jenau
Notable
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
upload_2021-6-18_21-49-55.png
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

What is your Minecraft Username?:
jenau

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
I haven’t been banned nor been warned before.

What is your timezone?:
GMT+3

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
jena#5599

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

[ACCEPETED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/kyleeiias-journalist-application.32942/
[DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-langauge-application.22474/

[ACCEPETED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-italian-replacement.39856/

[ACCEPETED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.22986/

[ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-language-application.22647/

[ACCEPETED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/student-councilor-application.27822/

Describe your activity on the server?
I consider myself to be an active member of SRP. Every day, I would hop on the server for a few hours. Additionally, I'm also active on the forums, I check them almost weekly.

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I’m aware that I will be removed from inactivity.

━━━━━━━━━━
upload_2021-6-18_21-50-27.png
━━━━━━━━━━

What is the student council?
The student council is an association of student volunteers who work for the betterment of their school. They also organize social activities for other students. Councils are generally involved in planning school events, such as proms and spirit rallies. In addition to the school board, administration, parent organizations, students, and local community, the committee identifies and approves projects and initiatives for the school. In addition to providing assistance to students in need or struggling at school, the student council also addresses violence issues and fights. Student Councils are effective in creating connections and belonging, and in turn affecting the school culture and climate, which contributes not only to high achievement but also to the development of the next generation of leaders.

Who or what brought you to apply for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):

my friends and fellow councillors inspired me, I have gained new perspectives on what it is to be a member of the student council. The activities that these students do throughout school have inspired me. Seeing councillors deal with issues and find solutions has inspired me, just as I have noticed how they help others when they are experiencing problems while at school. My friends believed that my personality and the way I deal with problems would serve me well in the role of a member of the council. Even though, as a college student who wishes to succeed and ensure that everyone is on good terms, being in council would be my one and only passion.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:
Councillors of the Karakura school council help students who are having problems with fellow students, and supervise safety in the school grounds. Council members come up with various wonderful ideas to potentially improve the quality of students' health and well-being. Besides this, they also make sure that everyone on school grounds has a safe and comfortable environment and is able to have fun while learning.

How would you describe your work ethic?:

I consider myself good at being a councillor in school, It is very important to me that I accomplish all the tasks and work I have to do. My open-mindedness and creativity make me open to getting new information, ideas, and perspectives. My interest in working with students around school is helping them with problems they face or struggles they encounter. In order to help every student, I ensure that they feel comfortable and safe once the situation ends. I believe that my character, as well as myself, are good at handling problems and dealing with members who raise problems. Also, I consider myself hardworking and serious about being on council, and I am not someone who takes being on council for granted. When it comes to safety and making sure that the school is in good hands and out of toxic situations, I take my job and position pretty seriously.

What interests you the most about the student council?:
What interests me about student council is how they work things out in the school environment, they ensure every student is safe. Without student council the school would be a mess, and everyone would break the rules, and violence would spread around as well. The student council plays an important role within the school. what also interests me about student council is how they work as a team to resolve a problem, and plan social events and projects as a team. Every council that has inspired me had a really strong, well-composed, open-minded, and smart personality, which I felt would suit a student council, and thus I wanted to become a member.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?:
I've played SRP for almost two years, but I first learned about it in 2019. As someone with experience in role-playing, I believe I have the ability to work with others. Playing SRP each day enables me to gain more roleplaying experience. I have experience playing as a college student, as a member of the family, and I believe I am good at reflecting emotions effectively in my characters, thus making the scene more realistic. My main account and only account are both SRP accounts, and I have changed characters rarely. With every character, I experienced varied types of role-playing scenes and styles.

━━━━━━━

upload_2021-6-18_21-50-39.png
━━━━━━━

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
My first step would be to gently listen to the members' ideas from their beginning to their end. I would suggest coming up with a different idea in a calm tone if the idea was horrible and disliked by most council members. My suggestion is to come up with an idea that would make more sense if someday it becomes feasible. I will emphasize the advantages of my idea, and how it would be a perfect fit. Student council should also work as a team to plan/organize things out, and come up with range of different unique ideas.

In a situation where you propose an idea, and everyone else dislikes it. How would you go about this?:
I would be calm and independent about the idea that i suggested to the student council, and respect the other student councillors opinions about my idea. I would gladly Listen to what the other student councillor has to say to come up with ideas that are more useful than mine.
Lastly, I would learn from my own mistakes that i suggested in the idea that caused everyone to dislike it, and ask for help, since council is about teamwork, and making mistakes is part of being a student.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
In order to avoid causing conflict, I would gently discuss this with each student council and suggest they take it in stride if they must. I'd explain to them what caused this situation, and how that will impact their position in the Council. My next task would be to listen to the main argument of the two parties. I would advice the councillors who are fighting is that, if they won't stop arguing, I will remind them of the values they represent and why they got into council--to help others and handle situations gently, rather than to start arguments and argue over ideas. Furthermore, I would remind them that school council works as a team of council members, and that no council member is against their counterpart.

A councilor is stirring up problems and bullying students on school grounds! What would you do?:
In that case, I would approach them and tell them to try and keep their behavior in check and that abusing their council position is a bad choice. I would then ask them to reflect on the purpose for applying for this position, and the reasons they chose it. In the event that the councillor does not take my advice to heart and continues to talk about the issue, I would discuss it with the higher-ups of the school council, such as the president and vice president. If none of the presidents were available around that time, I would approach a member of the school staff so the president can be made aware of the councillor causing problems.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:
My first priority would be to listen patiently to Council president. I would then speak in a low voice and discuss with the president my reasons for disagreeing. Nevertheless, I think the president of the council has more experience as a council member, and I believe the president will have something useful to add. Though, if I disagree with their suggestions, I would definitely express my viewpoint.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councilors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:
It is important that I bring up the issue of the drama that the councilors are having. Rather than engaging in drama among the councilors, I would calm them down gently by talking to them and encouraging them not to cause drama between each other. This would affect the councilors' work ethic. My goal would be to find solutions as well. In order for student councilors to succeed, they should work together as a team instead of fighting with each other. It is also my duty as a council member to remind them of what a council member should do, and how the council is here to promote the best interests of the school.

There’s a school faculty member abusing their power on school grounds! What do you do?:

As a first step, I would try to comprehend what the faculty member is trying to do. If I see them abusing their position as faculty to the students with no real benefit, I would approach a member of the school staff who isn't abusing their position and inform them of this other faculty member. As well as, reporting this situation to the principals office.

Your friend has been given detention and has asked you to get them out of trouble. What do you do?:
It would be wise for me to start with asking my friend about the actions they caused within the school that got them into detention. My first thought would be that getting into detention means the student has done something wrong at school. However, I would not help friends of mine who stir up trouble around school grounds and then get into detention. As a councillor, I am responsible for ensuring the school is in good hands, even if it was a friend. I would try to talk to the teacher or councillor who had my friend detained, and agree with their reasons for why my friend deserved the detention.

━━━━━━━━━━━━
upload_2021-6-18_21-50-48.png
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Character Name:
Jiyura MacLeod

Character Gender:
Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:
277-154-884

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:
Jiyura is a serious, intelligent girl who rarely displays any emotion and generally seems unfazed by most things. She comes off as a rather cold and distant person to her classmates due to lack of communication with them as well as her tendency to distance herself from them and to look down on them. Because of this attitude, she is openly honest about many things. Despite her disdain and cold attitude, it appears she can be a caring person. It may seem like she is cold-hearted, but her main concern is promoting the welfare of her family and friends more than her own self-interest.

Character appearance/attire:

upload_2021-8-1_16-23-1.png

A female would be standing at 5'5 weighting 132 lbs, she'd have medium length brown hair with pink strikes, contracting with her ocean eyes. She'd keep a straight face most of the time, her voice is often feminine with an accent. as you pass by her, her scent would be rosemary. She'd usually wear black and white clothes, although she does wear a few colors and changes up her style sometimes. She usually wore boots with black studs, and earrings that complemented her feeling of style. Despite her confidence, Jiyura does not waste time on unnecessary things that might distract her from attaining her goal.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
What makes me different from others is that, i’m a hard working person when it comes to providing safety and helping others through their problems. Likewise, ensuring that each student is happy and full of joy is equally important because student mental health is important. I’d also consider myself good at dealing with fights/violence situations at school and solving them. My personality and abilities would be benefited by serving in council. I think I'm capable of coming up with several original ideas and organizing things correctly.

Why do you want this position?:
I want to be part of the council because it truly gives me the opportunity to foster skills like leadership, communication, teamwork, organization and public speaking. Being part of the team will improve my personality and the way i solve problems. Teamwork is my favorite way to work and i likes to share my ideas with others. Although i enjoy organizing events on school grounds with friends from the Student Council, the planning itself is more enjoyable for me. I have always dreamed of being a student councillor and it is probably the most rewarding position for me.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
I could contribute a lot of things within Karakura, It is in the best interest of every student not to get injured in fights. As a way of making the school a safer place for students, I would ensure everyone is abiding by the school's rules and not being biased when reporting issues to the school staff. Nevertheless, I would ensure all students are having fun in a positive way by organizing events for all students to enjoy. That would be a great way to get students to see how the student council isn't bad.

♡♡

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Congratulations! After both the council presidents and I have reviewed your application we decided to accept it!
To get your roles on the Karakura Academics discord applied ping @Tippie#6666 in #help, for the roles in-game you can either DM me or paste the link of this application in /help. Welcome to the student council!

Users who are viewing this thread