mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Councillor Application

Valentines

Level 1
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft username?: Valentimes
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?: I have a fairly clean record with no bans, no kicks and no active warnings.
What is your timezone in GMT?: My timezone is BST.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?: vegas#9918
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?: A previous application for Russian which was accepted, though unable to find link due to it being on an old forum account.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: My activity on the server can vary admittedly, however for the most part as long as I have something to DO (the council position being a good example of this) then I am easily able to put MANY hours into the server as a whole. I believe the council in addition to my character will create an excellent scope for me in which I’ll be able to enjoy a lot. Which of course includes being extremely active within not only the server, but even the council itself.
As for the forums, again- it does vary. I won’t lie and say I’m extremely active on the forums, because I’m not- however I am on there sometimes when reading through people’s biographies or what-not.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?: The student council is an organisation within the school kept up by the two presidents, Tat and Nikko Soomin. For the most part it is completely student-run and more than never includes a member of the school faculty. They can voice their opinions and thoughts to faculty much easier this way- by doing so in a whole group. The council is often in charge of important events within the school and it’s important for a council member to be poised, proper and most importantly active according to the schedule.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc): My friend who is also on the current council roster suggested that my character would fit in very well with the typical council-esc stereotype, which I must say I agree with.

What does the school council of Karakura do?: The aim of the group is to combat bad behaviour within the school and to ensure everybody within the school is able to have a safe and fun learning environment. In addition to this, the council brainstorms ideas of what they can do to improve the overall quality of the students health and learning abilities the best they can! I’m also aware of frequent meetings which are held both ICLY and OOCLY which is fantastic.

How would you describe your work ethic?: As I’ve mentioned previously, when I have something to do- an actual interest on SchoolRP I can spend a lot of time on there, perhaps even a worrying amount at times. My work ethic in general is good too, I make sure to get things finished and to the highest quality I can produce- I like to do the best at everything I do, as cliche as it sounds.

What interests you the most about the student council?: The council as a whole interests me immensely, however if I was going to have to pick just a single thing- it would probably be the excellent communication skills between the group as a whole. It seems to be from the outside that it appears to be a really nice group of people that can not only communicate to each other as friends but also as peer individuals in a learning environment. The second thing that interests me just as much is probably the events held by the council in general. I think it’d be extremely enjoyable to help out at some of these events and I’m more than happy to do so!

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?: I have had quite a lot of roleplay experience- most of which from Roleplay Hub. I joined a little more than a year ago, and so obviously I’ve had quite a lot of time and experience to develop my ‘skills’ the best I can. A good example of this was my place on the bobcat cheer team during Summer 2019- I think hopefully that’ll give a good example of how I’ve done in roleplay and just how complex my ‘style’ is.

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?: Personally I really do not believe there is a point of everyone jumping onto them and saying it’s bad, I think it’d be much more suited if everyone could raise their hand and tell them specifically they do not like the idea- better yet if they actually explain what is wrong with the idea. Perhaps then it’d be able to be changed around and could create an actual good idea with everyone’s help- that way it keeps everybody in the council happy.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?: There’s no point in my opinion to feel offended by it- I think it’s just better for me to take that on my chin and depending on severity of people’s opinions- I could either work on improving idea with the help of my fellow council members OR I could completely discard the idea and work on other projects going through the council.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?: The only way I can really suggest diffusing the argument is by looking at both sides and explaining to each party that they need to calm down for the better of the council. Naturally, I’d expect this to work- however if it was to not work I’d come prepared and make a suggestion that the council as a whole does a ‘majority’ vote type thing, therefore making everyone's opinions very clear and leaving not much more people can argue about.

A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?: I think for me there is quite an obvious divide between if things should be taken ICLY or OOCLY. If the case was completely IC, I’d probably have my character tell the president (depending if they’re from highschool or college) and let them deal with the situation while explaining it the best I can. If it was an OOC type situation- I’d probably bring it up in the council chat or just simply DM one of the presidents and again, explain what happened in as much detail as possible.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?: I do believe the council is a place where everybody should feel free to give their input- so I’d raise my hand and explain why I disagree with it and how they could improve on it. However, I’d make sure to do this in an extremely respectful manner, obviously.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?: Personally I wouldn’t want to get too involved with the situation, however if I was (like the question implies) then I think I’d go around it by speaking to both of them individually and explaining in full detail that it IS affecting them and in turn could result in their place in the council. Hopefully this would let them see other peoples perspectives and realize their position is a lot more important than a petty argument.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name: Megami Ripper

Character Gender: Female

Character Age: 18

Character phone-number: 402-664-645

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality: Megami is a very strict disciplinarian. Everyone sees her as a very mature, intelligent & responsible individual. Megami acts as if everything she says and does has been rehearsed- almost as if it has been written all in a script. Megami is a huge perfectionist and likes whenever things are in place as they should be. She makes sure she is giving her all into tasks, etc. Megami is extremely formal and tends to lack trust due to her upbringing.

Character appearance/attire: Megami has very fair skin, complimented by her slightly tinted rosy cheeks. She has long lengthy silver hair that is just about down to her thighs. She has ‘v’ shaped bangs with silver eyes and often wears a black choker with red stitching.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?: “I’d say the main thing that separates me from a lot of the other applicants is that I have such an unbearing requirement of a job to do. I have such an excellent work ethic which you’ll not come across on any other applicant- maybe not even some of the current council members. I am already advanced enough to be able to start the job with little to no help- though of course any advice would be taken with a lot of gratitude, as I’m always looking to improve on whatever I can!”

Why do you want this position?: “I’d like this position on council because I am unlike any other students you will find willing to give their absolute all to the council. I want it so I can channel all of my burning work ethic and controlling needs into this one job- in which I know I will excel at.”

What interests you the most about student council?: “To be completely honest, the most interesting thing about the council for me is being able to enforce rules. It’ll be really good and fitting for me if I’m able to ensure safety upon my peers. I can be a tad control freak sometimes, though alas that may come in handy when dealing with this job in particular. Additionally, when I have a lot of interest in something- let it be known I will spend all my days looking for ways to improve in everything surrounding it.”

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?: “I could contribute many things, including but not limited to; An active member who is never afraid to share her ideas, A valued member of the council family, A strong individual, ready to assure safety upon all of her peers with the help of the rest of the team. I could also contribute many ideas in terms of events- therefore creating an enjoyable aura for all students to enjoy! Not to mention my activity around campus to ensure catching as many people as I can disregarding the rules.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread