Level 111
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
College Council Application.gif

What is your Minecraft Username?:
Ordinqry

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I'm sure I have a few warns, though I do not have any bans. Feel free to check my history!

What is your timezone?:
EST (or something i hate daylight savings)

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
hye#2148

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Language Application [ACCEPTED]
Third Language Authorization Application [ACCEPTED]
Club Application (JOURNALISM) [ACCEPTED]
Third Language Authorization Application [DENIED]
Internship Application (EMS) [DENIED]
HS Council Application [ACCEPTED]
Height Application [ACCEPTED]
Lore Team Application [DENIED]
Lore Team Application [DENIED]
COL Council Application [ACCEPTED]
Note: I did not take the position as a college councillor at the time due to getting accepted to the basketball team the same day.
Internship Application (KPD) [ACCEPTED]
Height Application [DENIED]
Height Application [ACCEPTED]
Journalist Application [DENIED]
Language Application [DENIED]
College Council Application 2 [ACCEPTED]
Lore Team Application [ACCEPTED]
(i may have missed a few)

Describe your activity on the server:
At the moment, I am mainly getting on only on weekends due to school IRL, though I do occasionally come on on the weekdays if I come home a bit early and I don't have any IRL priorities. I would personally rate my activity a 4-6/10.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
Ordinqry [College] [M]
lgegan [Grade-11] [Football-Team]

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I do. I will try my best to keep activity under my circumstances.​

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is a group of selected volunteers responsible for many school events and changes. Generally, this is decided through a council meeting, hosted by one of the Presidents or Vice-Dean Akiya Kusanagi. The student council is separated into two different groups: The High School Council and The College Council. Though there is not much difference between the two, each of them have their own unique (not including the twins) President and Vice-President. The President and Vice-President have the power to host a meeting with both sides of the council, though the high school president & vice should prioritize the high school council while the college president & vice should prioritize the college council. Additionally, council members should also prioritize rule-enforcing. Council members generally patrol around the school, having just about the same authority as a faculty member (when patrolling).

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
I had to leave the council due to a technical issue. Now I'm back and better than ever! (not really, im exaggerating.) I thought rejoining the council would bring me back with my old friends in the council as well as bring me back to where I was before I quit the server a few months ago.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I will do my best to help with anything the student council is doing.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
President: In charge of everything that goes on in the council, though mainly prioritizes their own side.

Vice-President: Basically just the same as the President, though more of a fill-in. Mostly the same responsibilities as the President, though they are a step of the ladder down.

Trainer: A council member that is responsible for training any of the new councillors coming in. They are in charge of telling the newbies how to patrol, what they should do during meetings, how they should behave during schooltime, etc. When they are not training someone, they are just another council member themselves.

Council Member: The average council member is in charge of doing what the others do not. Patrolling is one of the major ones. While the Higher-Ups are discussing higher-up things, the councillor should be patrolling around the school, enforcing the rules. Every council member should wear their council armband or uniform to signify to others that they are a councillor and that they may go to that said councillor for assistance in anything.

SLT: Though the SLT do not prioritize the student council, other than the faction lead, the SLT do have full authority over the council, meaning the ability to replace a president, remove a councillor, host a meeting, etc.

Faculty Members, Professors, Teachers: Faculty members, professors, and teachers are generally doing their jobs. Though if a student is misbehaving, they are allowed to step in and punish theem as a councillor would.​

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Yell at them to stop. If they continue to ignore me, I would step between them, tell them to stop again. If they move away from me and continue arguing, I would bring them both to the council room and sort out the situation about what they are arguing about. If I see them argue after I let them go, it's a detention. If I know these particular students and they are always causing trouble, I would immediately tell them to stop and if they do not, I would give them detention, because what's wasting your time trying to do something you know won't help?

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
If they are wearing a mask, there is no way to actually give them detention. The best thing I could do would be to inform the other councillors on the student radio to keep an eye out for the masked individual. If I wanted to, however, I have the freedom to chase them until they stop and give detention to them myself. However, from personal experience, I will definitely say that this method rarely ever works, so informing the others would be the main solution.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I would immediately get my phone out and record the scenario as I go up to the councillor and pull them away. I would get another faculty member or councillor nearby to calm down the victim. I would tell the councillor to stop and then get a higher up to handle the rest of the situation. After that, there shouldn't be anything else I should do. However, I should watch this council member closer and keep an eye on their activities to see if they are following the rules still.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
The council meetings usually go around an hour or so, meaning if I miss a few pieces, it shouldn't affect anything unless they were major points of discussion. If they were not major points, it would be pretty easy to piece it together myself and understand the point. However, if they were important, I would simply go up to the higher-up running the meeting and ask. Mookie doesn't bite!

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
It takes just some simple common sense. If they ask something like "hey, can you go and secretly go through vice dean akiya kusanagi's paperwork for me?" then obviously, NO! if it's something that goes against what I was taught, then it shouldn't be allowed. I would confirm with my higher-ups on the radio before proceeding with anything. If I was taught not to do something, I won't do it.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
FOOD FAIR!

The Cooking Club is now in control! For a special day of the year, the Cooking Club can set up booths all around the school and sell food to students. The booths would most likely be set up around on the first floor and the outside areas. Students may get some food for themselves wherever they go. Oh, I'm heading to class? Grab a chicken (a whole chicken) before you go! I was just about to play a game of football, sorry. It's alright, buy this energy drink, it'll keep you energized. About to skip school? Here, buy a cookie before you leave. I won't snitch! (I will.)

During certain periods, students may roam around the school to see what food they can purchase. The food should be a variety of cultural foods, candy for the little kids, and drinks for the athletes, basically every unique group you can think of. Mexican cuisine? Asian cuisine? American fast food? Italian cuisine? Anything you'd like! The council members can also help with the club if deemed not enough club members to make it work. A food fair with only food is no fun, is it? Council members could be in charge of other activities that could go around the school. For example, a dunk tank or a water gun fight. These would be simple pleasures for any students that do not want any food. Any members not running the booths should dress as random foods like ice cream or a taco and run around promoting their booth. After the day eventually comes to an end, the members all come together one last time to see how much food they sold. Whoever sells the most gets bragging rights for being the best business man... in the Cooking Club, that is.

This event could pose as a unique way to spread diversity across the school and have a little bite whilst doing so!​

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:

"I am THE Eichi Blackburn!"
Character Gender:
"I am a male."
Character Age:
"I'm 22 years old!"
Character phone-number:
030-649-7234
Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Eichi Blackburn is the balance between chaos and order. He is sometimes the biggest asshole you will meet, and you either become best friends with him or mortal enemies. However, during his time as a former councillor, he kept a composure that was more than enough. He was able to sort out extreme situations in a calm and collected manner, yet he was proven to be one of the strictest, running after school detention.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

1669163401415.png

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
"For starters, I have the experience. I have been in the council before and I know how it all works. I have the understanding of what a councillor should be doing. I'm also unique in such a way, everybody either loves me or hates me. Either way, I've proven that I can get the job done. I'm able to break up arguments and I am more than happy to run after school detention. If anything, I enjoy it."

Why do you want this position?:
"Why do I want it? I just recently came back to Karakura, when I found out I was removed from the council. I was not surprised by it, of course, though I was really contemplating rejoining the team. The council has been the only group I have enjoyed being a part of, and I would like to rejoin that group."

What interests you the most about student council?:
"Like I said, it's the one place I fit in. The student council, to me, beats everywhere else I could go to. For my set of skills, I could join the basketball team, which, been there, done that, I didn't like it, or I could've joined a club, which, again, been there, done that, I'm tired of it now. Also, without those two groups, the student council is also the only group I could join to help with school events. Disregarding those, I would also love to return to the council and old friends."

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
"Well, it's me! What can't I contribute? I have the ideas... I got the enthusiasm, I already have the experience, tons of it! And I know how to do everything already. Patrolling is hardwired into my brain. I know exactly what to do when running into a situation. Running detention is like riding a bike to me. I bet you've all seen me run detention at least once! And.. I used to be a club leader too! I would do absolutely amazing with the school events n' stuff! Especially since I've helped in some of 'em already! Like club fair, yeah!"

I've done this application way too much now....​

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply and welcome BACK to the student council

To get started please ping @[Vice-Dean] Tasselled in the RPH academic's discord's help channel.
From there, please contact your appropriate council lead

If you have any questions, please contact Customable#1590 on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread