mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Councillor Application

fentias

Level 14
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft username?: The main account I use is fentias - however as it was previously, the account my council tag would be on is dietfentias.
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?: This is a little more of a touchy topic at the moment, considering the fact I've only just very recently been allowed back onto the server from a permanent ban which was thankfully appealed. (If you'd like to read up on what the ban was about, and the appeal for it- you can find it here; https://schoolrp.net/threads/fentias-ban-appeal.29218/) If I'm being honest, it is a shameful subject for me and I could express how apologetic I am for the situation ten times over, though I think it'd be better if I just kept it professional and informative. Note; I've been told to put this in Music's direct messages through Discord, and I will be doing so by the time this application is posted.
What is your timezone in GMT?: As we're currently in Summer time, my timezone is BST (GMT+1), though when we go into near the end of August my timezone will revert into GMT.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?: I do, my discord is vogue#0004.
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: Obviously, since I've been banned my activity has gone extremely down hill, though prior to that my activity was extremely good and will continue to be so once my ban is completed. (27th August) My activity on the forums was also fairly active, often I commented on biographies or server suggestions & also made some of my own. I played SRP for quite a lengthy part of my day, often proceeding quite late into the night. Obviously my activity has been altered due to the summer holidays starting & corona virus, thought I do not think it will alter much when school starts in early September.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?: I'm going to do my best to vary my responses compared to my previous application, however there is only so much I can do considering my opinion hasn't changed much since then. With that being said, the student council is a group of students within the fictional school of Karakura, consisting of a hierarchy (Such as, presidents, vice presidents and regular councillors) that helps to put things in place within the team. The team as a whole works to bring fun events to the school, assure all students feel safe when residing within Karakura, dealing with problems and different behavioural issues and much more.
As a whole, the council provides a safe space for all students to raise questions and issues they feel are present within the community. I suppose, as a previous member of the council I have a better understanding of what the council actually does and I feel that it's extremely relevant to mention the outstanding amount of time the council puts into meetings and events- a lot of which are heavily informative.
Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc): At the first time my motivation to join the council was primarily on my own- my friend Delilah at the time was president and a few of my other friends were also present within it as well. As previously mentioned however I was forced to leave the council during my then permanent ban recently, however my motivations this time around are quite simply due to how much I enjoyed the presence and sense of work that the council gave me, for example I felt like I was able to actually do something useful with my roleplay rather than just aimlessly walking around and roleplaying occasionally with the same circle. It also gave me a chance to create an all new character extremely different from all of my past ones and I'm so grateful for what the council provided me with- therefore I'm hoping this application will allow me to make my way back onto the team.
What does the school council of Karakura do?: I touched on this a little on the first question of this category, but I suppose I'll take this to go into more detail with it. The school council does many things, for starters. It's a little hard to break down because I know from experience the council team does a lot more than what meets the eye. If I'm going to break it down the first thing that needs to be touched on is dealing with behaviour around campus and of students in general, often helping the faculty with this or in some cases taking it over completely. In my opinion this is one of the most prominent things that occurs within the team, often opening up different projects to try and tackle this growing problem.
Another thing the school council does is events. The council is obviously not responsible for every event exclusively, however they are a big part in making some of the biggest events to date & it continues to be that way. These events are planned very carefully with a lot of members of the council pitching in ideas to let the event come to its full potential.
How would you describe your work ethic?: My work ethic can vary, to a certain degree. It's not that I completely lose all motivation to work within the council because I can assure I will, without a doubt, attend every single meeting that I am able to - no matter wether IC or OOC. I mostly just have off-days where I don't feel like playing. That being said- for the most part I am extremely excited and motivated to work with the council on all types of things and am eager to attend meetings and other organised gatherings. In fact, that is one of the main reasons I wanted to join the council again is because it keeps me busy and gives me something to do in my spare time.
What interests you the most about the student council?: Although it may sound peculiar, the thing that interests me the most about being on the council is the meetings. I find the meetings not only fun but extremely educational and informative no matter if its IC or OOC. I like to plan things and help people plan things while pitching in ideas with everybody else. Truth be told, I'd consider myself more eager to work alongside the event side of the council rather than behavioural management, though of course I am fully aware both are needed to be present within a singular member and subsequently I am more than ready to do so.
Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarise your experience)?: I first started seriously roleplaying on SchoolRP in late December 2019, where the cheerleader aspect quite quickly caught my attention and thus I chose to pursue it. This continued on until around July until I was banned, though somewhere in the middle of that time frame (I believe March?) I decided that I wanted to try something different with my roleplay so that I could experiment with not only characters but techniques as well. Quickly I decided to apply for the student council and managed to be accepted about a week later and stayed put on the team until July too. During my ban time, I did take up to playing FantasyRP quite a bit more than I had previously, therefore further expanding my roleplay by being able to learn from different styles, scenarios and time frames. Aside from those main factors, I've always roleplayed with a variety of different ages with multiple different characters. I can assure you if you want somebody who can write detailed actions but can simultaneously get the job done, that person is me.

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?: No matter how 'awful' the idea submitted is, I highly doubt there is need for them to be ridiculed or insulted for it, instead I think the student council should explain what is wrong with the idea and proceed to explain what they need to do to think about greater ideas next time. For me personally, I would tell this member that their idea isn't the greatest as a standalone and that it needs work. I'd try to help them brainstorm on how to improve their idea in an attempt to not waste a potential good idea with bad execution. In the ideal world this would work and the person can move forward with their newly improved idea however if none of the improvements were able to work and/or it was simply not saveable then I'd let them down gently and try to teach them on how to improve with their ideas or anything of the sort in future times.
You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?: I don't think this one requires much of an explanation to be honest, to me it seems almost entirely simple. To be on the council you are needed to be able to accept and build on constructive criticism given to you by the rest of your peers, and so that's exactly what I'd do. Just as the last question states, I'd hope I'd be given some improvements and constructive critiques on this idea, but if not it really is no big deal to me and I can simply move on.
There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?: For starters, I would try my best to tell everyone to calm down as calm and as cooly as possible- not wanting to accidentally engage myself with the argument. Hopefully this would work and the situation would diffuse however if that was not the case and the situation in fact escalated- I think the only suitable solution would be to firmly make the members in question pick between doing the 'idea' or not. This way it would hopefully fizzle and people would become more clear on their opinions, having it come down to a 'majority vote'.
A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?: This one seems quite obvious to me, thought there is a drastic issue that causes the situation to be a little bit confusing for me, that being how the hierarchy works within council. What I mean by this is that I would quite obviously go up to them either IC or OOCly depending on the situation of course, and I'd attempt to get them to stop- explaining simply what they did and how it was wrong, even how they'd be able to improve it if a similar situation were to occur once again. Though, there's only so much I am able to do so if the situation is so severe I feel the need to alert a vice president or president, I will do so and let them deal with the situation at hand after explaining to them what they did. I'd make sure to take screenshots of everything too, I believe gathering proof is key to doing your job as a councillor and if you fail to do so you're simply careless.
The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?: Once again, I believe to be on council you are needed to be able to form your own voice with your own opinion. No matter who the person is, if they say something that I simply cannot agree with I will raise my hand to speak and then explain to them and everybody else why I disagree. Obviously a key point to this is finding a balance between honesty, support and criticism, so I'd make sure to go about it respectfully, nonetheless.
There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?: To be truthful, I'd try to deal with it myself by going to both of the councillors in private and having them explain their side of what happened and why the tension is there/what is stemmed from. Then I'd try to match it together and see if it really is drama or if it is simply an unnecessary and pathetic playground 'beef' - if it happens to be real drama then depending on the situation I'd either try to sort it myself or go to one of the higher ups of the council and explain to them the situation and why it needs to be dealt with immediately, in this case that being it's starting to take a toll on each of their work ethics.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name: Rhys Hasteul
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 19
Character phone-number: Currently I am unable to retrieve the phone number of this character, though I'll be able to provide it when I am allowed access onto the server once more.
Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality: Rhys is reserved at first, not one to insert himself into altercations that are occurring around him, he often cowers away from drama and prefers to inject all his energy into helping people with a variety of different ideas or schemes. Despite this, if Rhys is to come across a situation where it's clear a person is being victimised, his gut instinct is too strong and raw to be able to simply let him pass, hence making him a good fit for the council - he will instead, position himself in the situation to assure it does not continue. As stated previously in this application, although he can do both - Rhys is without a doubt more of an idea brainstorming councillor, rather than a confrontational one.
Character appearance/attire: There's nothing too special about his appearance. He's attractive but not really in a playboy way, but more so a way that a lot of people can just find him 'cute'. His casual outfit is a pair of plaid green pants and a knitted V-neck sweater - a little too oversized, mind. Aside from that he wears a pair of simple white sneakers and occasionally wears glasses with any of his outfits. Moving along from that, he will also be seen wearing a school uniform or a council uniform, that's pretty much about it.
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?: "One thing that separates me from other applications applying for one of the slim positions of college council is an overbearing amount of positivity and zest for completing projects and completing everything I do to it's maximum ability. I'm not really one to slack, and I will pretty much always take any opportunity that is handed to me. I can assure you, you will not find another applicant who has this much passion for simply being given a spot."
Why do you want this position?: "I'd like a chance to be given this position once again because I felt like I really missed it during my time away- I wouldn't say I took it for granted but I did have a realisation that I feel a strong connection towards it. To put it simply, I actually enjoy helping the council with different ideas and attending meetings and I will always be more than motivated to do such. I am absolutely able to take constructive criticism and form my own opinion about peoples ideas and/or the future within council. I want this position because it feels like it was designed for me as a person, it's everything I love to do and I'm so hopeful that I'll be able to channel that into something useful and progressive."
What interests you the most about student council?: "For me, the number one thing that interests me about the student council is the ability to take some form of control within what goes on at school, thus hopefully being able to let mine and my peers voices heard by the school faculty. And when it pays off I can only imagine the immense amount of joy I'll feel, how proud I will be of not only myself but the entire council team. It feels cool to me, as if.. as if we're making actual change and being the change we want to see within school."
What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?: "The most prominent thing I believe I will be able to bring to the council is a raw passion for pitching in ideas and wanting to help my peers within anything they'd be doing at the time. The only example I can really think of is helping a president/vice-president with the smaller details on how to have a successful event. I'm more than happy to stay after meetings or meet up out of school time to work on these ideas because of how genuinely happy it makes me seeing then completed in the flesh. As for safe, although I can come across shy at first I will stand up to bullies when I need to and I'm not one to tolerate bad behaviour either. Sure, I try to do it in the nicest way possible but if that doesn't work it's not like I'll just walk off- I'll stay put and become increasingly less nice if needs be."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread