mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Confirmation Messages System

mactatti

Level 13
What's your Minecraft Username?: Mactatti
What's the title of your suggestion?: Confirmation Messages System

What's your suggestion?:
The idea of confirmation messages! What are they exactly?
There are for characters that either went to the hospital and went through recovery or, they went to jail. How this will work is after you were jailed or went into recovery you would get a message in chat from whever you came from (KPD/Hospitol) an example of a message could be.

[Hospitol] You have been sent to recovery! You can not play this character for 4 days at this time please change characters or make a new one. If you do not action will be taken.

[Karakura Police Deparment ] You have been sent to Jail! You can not play this charector for 3 ooc months! Please at this time change characters if you do not action will be taken.

Some additional features you could add is /update to see the status on when your charector could be released as we do not have a countdown of any sort.

Disclamier. I know this is really not needed! It’s just a prevent from people that got into a fight or just want to disobey the rules.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
How this will benefit the community is that it will generally serve a reminder to anyone with bad memory. It could also become a better system for going to jail/recovery and more.

Miamorchito

Level 18
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1
There are already messages displaying information so...

Plus there are some that are straight up annoying / unnecessary. This one serves a valid purpose

windswake

Level 24
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
This sort of system exists within [LOOC]. As a member of EMS, I know for a fact that we tell people how long they can't play on a character, and to switch characters after their treatment is finished in [LOOC]. Often, we have to tell people multiple times. I'm assuming it's the same with KPD. If people choose to not listen, that's an issue that gets taken up with staff, and they're usually very effective at dealing with it.

If you forget your recovery time (for EMS), there's a public spreadsheet that you can access in one of the information channels in the emergency discord server. This tells you how long is left of your recovery. To find your character, you can literally do Ctrl+F and search the name or your IGN, either works. For KPD, catch someone at the front desk and ask how long is left. To avoid forgetting though, if you know it might be an issue and you're wanting to play that character ASAP after they're released from recovery/jail, just make a note of it in a Google Doc or notepad, or even a scrap of paper that you keep on your desk.

Ultimately, something like this might help a few players, but like Zinth said, it's not needed. If you listen in [LOOC] or just make a physical note of how long you can't play a specific character, things will be fiiine and dandy.

Classicalist

Level 86
-1 for KPD i can somewhat see this being a thing, However for EMS no. Our recovery is not a command unlike KPD jailing. We have to log it all oocly on a spreadsheet like ghosted said which is public. KPD also have to log it too, Only difference is they have a command that sends you to the cells. Overall -1

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

Not worth making. Literally. We tell you this anyway there's no need to get a notification. And with KPD I'm not sure how this would work, since we have to manually add your sentence, so if you have a bigger sentence I'm guessing you would end up being spammed with the message as the months increase.

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
If your character gets injured to a certain degree the EMS member that treats you usually informs you in OOC how long you’re in recovery and an opportunity to recoveryrp with that character until they’re release.

If you get arrested the arresting officer should inform you in OOC how long your character is in jail for. If they don’t inform you go up to the KPD desk and ask them in OOC of how long that character is in jail and/or what their bail is.

Even though these messages could come in handy for newer players it really isn’t necessary when you are either informed or you ask about it in OOC.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- This is typically done through roleplay or LOOC, there's not much point in automating it​

Users who are viewing this thread