mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

College English class ideas please

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
English is 100% the easiest class to teach, since SRP is a writing based server and you can use that to your advantage when planning out activities. I've been a high
school English teacher a few times, so I can say with some authority that you shouldn't have a hard time as long as you stay on top of your lessons and keep a cool head.

You'll definitely need to put some time into thinking of your own ideas at some point, but here are some good ones to get you started:

Give your students writing prompts, and share / discuss any interesting ones with the full class.

Do descriptive writing, take people places or show them objects and have them describe things in ways that encourage odd perspectives.

Literary examination, prepare short books or excerpts for the class to read then discuss them as a class or in small groups.

Prepare short note sheets over a certain topic, give students about 3 minutes OOCly to go through them and play a game with the information (jeopardy, kahoot, sink or swim, etc).

0ProbablyABunny0

Level 17
0ProbablyABunny0
0ProbablyABunny0
Fundraiser
Teach people to look at when books/stories were written, what was happening in the world at the time it was written? What was happening in the authors life? I recently did I project in my irl English class on this - lots of work, taught me a lot.

MowToTheMeow

Level 2
English is 100% the easiest class to teach, since SRP is a writing based server and you can use that to your advantage when planning out activities. I've been a high
school English teacher a few times, so I can say with some authority that you shouldn't have a hard time as long as you stay on top of your lessons and keep a cool head.

You'll definitely need to put some time into thinking of your own ideas at some point, but here are some good ones to get you started:

Give your students writing prompts, and share / discuss any interesting ones with the full class.

Do descriptive writing, take people places or show them objects and have them describe things in ways that encourage odd perspectives.

Literary examination, prepare short books or excerpts for the class to read then discuss them as a class or in small groups.

Prepare short note sheets over a certain topic, give students about 3 minutes OOCly to go through them and play a game with the information (jeopardy, kahoot, sink or swim, etc).
Thanks for your suggestions! The first one you mentioned will probably be my go-to in the beginning.

About the Kahoot idea, are we allowed to use actual Kahoot?

tobbby

Level 277
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
Thanks for your suggestions! The first one you mentioned will probably be my go-to in the beginning.

About the Kahoot idea, are we allowed to use actual Kahoot?
i think so as long as people dont hse like real names, id ask tho because im a moron

Users who are viewing this thread