paenji

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
frogshampoo

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
pencil.#0514

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, but I prefer not to use it because I'm slightly insecure about my voice.

How old are you? (Optional):
Prefer not to say

What is your time zone?:
PST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I fully acknowledge that inactivity will result in me being demoted. If I happen to be demoted for this reason, I fully accept the outcome.

Describe your activity on the server:
I only recently joined so I don't have that much to say. Because of school, majority of my day is busy. I try to play at least an hour per day, and my online activity tends to increase on the weekends.

Do you have any previous bans?:
None

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
None

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[13] [Grade - 7]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Computer Science

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I have an interest for Computer Science in real life and would love to have the opportunity to share my passion with people online. I think that becoming a teacher would allow me to open up this field for others who may not know that much about it (and are interested). In addition to that, teaching in general sounds like a fun experience that I would like to have.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs not only track whether or not a class was held, but also includes a description of what happened in that class from what was taught to the behavior of students. This allows students to look back and see what was taught in that class, teachers to get paid for the classes recorded, and others to observe the teacher's performance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Respect other students, the teacher, and yourself; No drugs; No swearing or inappropriate behavior; No phones unless teacher permits; No cheating; No bullying or physical harm to anyone or yourself; Raise your hand to speak and don't speak over other students

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have roleplayed on other platforms, but as I mentioned before, I haven't been on this server for too long and I have never had any experience in roleplaying as a teacher. However, I am confident that I can do well.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description:
The HD is the teacher who has the most experience in the department that they are in. Because of this, they are able to guide newer teachers as well as determine the syllabus/what is taught in the department. They also give permission to host classes to certain teachers.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
They do not need permission to host their classes. They are the most qualified teacher under the HDs, meaning they were properly trained and have been teaching for a good amount of time.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
They have completed training but lack a certain amount of experience in the field because they haven't been teaching for long. They need permission from the HD to host a class.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
They have yet to undergo training and out of all the 'teachers' have the least experience. They are not allowed to host classes until they have been fully trained, but they are allowed to shadow classes with the permission the teacher hosting.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

In-game teachers serve the purpose of entertaining the players, because it's not a real school, lessons can be both fun and interesting. Every month, in-game teachers earn ¥350,000 for completing 10 classes. If a teacher completes 5 extra classes within that month, they can earn a bonus amount of ¥50,000. The maximum amount of classes that can be taught in one day is 4.

Teachers teach in a way that interests the student and allows them to learn properly in a healthy, friendly, and safe environment. A good teacher is one who is able to expand their student's minds and creative side, promote healthy habits, create a loving environment, and most importantly, guide their students on the path to a full understanding of the subject that is taught. In this roleplay, teachers strive to support the student's roleplaying with lessons that are fun and interesting, as well as educational.

During their spare time, teachers may engage in social interactions with friends, colleagues, family, and more. They also may continue to pursue their interests in various fields. While their career in teaching is taking care of students, it is also important for them to take care of themselves.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are very important to a SchoolRP server because a school cannot function properly with only students. The definition of school is "an institution for educating children," and teachers are the educators that must be present both in real life and on an online server.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCo

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Paenji Lin is a relatively short, pale, and thin woman. She is a legal adult but is often mistaking for a minor due to her young appearance. She was born with black hair and wears gray colored contacts. Paenji is Taiwanese.

Her favorite color is a light grayish-blue, which is part of the reason why she wears the color contacts that she does. She doesn't talk much, only the bear minimum, unless the conversation is about one of her major interests. In that case, you can't get her to stop talking.

When she is teaching students, she feels like the relationship between her and them is less of a teacher to student, and more of an older sister to younger siblings type of caring for. This is mainly because she has a number of younger siblings that she cares for deeply. When she was in high school she was a computer science geek and gets along very well with the nerds in class because she understands them.

She isn't too sure what she wants to do in the future. At the current moment, she is interested in teaching computer science, but because of her simple lifestyle, she has been considering settling down and living a more comfortable and free style life.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Paenji wouldn't show any reaction, but would walk up to them confidently and ask them to stop in a normal voice. If she spots the delinquents again, she would approach them in the same manner, this time giving them a warning and possibly a detention (depending on the severity), telling them that the next time they are caught doing so she would have to notify the principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
At first, she would raise her voice to grab attention. If this fails, she might single out the student making the most noise, jokingly, in order to gain their attention. If nobody is listening to her then, she would continue her lesson, ignoring the fact that the class is not listening. If in the case that the class is not listening, at the end of her lesson, she would call on random students to answer questions based off of that lesson. This is a way of punishment, as she knows it is embarrassing for the student to be clueless in front of their classmates. If in the case that the attitude of the classroom is extremely severe, she may give certain students detention for disrupting the class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She would be polite and respectful to all teachers, especially those who are more experienced than her. However, she would not try to engage in conversation with anyone unless absolutely needed.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She would clear her throat and smile before asking her students how their day has been going. When they excitedly tell stories about their day, she would make sure they knew she was giving them full attention by nodding and asking questions.
/me
She would walk around the classroom with her arms crossed during independent work to see what the students were doing, occasionally answering questions. While she was satisfied by the hardworking students, she would softly chuckle when seeing some doze off before waking them up.
/me
At the beginning of each class, she would ask a preference question, such as "cats or dogs", followed by a yes or no question, such as "cats are better than dogs", in order to refresh her student's memory on boolean (a computer science term). Hopefully her questions would spark meaning conversations between students.
/me
Sunshine would leak through the windows, and she would lean back in her chair, watching her students concentrate on the test she just handed out, with a contempt smile.

Backstory

Paenji's parents are both Taiwanese, making her also 100% Taiwanese. Her parents met in Korea when they were both study abroad there. Her parents moved back to Taiwan before she was born. However, she was named one of her parents' close mutual friends who died of a heart disease at the age of 22, which is why she has a Korean name. She was fluent in Chinese and learned a small amount of Japanese as a school elective. When she was fourteen, her father found a job in the States, so her family moved to Los Angeles. By this time, she had three younger siblings. She quickly picked up English and found her interest in computer science after being dragged along by some classmates to a computer science workshop. She graduated high school one year early and went to study abroad in England. When she was nineteen, her mother gave birth to twins and died from childbirth, along with one of the twins. She took a gap year and moved back to Los Angeles in order to support her family and help raise her youngest brother, who was just a baby. After Paenji's family recovered enough, instead of returning to England, she went abroad to Japan. By this time, her Chinese had gotten a little bit rusty, but was not completely forgotten. While she was attending school in Japan, she helped design apps in order to make them more user friendly. In order to earn money, she worked the night shift at the local convenience store, tutored high schoolers, and was a babysitter for a set of triplets. She remained in Japan after graduating, working from home and coding games in which she earned little profit. She was qualified to teach, so by the age of 25 she became a teacher's aid at a small prestigious private school. Now 27, she is looking for a more stable job as a teacher. She heard from a colleague that the high school in Karakura was lacking a proper computer science program. She moved to Karakura and is hoping to find a job there as a teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Paenji Lin
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Paenji
Preferred Name:
Paenji

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Christian