected to my fellow community members aside from just being in the build team, or being on a sports team.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes! And I am so excited for that!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
Presidents
They lead us, do the majority of the organization of events, do the majority of the coordination with the SLT, and lead the entire council and keep us all in check.

Vice presidents
They are the right-hand of the president. They are the ones who take charge when the president is unavailable to perform their duties, or are otherwise unable to do so.

Councillors
They make the majority of the council, although not that high on the chain of command. Following the lead of the presidents, and vice presidents, they help with brainstorming event ideas, and are often seen patrolling the hallways and helping out faculty.

SLT
The senior leadership team, our dean, vice dean, principal, and vice principal. They ultimately decide who stays in the school, hires the faculty, and gets events in order.

Faculty
They are the rest of the staff that make up the school, such as the teachers, and professors, etc. Planning and classes, answering questions, cleaning the hallways, keeping an eye out for rule breakers, planning events.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?
I’d turn my attention to the two, pause a moment to hear what exactly was going on. Upon accessing the situation, depending on what exactly was being said, I would have to step in and tell them to cut it out, verbally harassing other students in any sort of aggressive manner is not okay within the school campus.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
Assuming that I’ve already asked previously a few times, and made them well aware that masks weren’t allowed, I’d give them a warning that refusal to comply with removing their mask, will result in detention. If they still haven’t removed it I would give them a detention slip. Though I would also inform a teacher or other faculty member of the individual, to make them aware, just incase the individual, either simply does not show up to detention, or decides to cause further trouble.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I’d approach the situation, putting myself between the councillor and the student and ask what the meaning of the altercation was, carefully awaiting an explanation on both sides before deciding to direct the other councillor away from the student. Our jobs are to help prevent this sort of environment, not further enforce it! It’s utterly unfair to treat well meaning students this sort of way, following the incident I would file a report to the vice president or president to make them well aware of the fellow councillors misactions.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
Ask my fellow councilors to get me back up to date or if they have notes on the meeting if it’s no big trouble, and they have the time of course. For future meetings I should take notes during meetings as well to avoid this sort of thing happening again, though the chances of that are relatively slim.

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
I would inform the teacher that I had been taught differently, following, I’d apologize if I may have come across as disrespectful in any manner. If it involves any sort of rule breaking, I’d first take note of exactly what happened then I’d take it to someone above me such as the other school faculty or straight to SLT.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
Visual arts & light show event
Of course in collaboration with the build team on this entire event.
So we would have parts of the first floor of the school and potentially the courtyard filled with different sections of themes of art installations and lights, set up by the art classes, and student council for more school activities with peers. Our main theme being light displays spread around in different styles, mixed with other types of arts! Preferably hosted in the evening/night so it can show off the true visuals of the lights!
We could possibly have "fake" flowers lit up along the courtyard pathway and in the gardens to add in some character, paired with the strings of paper lanterns hanging from trees with streamers.

Moving into the interior! one section can be presented as black and white, while another section could be based off of the Van Gogh painting starry night. The stars and the moon can be represented using lanterns.
Another could be a walk through library in the hallway, shelves of books in pillars with hanging candles, giving the illusion of floating candles. The front gate area could have lit up arches, along with the gate itself being lit up by strings of lights.
I also think that there should be a photobooth placed somewhere in the hallway, with orbs & lanterns set on what look like clouds around for people to stand in front of, and for the orbs and lanterns to hang in some places as well.

In the cafeteria we could have a food booth of some sort, with drinks and snacks, the money from which could be forwarded towards some sort of funding for the school, or another organization, my vote being on updating the school uniforms, just to freshen them up!

On account of it being held at nighttime, anyone would be allowed to attend, if not encouraged to get more school engagement, after all this is the main goal of this art show.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:
Maimi Ikebana

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
030-223-0990

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Maimi tries her hardest to stay in an up-beat, bubbly, manner. Some may describe her as a big flirt and ‘feisty’ and rather eccentric and hyper, though, like every flawed being she has some days where she’s rather cold or distant, by cold I mean the eccentric hyper mannerism she typically exhibits melt away and she keeps quiet and to herself. As much as she tries to be, despite her best efforts, no one is perfect, including herself.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
A 5'2 fit Japanese female, large eyelashes, blonde hair with dyed lighter highlights, and a bouncy demeanor. She often wears an array of different styles! Ranging from street style, to cutesy, to something resembling a barbie!

View attachment 37254

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
A bright driven attitude! Now I know you’ve probably heard that, and I am relatively green, but that’s what sets me apart, despite the fact I have a green history I still have the guts to even apply, and I am so eager to learn. I have the determination to make our school a safer environment, there's too many bullies that just get away with things because our fellow students are too scared to speak up, either due to fear of harassment or from the fact they feel nothing will be done about it. I believe I'm an excellent fit due to my already helpful demeanor,I will dedicate my time to the school and help other students in absolutely any way I can. I will always strive to give off a bright and inviting disposition to students, so they feel safe enough to speak to me.

Why do you want this position?:
I want to help, I want to make our school feel more safe and inviting. As it stands right now there's only so much I can do about students who break the rules or harass others, and when I try and do something about these situations, I often go unheard and I'd like that to change. By saying I want to help may seem like an empty promise to just get a seat on the council, but I truly mean it. I’m constantly face to face with situations that a council member may have to break-up, with no one there and it’s infuriating that people keep getting away with some of the things they get away with, purely because no one was there to catch them. Even with reports, there's only so much you can do to get them caught. Aside from that, I’m so interested in the student interactions, because I know it is much more than just dealing with the delinquent type, though that is the most well known aspect of it.

What interests you the most about student council?:
The environment the council brings to the school, every single person on the council has a driven attitude of some sort otherwise they wouldn’t have the position. I like the team aspect of it all, without the mean jock behavior, we all share the same sort of passion for the school and academics, and most of all being there for our peers. It’s not just the idea that I can help but I can befriend my fellow councilors, and be a part of something good and useful.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I hardly have a life outside of schoolwork, and classes, so trust that I have an observant eye when it comes to being out and about in the hallways! Also, I’m good at reading people, so I can react accordingly, trying hard to make those who may be uneasy or anxious feel as though they are in a safe space to speak. Or alternatively, help in mellowing out high stress situations such as a verbal altercation. I’m extremely fast on my feet, meaning I’d move quickly to get faculty if I was unable to handle a physical fight, though, I’m sure I’d be fine.

Thank you for taking the time to read and review my application!

Last edited:

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
PENDING

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the student council!

The council found your application great, however, they have decided to place you on pending until the council falls out of ratio.​

[!]
If you have any questions, please DM Customable#1590 on discord.​

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Pending for quite a while there, but perhaps worth while in the end, thank you for taking the time to apply and welcome to the student council, starting today

To get started please ping @[Vice-Dean] Tasselled in the RPH academic's discord's help channel.
From there, please contact your appropriate council lead

If you have any questions, please contact Customable#1590 on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread