mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

College Student Freedom / School Guard Role Suggestion

Nova

Level 36
IGN: StonerGoat / BoyfriendXML
DATE: 09/18/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: College Students being able to leave the campus.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This suggestion would benefit the people who apply as college students as it is particularly realistic for college students to leave the campus after they go to class whether it is to get food, supplies or more.

Though many people will probably see this and think, "This probably will just let college students leave whenever they want and not go to class!"

That's when I bring the idea of a strike system being utilized, if a character isn't in class at least once or twice, then they'd proceed to get a strike. That strike will last for awhile until the third strike, when your character fully becomes a college-dropout without the opportunity of changing their age as an Adult unless they want to try Highschool again.

It is a very simple suggestion and even a benefit for people who applied to college in Karakura, just as long as they are actively doing classes and moving towards becoming a successful adult, it would make more than sense to allow College kids to have way more freedom than Highschool kids because people in college are realistically not being forced to be in class. That would give more motive to join a class than to just wander about the school until a class begins.

Edit:

Another thing I would love to add is showing that by allowing professors to give signed books to students that show the exact date, timeframe and ETC to see that college students are actively attending classes, it would make it easier for admins to decide whether or not the college rank should be kept by that player that applied for it.

College is all about self-responsibility and getting to class by your own. If someone isn’t making the effort to join those said classes, that should be completely on them and not the school associates’ to say “Go to class” and this and that. College students are adults and not like Highschool students.

Edit 2:
Courtesy to the Ocean man, he just came up with a wonderful idea.

New Role: [Guard]
Description: A guard's role is to guard the area of school. Front and back, but there would be two guards for each section of the building, each breaktime they would rest or talk to the other faculty members through the radio. How they work for let's say, going out, a guard will give you a SIGNED NOTEBOOK with a DATE and a TIMEFRAME allowing a student to go out. If you DO NOT come back at the exact time that the guard tells you too, then they will report you to a faculty member to be sent in for detention or if you’re a college student, you’d be given a strike.

Last edited:

Nova

Level 36
they can't even manage to attend their classes. This would not help
That would be true, but maybe they should be apprehended for not attending those said classes since it’s been very obvious that they applied for the sake of getting the adult rank, correct? People apply and get the rank for the sake of the rank, but forget they also need to attend to classes. Most of those people don’t get to attend the classes their character are even majoring in, but at the end of the day, people who have the rank are told by multiple associates in the college to go to class. Given, most don’t join, but there’s also the side of some professors who are inactive throughout the day and there isn’t a class to join.

I’m just saying, if there isn’t an active class to join or a college student has been in class already, it shouldn’t be necessary for them to stay on campus because it’s realistic. College rank is only for people who applied for it and/or earned it, and if college people are young adults then they should also have the freedom to leave whenever and fail if they haven’t gone to class.

That’s more people to demote from college rank if someone lies about being in a class than it is for any other reason.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I’m just saying, if there isn’t an active class to join or a college student has been in class already, it shouldn’t be necessary for them to stay on campus because it’s realistic. College rank is only for people who applied for it and/or earned it, and if college people are young adults then they should also have the freedom to leave whenever and fail if they haven’t gone to class.
How are you going to moderate them already attending class? If you give said freedom then more than half of the professors on the team could lose their job due to lack of students on campus/attending class. I admit that even just keeping them on campus isn’t helping A LOT with attendance of classes but giving them this much freedom won’t do much either and probably even worsen it -1

Nova

Level 36
How are you going to moderate them already attending? If you give said freedom then more than half of the professors on the team could lose their job due to lack of students on campus/attending class. I admit that even just keeping them on campus isn’t helping A LOT with attendance of classes but giving them this much freedom won’t do much either and probably even worsen it -1
There could be a special item (like a ticket, or, an assignment.) that simply disappears from the inventory that professors could give. Admins have the power of looking in that inventory and seeing whether or not they have that item.

The item could expire as soon as school ends, so like in an hour or a few however long it takes for it to end.

Like i said, College has always been optional and though there are some risks, there are some benefits aswell. There are some people who don’t put effort into being a college student, but like i said, shouldn’t it also be their responsibility to apprehend that behavior since it is most clearly the students that aren’t putting in the effort to join those classes?

Nova

Level 36
@HighlightedTwin and @Toto

I made a few edits on the bottom if you want to add some kind of criticism! a School Guard role would be another good idea that may even solve the problem of monitoring students attending class or leaving and entering the school. I’d love to hear some, there’s good ways to applying this suggestion as I personally think it’d also be a realistic thing to have some kind of security station in the front and back of the school.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
New Role: [Guard]
Description: A guard's role is to guard the area of school. Front and back, but there would be two guards for each section of the building, each breaktime they would rest or talk to the other faculty members through the radio. How they work for let's say, going out, a guard will give you a SIGNED NOTEBOOK with a DATE and a TIMEFRAME allowing a student to go out. If you DO NOT come back at the exact time that the guard tells you too, then they will report you to a faculty member to be sent in for detention or if you’re a college student, you’d be given a strike.
Neutral on this portion. It can be a good role.

Joe.exe

Level 43
Kurumi_Walnut
Kurumi_Walnut
Rich+
Because there are fewer students in College, and they are all players who have been playing SRP for a while, some of them are tired of the option of taking classes. If there is no IC rule of mandatory going to class, most people will choose not to go, then in a class There may be only one or two people, or even no one.
As for leaving the school, it's not realistic. There are fewer online players in SRP. Suddenly 50 people leave school will affect the fun and excitement of RP, This is difficult to manage and can create unnecessary confusion and hassle.

As for the new role I don't think it is necessary to add it for the above reasons, even if your suggestion is accepted then it should be up to Caretaker to do the job

imgayforwomen

Level 108
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
This suggestion is not verey efficient since:
1. College lacks people as it already is a much smaller group than High School
2. It would be a huge hassle to moderate when College Students DO go out of school
3. Most classes already have trouble getting students. That's where councillors, faculty, and other teachers and professors come in

Nova

Level 36
Because there are fewer students in College, and they are all players who have been playing SRP for a while, some of them are tired of the option of taking classes. If there is no IC rule of mandatory going to class, most people will choose not to go, then in a class There may be only one or two people, or even no one.
As for leaving the school, it's not realistic. There are fewer online players in SRP. Suddenly 50 people leave school will affect the fun and excitement of RP, This is difficult to manage and can create unnecessary confusion and hassle.

As for the new role I don't think it is necessary to add it for the above reasons, even if your suggestion is accepted then it should be up to Caretaker to do the job
“It’s not realistic”
Me: a real college student and has been told by multiple professors that its completely our choice to come to college or not.

o_o_o_f

Level 7
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+
Now that exams have taken place, I do think the "not enough college students" is starting to become a bad argument, but regardless, -1.

Your idea of a strike system is flawed and it really wont work well. "if a character isn't in class at least once or twice", once or twice per IC day? per IC week? And if it lasts "a while", it doesn't negate the issue of college students not attending classes. You also claim that it is a simple suggestion, and whilst it might seem that way on paper, I find it very hard to see how it will work in practice.

"people in college are realistically not being forced to be in class." - But they are? Not attending classes and purposely skipping them will result in consequences.

I also find your whole "signed books" paragraph very confusing and once again, hard to see in practice.

And for your guard suggestion, like mentioned above, I don't think a whole new role is needed, this duty can easily be given to the Caretakers to deal with. Also, if this were to take place, rules would have to be amended to fit this and I think it's a huge hassle for something that really isn't needed.

Joe.exe

Level 43
Kurumi_Walnut
Kurumi_Walnut
Rich+
Me: a real college student and has been told by multiple professors that its completely our choice to come to college or not.
You are right, but SRP is an RP server based on Minecraft. It is very different from reality. Although we are trying to restore the real reality, our player is not enough. If the number of online users on the server exceeds 500, you can consider this suggestion. If the number of online servers exceeds 1000, then SchoolRP can be renamed as CityRP.

Please always keep in mind that the name of the server we are on is SchoolRP, which is characterized by school life, so I don't want College students to leave school during school, if you want to leave school, you can become an [adult]

In any case, the real RP (RP with many OOC rules) is difficult to attract new players, and the innovation and management of the server will also consume a lot of administrators' energy.

Nova

Level 36
This suggestion is not verey efficient since:
1. College lacks people as it already is a much smaller group than High School
2. It would be a huge hassle to moderate when College Students DO go out of school
3. Most classes already have trouble getting students. That's where councillors, faculty, and other teachers and professors come
You are right, but SRP is an RP server based on Minecraft. It is very different from reality. Although we are trying to restore the real reality, our player is not enough. If the number of online users on the server exceeds 500, you can consider this suggestion. If the number of online servers exceeds 1000, then SchoolRP can be renamed as CityRP.

Please always keep in mind that the name of the server we are on is SchoolRP, which is characterized by school life, so I don't want College students to leave school during school, if you want to leave school, you can become an [adult]

In any case, the real RP (RP with many OOC rules) is difficult to attract new players, and the innovation and management of the server will also consume a lot of administrators' energy.
And that’s completely fair, I appreciate that response a lot! I understand the big difference between Roleplay and Realism and it’s good for the server to have many other cases of fiction to seperate it even more from realism. Thanks a lot for the criticism.

Kana

Level 129
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

This used to exist, barely anyone attended college classes (there was even a period of 6 or 7 months without a class sometime a few years ago due to a lack of professors).

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
That's when I bring the idea of a strike system being utilized, if a character isn't in class at least once or twice, then they'd proceed to get a strike. That strike will last for awhile until the third strike, when your character fully becomes a college-dropout without the opportunity of changing their age as an Adult unless they want to try Highschool again.

This wouldn't help mainly because there are people with college ranks who do go afk whether it be during school or before school. If it is before school, they'd most likely be teleported back into school. You never know why someone might go afk or if they'd be back. I wouldn't want to have to get up from my computer to take my dogs on a walk or go out to buy water only to see that I've gotten a strike when I'm back.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+

Sounds like a good idea, but just wouldn't work out since college students would attend classes even less than before. Even in the middle of the day, professors would probably be lucky to get four students in their class if this idea was implemented

Nova

Level 36

This used to exist, barely anyone attended college classes (there was even a period of 6 or 7 months without a class sometime a few years ago due to a lack of professors).
That's very fair. Thanks for the feedback!

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
As Toto already said, it's already very hard to manage gettingon classes, and if they will be able to leave the campus the professor won't have a job at all.

A new role will be kinda useless, there're already faculy which r sometimes going into the gates to make sure people won't get off school, in addition it is too much responsibility to give to normal players and can be bypassed easily

Users who are viewing this thread