mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

"Copy of Copy" Written books should NOT be able to be Copied on a Printer. ("Copy of Original" Should still be though)

Sofetios

Level 1
IGN: Sofetios

DATE: 9/13/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Please make it so Written books that are "Copy of Copy" in its item description are NOT copyable on a printer or the thing used to copy books. Currently a "Copy of Copy" Written book makes another "Copy of Copy" Written book. If the Author of a book wants others to copy their work, they can just stop at "Copy of Original" and give that to the person. Currently how it works is when you sign a book, it becomes an "Original" In it's item description when you hover over it. When you copy this on a printer, it becomes a "Copy of Original", if you copy that, it becomes "Copy of Copy", and if you copy that, it becomes another "Copy of Copy". Basically, "Copy of Copy" Written books should not be able to be copied. If the Author wants the other person to be able to make copys, they can just give a "Copy of Original".

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Say someone wants to write an epic story. They put a ton of work into it and write a 50 minecraft book page epic. Currently there is nothing stopping Shady Jim from just buying one copy and selling copys of the Authors hard work himself for profit without permission. I Very strongly believe this should not be allowed. Please for all the creative content possible, authors, and hard working writers out there, make "Copy of Copy" written books uncopyable.

Also I realize some documents may already be copy of copys that need to be copied for school/staff etc. I propose that either staff/school staff/etc be exempt from this, or that staff/school staff/etc have access to the /book command to make them originals again.

((NOTE: As with the suggestion of the /book command separate from this one, if it is implemented, it should work ONLY if the command is usable SPACIFICALLY ONLY by the original author OR Teachers/Mods. Don't want people copying others hard work. ))

[IMAGES IF ANY]

2023-09-13_16.20.20.png

2023-09-13_16.20.44.png

2023-09-13_16.21.09.png

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This isn't necessary. Most people who read books on SRP go through the library rather than buying them from random people on the street; even if they did buy them from random players, the original author is still credited in the book, so it isn't as though they would lose out on any recognition.

Aside from that, implementing this restriction would do more harm than good anyway; any player who needs to make copies of various books (such as teachers, faculty, council, etc) might not have access to the original book, and if we weren't able to make copies of copies, it would be incredibly tedious to stock various documents (such as the detention tasks chests, which are all copies of copies).

Sofetios

Level 1
I understand your point. I still do feel there is a large chunk of possibility missed out on without it implemented. Bookstores for example or if a player were to want to sell their work. Maybe an exception could be made for teachers, council, staff, etc? That would solve the detention tasks chest and other things like that problem.

Also the recognition isn't what I was talking about. It was the reward for the work. I added this part to the main post.

"Also I realize some documents may already be copy of copys that need to be copied for school/staff etc. I propose that either staff/school staff/etc be exempt from this, or that staff/school staff/etc have access to the /book command to make them originals again."

Last edited:

DarkEclipic

Level 162
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I personally do not think this is needed, even IF /book was still working, only person who can open the book would be the person who locked the book in the first place.

Sofetios

Level 1
Alright, I get it now. so the point was that no one does sell books so it doesnt matter. got it. Im sorry i am new to the server and thought it would be a good opportunity for interesting content + a way to make money. Personally I feel there is still merit to the idea and IF people did sell books and people bought them, then it would be definetly needed, but if no one would use it anyway I see no need to go further. I see your points, I just hope you see mine. Also I was under the impression that /book worked regardless of author, im sorry for the confusion.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
thought it would be a good opportunity for interesting content + a way to make money. Personally I feel there is still merit to the idea and IF people did sell books and people bought them
I agree, for a community that deals with literature it would make sense for there to be more of a culture around writing and reading in-game, though most people prefer the interaction aspect of roleplay rather than the literary one. The only way (that I'm aware of) to officially get your books out there is to donate them to the school library, though you'd only be paid in reward tokens (which are mostly useless as of right now).

I think a bookstore, while somewhat niche, would be a cool addition to Karakura. It would likely get less traffic than most areas, but it could also be a decent way for players to make a small passive income, assuming their books are well-received. Though, that's an idea for another thread.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread