players online

[Commission] 15 Pixel Artworks for 15 ingame Paintings [CLOSED]

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Hello SRP!
I'm still seeking to create a big ingame auction featuring unique in-game art pieces as luxury furniture items. Here might be an opportunity for you:

I am on the lookout for a few talented pixel artists who are ready for a creative challenge!
This involves crafting up to 15 distinct pixel art pieces, each representing an in-game painting for an upcoming Custom Furniture Collection.

If you are proficient in pixelart and you believe you are up to the task, and you’re eager to showcase your skills, I invite you to choose a subject from the list provided below and apply for the commission using the specified format. Please express your interest by replying to this post. I will make my selection from the applicants by Sunday, March 17th.

I will pay 75$ for each completed commission as compensation
(with the possibility of an upfront payment of $25 out of the total upon request. Payments will be processed via PayPal.)
(I'm also doing this to support the SRP artist community. Please be nice to each other.)

Commission Details

The commission comprises three parts:

(A) Research Phase: This involves gathering references through various sources such as forum lore, in-game news, screenshots, old threads, discussions with staff, or insights from players knowledgeable about the subject. The aim is to portray the subject in a way that aligns with in-game lore as closely as possible. Please don't pressure staff or players - use clear communication and gentle inquiries.

(B) Art Creation: Utilize the gathered references to create the pixel art that will adorn the custom furniture pieces. Sizes vary from small (32x32 pixels) to medium (32x64) to large (up to 64x96 pixels), depending on the portrait requirement. It is unlikely that portraits with higher pixel count will be added to the server.

(C) Submission: Post your completed artwork in this thread, accompanied by a brief backstory based on in-game lore (e.g., the painting's history, the artist, the occasion for its creation, and its journey into the art market). Post them here or send them to me via direct message or via Discord @ bronicesky.

Selection Criteria of your applications

Priority will be given based on:
  1. SRP media team or staff members due to pre-verified credibility.
  2. Participants in the last art contest or those with a reputable portfolio displayed on this forum.
  3. New or unverified artists who can demonstrate their talent through a sample of their work or a portfolio link.

Application Format
  • IGname: (I'm looking for a member of the SRP community to undertake this project. No outsiders allowed.)
  • Portrait: (Choose from the list of subjects below. You might apply for all, a single, or a few select portraits.)
  • References: (Optional) Include pixel art or a link to your portfolio showcasing your pixel art proficiency.

List of Available Pixel Portrait Commissions
  • Tsugumi Takagi (an antique painting)
  • Detenshi 'Mike' Akihito
  • Tetsuya Otori 'The Vile'
  • Ye Saiky
  • Iwao Akihito
  • Rokku Heddo
  • Ezri Akai
  • Ernesto Martinez
  • Yeager Schwarz
  • Annabelle Sturm
  • Inari Kyohanashima
  • Katsuhito Saiky-Akihito
  • Yui Tsu
  • Goemon Asogi
  • Hiroto Akihito or Luke Herrington (a damaged painting)
If you have questions, I will answer them in this post and add my answer to an updated FAQ section!
I'm looking forward to your applications! (@staff: Should this commission post violate SRP forum rules, please close / remove it. Thank you.)

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
IGname: ohneTalent
Portrait: I can do all if that's possible! I'm also open to share if other pixel artists want to join
References: My work from the last contest:

1709843650819.png

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Thank you all who applied here (and via Discord DM).
I'll reach out to you within the next 24 hours!

ZackTimeKiller

Level 10
ZackTimeKiller
ZackTimeKiller
Notable
  • IGname: ZackTimeKiller
  • Portrait: I can do any that's not taken.
  • References: I don't normally do pixel art, but I did my best with this piece recently. And, I am also one of the participants from the last art comp, hello, hai aagain.

1710064373352.pngryuseipixelart.png

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
  • IGname: cho0ii
  • Portrait: I'm fine with any however I would prefer to do Annabel Sturm, Detenshi Akihito, Yeager Schwarz and Yui Tsu :3
  • References: My most recent pixel art portrait (I have more, been doing pixel art for a couple years now but I believe this is the first time I've shown my work to the community)
image (49).png

5SHU

Level 96
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
ITS ANOTHER ERIK FINSTER CHALLENGE!!! nevermind im stoopid (also should i try my skills?)

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
  • IGname: cho0ii
  • Portrait: I'm fine with any however I would prefer to do Annabel Sturm, Detenshi Akihito, Yeager Schwarz and Yui Tsu :3
  • References: My most recent pixel art portrait (I have more, been doing pixel art for a couple years now but I believe this is the first time I've shown my work to the community)
View attachment 60389
ALSO some not portrait pieces ive done in the past
1710104495131.png
1710104541941.png

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
All the commissions have been successfully adopted by a few select artists!
  • Tsugumi Takagi (an antique painting) --> zbatchi
  • Detenshi 'Mike' Akihito --> ohneTalent
  • Tetsuya Otori 'The Vile' --> zbatchi
  • Ye Saiky --> ohneTalent
  • Iwao Akihito --> ohneTalent
  • Rokku Heddo --> zbatchi
  • Ezri Akai --> ohneTalent
  • Ernesto Martinez --> zbatchi
  • Yeager Schwarz --> ohneTalent
  • Annabelle Sturm --> ohneTalent
  • Inari Kyohanashima --> zbatchi
  • Katsuhito Saiky-Akihito --> zbatchi
  • Yui Tsu --> ohneTalent
  • Goemon Asogi --> ohneTalent
  • Hiroto Akihito or Luke Herrington (a damaged painting) --> zbatchi
  • Surprise Portrait --> cho0ii
Thank you all for applying for the pixel art commissions!

Users who are viewing this thread