jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
IGN:jeemay

DATE: 4/8/21

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I wanted to suggest a small change in CombatRP. As we all know, to exit from a group during combat, you need to do /me dips and win a roll to actually start running. My issue with this is that once you win a roll, the opposite party immediately does /me grabs or something along those lines which pretty much makes /me dips useless cause you instantly just get caught again and are unable to actually get a chance at getting away.

Realistically, if the other party's back was turned to you during CombatRP, there's no possible way they'd be able to turn around and grab you in the second you start running. That's just impossible. This doesn't apply to just having their backs turned. When they face you, it's also pretty hard to grab someone when you don't expect when they'll actually start running. By the time you actually process that they began to run, you won't have time to grab onto them. It's just common sense.

The change I'd like to see is some sort of 2-second headstart to when you win a roll of actioning to dip/get away. This just gives you a chance to actually get away and find a way to hide or something as opposed to being instantly grabbed upon running.

(P.S. I'm not sure how good this suggestion is. I was just thinking about it and it popped into my head. It's not over a GangRP situation or something like that. Just a small change that could or could not be useful. I'd love to hear your feedback regardless!)

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
+1
I agree with this! I do think some change is necessary although your idea of a replacement I don’t agree with. I do agree with the suggestion but the issue that would be brought to the surface would be “How should we fix the issue?”

I am curious to see the suggestions users will give down below!

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
+1 I thought there was a rule about no instant grabbing already correct me if im wrong.

Mooej

Level 17
LLighttea
LLighttea
Rich
+1
I do believe there is a rule about that but I do agree about when the person is turned away, their back facing towards you should not roll for you running away. I have seen a lot of people quickly do /me grabs to me and a lot of other people and I agree that you should wait for at least two seconds

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
NEUTRAL
This is kind of already a thing. There is a 4-5 seconds delay between each action when someone has started running away. This also applies to officers who are planning on tasing someone (we must wait 4-5 seconds to actually tase them, once they've rolled the action to run away)

Unsure since I've never seen someone actually wait before doing /me grabs and is mostly an instant action. This has been done in the presence of staff as well and I haven't seen them comment on it at all so I assumed it wasn't a rule.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
EDIT :
What this suggestion is talking about is not an actual rule, that's at least stated in the rulebook. However, you must note that the grabbing range is 2 blocks and, if you have won an action to run away, you will be out of their range. Therefore, I'll change my vote to +1

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
------------------------------

• This is already a rule, once you win a roll using /me you are out of range and can freely run away without them grabbing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread