players online

council application [HS]

bpnny

Level 20
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft username?:

bennygrande

Any previous warns/kicks/bans?:

I have been banned once for doxxing, I have 100% learnt from this mistake and it will not happen again as I am better than that ban. BAN APPEAL LINK: https://schoolrp.net/threads/bennygrandes-ban-appeal-and-apology.29371/. I do have a few warns, but nothing recent.

What is your timezone in GMT?:

BST/GMT, I currently live in Central UK.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?:

Yes, I do have discord. My discord is benny#6666!

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/bennygrandes-ban-appeal-and-apology.29371/ - ban appeal

(Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/bennys-guidance-counselor-application.24221/ - counselor application

(Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/geography-teacher-application.19924/ - geography teacher application

(Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/dutch-application-bpnny.19241/ - dutch application

(Accepted)

http://schoolrp.net/index.php?posts/79670/ - french application

(Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application.26966/ - spanish application

(Accepted)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/office-secretary-application.23312/ - office secretary application

(Denied)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/teaching-assistant-application.22493/ - teaching assistant application

(Denied)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/bennys-event-team-application.23828/ - event team application

(Denied)

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:

I am fairly active on the SRP Server and the SRP Forums, I am mostly active on the server though. I usually visit the SRP forums to apply for a certain thing such as school employee, or applying for councillor like I am right now. I log onto the SRP Server for around 5 hours or more a day, depending on the time and date. I will make sure to tell you if this is to change. I do not go on holiday often so that will not be much of an issue. I mainly focus on SeriousRP and working in a team environment.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?:

The purpose of student council is to give students a sense of leadership skills. Student Councillors are able to supervise around the school and put rules in place to make sure that everything runs smoothly. Student Council also get together every so often and hold a meeting to go other certain things in the school environment such as student behaviour etcetera, they may also need to report to the principal or a higher-up member of staff if they believe there is an issue that is above their power to have to deal with. They are usually volunteers with the objective to make the KHS a better place for everyone.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):

Myself, I wanted to experience something different on SchoolRP as I have experienced AdultRP, TeamRP, TeacherRP and many more.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:

The school council of Karakura’s job is to make sure that everything runs smoothly in the Karakura School environment. They are to deal with any issues that people may be having ICly or OOCly, and we tend to stay quite professional ICly and OOCly. The school council also gets a say in what happens in the school grounds and what events may be held there in the future. They are usually required to socialize with students in order to make sure everything is running smoothly. They may also deal with situations going on in school grounds, such as if a fight broke out or if someone is calling someone a name.

How would you describe your work ethic?:

I am very work ethical, I once was a Geography Teacher back in 2019, I was a Counselor in early 2020 and Office Secretary in Middle 2020. I really enjoy working in a large group and variety of people as it helps me strive in the things that I do best, I am ambitious and will always stay true to myself and improve how I work if it is required.

What interests you the most about the student council?:

What interests me so much about the student council is how much professionalism they hold. Even though most of them are teenagers outside of SRP, they still all tend to hold a reasonable level of professionalism while working as a Councillor on SchoolRP. Another thing that interests me is that they always stay positive and work well together as a team, they always stay true to who they are and love helping others on the school grounds.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?:

I have been playing SRP for about 3 years now and before that I used to Roleplay on Hypixel and other platforms on the internet, such as ROBLOX or wattpad, I started off roleplaying with no seriousness at all or the want to play SRP regularly, I only usually played it every 2 days or so, just in my spare time. In 2019 was when I really started getting interested in the SRP platform and how everything works, I was mesmerised with the complicated builds and techniques they have used and it was very admirable. In November 2019 I got the job as Geography Teacher and I really enjoyed planning lessons and teaching them to the students. In December 2019 I decided to take a break from SRP and focus on my school work as I was falling behind a little bit. In March 2020, as Lockdown came in I began playing SchoolRP again regularly and I became addicted, I missed the game so much and I began playing regularly for around 7 hours or more a day, while also doing school-work online. A while after that I got the job as counselor in the high school and began giving therapy to students who were in need! I was also the one who requested this role.

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and they should be allowed to submit that idea if they feel it is appropriate and should be introduced. I would ask them questions about their idea to see if it really is suitable to be introduced, and if I do not think that it is then I will give them my feedback and tell them how and why I do not think their idea is good, I will do this in a calm way, in order to not bash their idea. I would also ask them to talk to other members of the Student Council to see how the others would think of it.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:

If everyone hated my idea, I would begin to explain further as to why I think my idea is a good one, if they still believe that it is not a good idea then I will take their constructive criticism and apply it to my work. But if it were me, I would never submit a bad idea in the first place, but if it did come to this then I would take their criticism. If the debate turns into an argument I would try and attempt to calm them down, in a soft and professional approach, not wanting to rub anyone the wrong way. I would then ask the others to take a vote, whether the idea should be accepted or not, getting everyones opinion on my idea.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:

I would handle the situation by telling my fellow councillors that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that if you do not agree with what their idea is then instead of arguing, you should give them some constructive criticism as to how it could be improved. I suggest that they take a vote on if they think the idea is good or not. When the debate turns into an argument I would ask them all to remain professional and be friendly to one another, everyone should have an opinion on what is going on in the student debate.

A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?:

Firstly, I would tell them what they are doing wrong, and that they should not be doing this and explain to them that they should not be abusing their power or it will be taken away from them. If they continue then I would gather functional evidence to use if I were to report them towards the Student Council VP or President, which I would of course. If the President was available online at the time of occurrence, I would go get them and tell them to come with me in order to show that this Councillor is not doing their job properly, but if not then I would have to DM them via Discord.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:

First of all, I believe that everything someone says has a reason behind it, so I would ask the council president to give me a reasoning behind what they say. If I still do not agree with this saying I would go to other council members and ask them if they share the same views as me, I would then take this criticism and give it to the president in order for them to improve what they have said further, in order to make it better or more understandable. If people agree with what the president is saying then I will personally go to the president and ask some questions about what they have said, and then this will further my opinion on it. If I still disagree then I would say this to them, as everyone’s opinion matters and it should not be taken in a rude way.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:

I would talk to both of the councillors to see why they are having this overlapping tension towards each other, if there is a valid reason as to why and it may be damaging their work ethic then I may tell the Council President, if it is just a bit of a misunderstanding, I will intervene and tell them to try and understand each others views and not everyone will share the same view as opinions differentiate from person to person.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:

Emilia Baez

Character Gender:

Female

Character Age:

15 years old.

Character phone-number:

881-219-094

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:

Emilia acts very polite and friendly. She enjoys helping out others and working in a team. She often helps out her family and others around the school. She enjoys learning in class and talking to others about their opinions and will always listen to them. She enjoys saying what is on her mind and telling others, she is an extrovert in ways and loves taking pride in her work ethics.

Character appearance/attire:

Emilia is a very petite, slim female. She stands at the height of 5’1 and smells of coconut. She is usually seen wearing a red shirt and black skirt.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

What separates me from other applicants is that I thrive in many things such as friendliness, determination and resilience, I will never give up even when things are said to get hard. I will always show my 100% interest towards everything and anything you throw my way. My purpose to apply for the School Councillor position is solely the same as any other applicant, I would like to help and improve the school environment to make it a safer and friendlier environment!

Why do you want this position?:

I would like this position because whereas most of my family are apart of the basketball environment, I would love to go in a different direction and be a Councillor for the high school! I really enjoy helping others and I think this is right up my alley. I really enjoy taking part in debates and showing my opinion towards certain things, I will always be truthful and help out. Councilling is something I have always been interested in as I enjoy setting rules and idea-making.

What interests you the most about student council?:

What interests me most about the student council is that they are always there to help you and set down the rules whenever it is needed and are never afraid to speak their mind if needed. Their work ethic is out of this world to say that the age range for the student council body is 15-18 and 19-20 for the college, they hold a very good amount of professionalism.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

I will give my 100% effort towards the school and I will not always be so strict towards everybody. If there is an issue I will make sure to understand what has happened FULLY before taking sides and making assumptions. If the rules are being broken then I will have to remind them of the rules, such as if someone is being rude towards a member of staff or council. Everyone has their own different ways of acting and I do understand that. I sha’ll offer people professionalism and friendliness and I will never let that slip.

Thank you for reading my Council Application! Have a good day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread