players online

Councilor App | ThoseSmithKids (Delete)

giphy.gif
OOC SECTION
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?: ThoseSmithKids

What is your timezone?: EST

Please provide your Discord tag: angelzz_xd

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
(None available)
Describe your activity on the server:
I am online very much but sometimes I may not be online due to things going on but I will do my best to stay online as much as I can!
List your accounts and roles on this server:
Aki S. Sanbuono [Grade 12] | ThoseSmithKids

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?: Yes, I completely understand!

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is a bunch of students who work together to make a school better. They work on fundraising events and issues going on around the school. If a teacher is in need of help, a student from the student council may be able to help. Student council also shares each other's ideas, interests, concerns, questions, and more!

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):

(In character and out of character)
As Aki is a student, She firmly believes that being a part of the student council will play a big role in making our school a better place. She has always lived to lend a helping hand in hard situations, and she thinks that by joining the student council, she will be able to show her skills and make a big impact. She sees this as an excellent opportunity to prove her worth.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):

I am very sure that I will have to show my creativity! To me, coming up with events and fundraising together is an interesting way to not only help the council but also our social skills!

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

The President of the student council plays an incredibly big role in making decisions and choosing what's best. They are responsible for making decisions that impact the entire council. They must make sure that all decisions are fair and in the best interest of everyone.

The Vice-President is the second and assists the President with making decisions. They are also responsible for making decisions when the President isn't there. This role requires strong leadership skills and the ability to work with other members of the council.

The Secretary is responsible for keeping important records of council meetings, purchases, and other important things. They must ensure that all records are up-to-date and easily accessible. Additionally, they must time all meetings to make sure that they run smoothly and well. The Secretary also acts as a representative of the student council and may be required to communicate with others on behalf of the council.

The Treasurer is responsible for assisting the Secretary with purchases and coordinating fundraisers for events. They must set the budget for shopping and ensure that all purchases are within budget. The Treasurer must also work closely with other members of the council to plan and execute successful fundraising events. This role requires strong financial management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

While students gather for a school assembly, one student behaves disruptively, causing a disturbance. How would you manage the situation to restore order effectively while minimizing any additional disruptions to the assembly?

When a student is talking and disrupting an assembly, it is important to handle the situation calmly and respectfully. As a helpful and fair assistant, my recommendation would be to approach the student gently and politely and ask them to come with us to a quieter area. Once we have their attention, we can explain to them how their behavior is affecting others and disrupting the event. We can also kindly remind them that there are consequences for their actions. Then, we can ask them to quiet down and think about what could happen next time they're caught talking during an event. By treating the student with respect and kindness, we can help them understand the impact of their behavior and encourage them to make better choices in the future.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?

It is important to ensure the safety of everyone in the hallways by preventing any running or sprinting. If you come across any student running, you should walk slightly faster to catch up with them and politely ask them to stop for their safety and the safety of others. If they do not comply with your request, please do not hesitate to call for assistance and seek help from nearby faculty members or security personnel to take care of the situation. Remember, your actions can help prevent accidents and ensure the well-being of everyone around you.

A teacher observes concerning behavior from a student, including the creation of disturbing artwork and verbal threats toward peers. How would you collaborate with the teacher to evaluate the situation and intervene appropriately to address potential safety concerns?

It's important to communicate to the student that any form of threat, harassment, or misconduct is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. In such cases, the principal will be informed immediately, and a meeting will be scheduled to address the behavior and take appropriate action to ensure the safety and well-being of all students.

A group of students asks for your permission to stage a protest on school grounds. Would you allow them to protest? If so, how do you ensure the protest does not disrupt the school environment while upholding their freedom of expression?

If the content in question is deemed appropriate for a school environment and does not contain any harmful or threatening material towards students, it may be permissible. However, if it is found to be in violation of school policies or causing disruption, we will kindly request that the content be removed. It is important to remember that spreading harmful or hurtful messages is not acceptable and can have negative impacts on those affected.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?

If someone tells you that you have done something wrong, you can calmly ask them what you did wrong and whether there is anything you can do to fix it. If it is possible to fix the situation, you can apologize and promise not to repeat the mistake.

Please provide at least one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):

At Karakura High, we have a wonderful team of teachers and staff who work tirelessly to ensure that our students receive the best education possible. We believe that it's important to show our gratitude and appreciation for their hard work and dedication. To achieve this, we are proposing the idea of organizing a special event called "Staff Appreciation Day."

This event will be an opportunity for students to come together and show their appreciation for the efforts of the staff members. We can organize fun activities, games, and a special lunch or dinner for them. Students can also hand over special cards, flowers, or small gifts to their teachers as a token of appreciation.

By organizing this event, we hope to create a positive environment where students and teachers can come together to celebrate and appreciate the hard work and dedication of the staff. This will also encourage the staff to continue to do their best and motivate them to work even harder to provide the best education possible.

Personal Information
(in character)

Name: Aki S. Sanbuono

Phone number: 030-656-9690

How would you describe your personality?:

A young girl who possesses an innate desire to make people feel better and improve the lives of those around her. With a compassionate heart and a genuine interest in the well-being of others, she is committed to helping all communities grow and become kinder. Her unwavering dedication and selflessness make her a true inspiration to those who know her, and her efforts to spread positivity and kindness are a testament to the power of empathy and compassion.

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
alex-slim-arms-planetminecraft-com-17568794-minecraft-skin.jpg
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I aspire to take the responsibility of improving the quality of education and making a positive impact on the community. I believe that it is important to be a dependable and trustworthy individual who people can rely on to achieve these goals. By actively contributing towards the betterment of schools and communities, I hope to create a more equitable and inclusive society that benefits everyone.
Why do you want this position?:

I strive to exemplify respectfulness and kindness in all my actions and interactions, with the ultimate objective of assisting others in their personal growth and development. My ultimate ambition is to inspire individuals to cultivate these same values within themselves, and to become a positive influence on the world around them. I firmly believe that setting an example for these virtues is one of the most powerful ways to promote constructive change in the world, and I am fully committed to playing my part in making that vision a reality.

What interests you the most about student council?:

As someone who takes immense pleasure in being a part of special events, I feel a sense of fulfillment in contributing to the success of these occasions. I enjoy taking care of people, and I believe that being attentive to their needs and preferences is crucial in ensuring their comfort and happiness. My goal is to make things better for everyone involved, whether it's by providing assistance, offering advice, or simply being present to lend an ear. Being a part of special events is not just a job for me; it's a passion that I take great pride in.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

Karakura High has the potential to be a great place where people feel safe and comfortable. However, this can only be achieved by actively helping those in need and putting an end to bullying. By working together, we can create a community where everyone is treated with respect and kindness. As a member of this community, I am committed to doing my part in making Karakura High a better and safer place. This means being vigilant against bullying and other harmful behaviors and taking action to help those who are in need. I believe that with the right mindset and actions, we can truly make a positive impact on our school and our community.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread