Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Yes, haser647#0690

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

CST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I understand that if I'm inactive I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server:

During the week I am usually on for 2 to 5 hours after work and on the weekends 5 to 10 hours a day.

Do you have any previous bans?:

I haven’t been banned or kicked.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/teacher-format-information-more.34359/ (Accepted)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

[18][Grade-12] Kawata "Kiwi" Atsuko [Main]
[14][Grade-8] Kenta Atsuko [Alt]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying for IT.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Personally I love helping out new players by teaching them commands on the server and showing them around the city. Through being a teacher I could meet more new players and help them out in those ways. Something I find is new players don't know where to start roleplaying and since teachers are the center of roleplay on a server like this. They have one of the most important jobs because for all the new players the classes are the first major roleplay experience they will probably encounter. I would like to make that first class for those players exciting and educational so they keep coming back.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I do understand that I will undergo training. I am ready to do my training again so I can get back to teaching on the server.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs keep track of how many classes a teacher hosts in a month. They are incredibly important to make sure teachers are hosting classes and staying active. As well as figuring out how much a teacher gets paid since they get bonuses for going above and beyond and hosting classes more than what is expected of them.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

- Do not be disrespectful in any way including teasing/bullying/harassment

- No cursing

- No phones out unless instructed otherwise

- No fighting or illegal activities like drugs or alcohol

- No vandalism

- Have fun and learn something new everyday!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

My experience in roleplay began in 2015 when I played on Massivecraft which is known for its medieval fantasy roleplay and contributed a lot of time into it for two or three years I took a break for a couple years playing other games and roleplaying on other games such as GTA 5 where I played on Fivem most of the time. I found this server back in September of 2021 and playing on this server I fell in love with this community and the server’s atmosphere in general.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of department
↳ Description: This would be the highest position in the department. The department would all look up to them for support and help.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They are fully trained teachers who can take care a majority of situations in the school halls and in their classrooms.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: They are allowed to start hosting classes by themselves and have finished all their training. They may still need some help once in a while but have gotten the basics down.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A fresh teacher who are untrained and can not host a class until they have been fully trained. This is the starting rank.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

In-game and Out-of-game teachers are responsible for teaching students and educating them on a specific subject that they teach. Subjects such as math, english, science, health, etc. Teachers help motivate their students to succeed on an academic level and in life. Teachers' salary is ¥350,000 for 10 classes a month. They can earn bonuses three times each month if they complete 5 extra classes, they get an extra ¥50,000.

Every teacher has a different way to teach their classes. Some are more hands on constantly interacting with their classes while some rely more on lectures and note taking. There are so many ways people teach that it's nearly impossible to get down to every detail. Personally my favorite teachers are ones who are laid back but still like to do activities with their students and keep a constant conversation flowing. Just like everyone else, teachers have their own personal lives outside of school, hanging out with their families and friends. They have to organize their spare time well because outside of school they still have to grade homework and plan out lessons. Teachers put in so much extra work to make their classes entertaining and educational.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are super important to SchoolRP. As I stated earlier teacher’s are the center of roleplay during school hours. They help students be entertained and help move roleplay smoothly along in classes. They also hold the important responsibility of enforcing the school rules on school grounds and keeping everyone safe.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MoSCoW method - Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Kenta Atsuko is a dedicated teacher who loves to help his students, not only that but bring enjoyment to the class as well. He has longer straight blonde hair and stands at a solid 6’2”. He has bluish hazel eyes that tend to be hard to see due to the fact that he barely sleeps and always has a tired expression on his face. Despite the lack of sleep, in class he tries his best to be upbeat. He loves to get to know each of his students and tries to customize his lessons to best suit them. He doesn’t always know how to balance his work and personal life. He spends most of his time outside of work still working, planning lessons and grading which tends to get in the way of quality time with friends and family. When he does have free time he enjoys reading and video gaming.

Kenta’s outlook on students is that they are at school ready to learn so he believes they deserve respect. Since he respects them so much he has made it his daily goal to give them a great education and some entertainment to keep them interested in the class. He likes to consult other teachers on his lessons to get their opinion on them. He tends to look up to his fellow teachers and tries to learn as much as possible from them. Even if it’s a new teacher he believes everyone has their story and he gets excited to learn it. He can sometimes look at people as if they are books with their stories and he is always down for a good book.

He leans towards being more introverted but as he aged he has learned how to get out there when needed and talk to people. He has even learned how to get excited about talking to people if he has the energy. As of right now he is looking forward to teaching at a new school and reconnecting with his daughter.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Kenta would approach the group with a calm but strict voice “I would like to not hear anymore of this profanity in the school and if you could get on your way, thank you.” Then walk away. He would then circle back in a couple minutes to make sure they have moved on. If they haven’t and were still talking the same way he would remind them again while also telling them if he hears them cursing again he will have to give them detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

If no one in his class is listening he would let out one really loud clap to get their attention. If this didn’t work he would quietly walk over to the light switch and turn off the lights and calmly yell “Attention”, afterwards he would turn the lights back on continuing the class. If there were a couple of students still talking and not paying attention he would take them out of the class and give them detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

If he was in there alone he would quietly sit down and take out a book and start reading or take a quick power nap depending on if he slept the night before. If there were people in there when he walked in he would approach them and politely ask if he may sit with them and join their conversation.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would quietly walk to the back of the room and make his way from the back to the front. He takes a second to look at everyone's computer to check they are making progress on their assignment, and to make sure no one is gaming and trying to hide it.

/me turns on the projector at the front of the classroom, which displays a slideshow that is labeled HTML. He would then walk up and start asking the students if they know what HTML stands for and what it is used for in most cases.

/me stands at the front of the room and grabs the chalk. Starts writing on the board what the class will be about today. After a few seconds he would have written “Speed Typing”. He would have also written “Who will be the fastest?”.

/me asks the students if they have any questions and patiently waits for someone to raise their hand. After waiting a few seconds and if no one raised their hand he would reassure the class not to be afraid to ask questions. He would also let them know if someone felt uncomfortable asking in class to come back after class and ask their question.

Backstory

He grew up in the United States with his parents who were usually too busy to spend time with him. So he made friends with his books and learned to stay to himself. Once he was in school he found it hard to make friends but the teachers would always applaud his studious behavior. Making him grow fond of his teachers and looking up to them as surrogate parents. As he grew up he gained more friends and learned how to be more outgoing. In the meanwhile his parents were going through tough times and ended up moving, taking him to Japan where his mother grew up.

Once he got near the end of high school he had known for a while that he wanted to go to college to be a teacher. The only thing he wasn’t sure about is what he wanted to teach. He knew he enjoyed books so maybe literature. However he wasn’t very good at the other things that came along with literature like writing and grammar. One thing he had an interest in while in school was computers but he never really had one at home. So while he was in college he took some computer science classes and had a real knack for it. He then decided that was what he was going to teach. He went fully into it and learned everything he could about computers and the coding languages. After graduating college he was an assistant teacher for a little while and ended up marrying one of his close friends and having a baby girl who he named Wisteria. During which he also fathered another girl named Kawata with another woman which he kept secret. He lived in Japan for several years after this and during this time his wife died so he ended up marrying the mother of Kawata. He then ended up getting a job offer from a school in America and decided to take it. He left both his daughter in Japan with close family friends to continue her education in the school she grew up in.

While in America he learned that his daughter Kawata had run away to live on her own. At this point he no longer had contact with her so he ended up quitting his job to move back to find his daughter Kawata and this caused him and his wife to get a divorce because she wanted to stay there. So he moved back to Japan and applied for the school she was going to and the school he used to go to. He ended up getting hired on and reconnected with his daughter Wisteria and his illegitimate daughter Kawata who had run away. After awhile he ended up leaving the school to deal with the passing of his ex-wife and any property that his ex-wife and him still owned together. After making his way back to Japan he lived on the streets for a bit while trying to get his job back.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Kenta Atsuko
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Given Name(s): Kenta
Preferred Name: Kenta

Age (Minimum is 27): 39 years old
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Divorced

Nationality: American
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
11 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
Year of Graduation: 2005
Major(s): Computer and Information Sciences
Minors: Mathematics, Literature

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

No

Extra

Thank you for viewing and reviewing my application!

Additional notes about your application: Can’t wait to hear your response!
Do you have any questions?: N/A​

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread