EST

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, I yap a lot.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I’m on almost all the time.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Priest!

───────────────────────────────────────

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

For Shintoism OOCly? Not as much as I wish I would have but I really do wish to learn more about it, to my knowledge at the moment. Shintoism is a religion that dates back to 1000 B.C.E. The religion revolves around supernatural entities called the Kami who are believed to inhabit all things, forces, nature and landscapes. From mountains to animals to simple wind. There are a few people who work or worship the religion as a lifestyle, there are the Miko, or Maidens who are unmarried and are often daughters of a priest. That’s kind of all I know besides they greet people and teach them certain things about the religion. Priests often help people with learning different things. From Kendo, Shintoism Worshiping and other stuff. Though I’m a bit, last minute applying due to being very, y’know? I kind of wanted to give it a try. So I’m completely willing to learn.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

See now. I’ve done various types of RP, from basic ReporterRP, CrimeRP, RomanceRP, CombatRP and more. I’m also able to get online and RP with people who show up at the Shrine and people who are interested in learning about the religion ICly and OOCly.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

YES! That is possibly the part that I’m looking forward to the most!

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Gisepe Fadel

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mister.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Widowed.

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
African Latin

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-207-4250

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
The rather old man made his way into the hut as the sound of his cane clicked on the stone to wooden floor. Ringing out with a nice and soothing scent of fresh G**** Vines. He took a seat slowly as his back popped and cracked, a warm elderly smile was seen across his lips.

“Hello Miss. This is my information.”

The man slid over a card with his information on it, his name, his age, his title etc. A small chuckle escaped his lips from his throat as it verbalized

“My Motivation. . . Hmmm. I like to help the youth! I have my own son’s and daughters, who are around your age now. He always ran around his little Vineyard, talking about- Oh right! The motivation! I want to help the youth in this town, whether they are troubled or not. Everybody needs somebody to talk to every once in a while and if they would like to, they could study more about Shintoism like I did when I was just a young boy.”

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

The man looked at his hands as if they told a long tale of hard work and hope. He smiled at the lady before him and answered with a gentle response

“Nothing at all. Infact, I just moved here to find my grandson! He lives here I heard and I haven’t even met him. So to put it short, I only know this place exists! I was rather interested in coming here and making a little bit of extra cash for a home later on!”

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
The handwriting was very kind and neat. It was in proper Japanese with small chibi drawings of foxes around it.

Dear Mitsue,

I come to you today to check on your health and well being. I have had a question that has pondered in my mind for a while now, what would I have to do in order to become a Priest for the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. For I have heard nothing but positive about it, from the visitors to the workers and even a Kitsune that lives there! I would be more than honored to be able to become one of the staff at your Monastery. I send you this letter in best regards.

Sincerely, Gisepe Fadel.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Birth.

As a war had just ended, a new hope had been born. A handsome young boy with a smile and calm breathing. They chose the name, “Gisepe” as the Fadel’s Faith.

Younger Years.
The basic years, the basic life. Going to school and learning, the boy lived with two parents. A mother and a father, with an uncle. Though he was rather unknown, he still loved him. The boy's school years were rather good, he was known as the tall protective kid who would prevent bullies. Something the boy had been doing in his free time was meditation and martial arts. By the age of 10 he had become an intermediate in Jiu-Jitsu. He became a hero to those victims of being bullied. The Hope and Faith for those who couldn’t protect themselves.

Highschool Years.
The young man had a growth spurt. Reaching a final height of 6’5. A tall figure that was rather bulky and muscular. He walked the halls as if he owned the place, but instead of putting himself up on a pedestal, he held himself humble. His grades were at the top of his class, valedictorian even! He made his family and friends proud. When he graduated, he moved out, which shocked everybody.

Young Adult Years.
At the age of 24, the man discovered something. A Monastery that studied Shintoism. He grew curious. He hiked up the mountain, eager to see what was at the top. He was greeted with kindness and sincerity. That alone made him question the religion, asking how one studies.

The tale from then is rather simple, the rest of the man’s life spent studying basic Shintoism around the world.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Priests and Maidens do things from anything to day to day chores, to helping guests around the Monastery. Ranging to even, y’know. Sacred cleansings and performing the Kagura Dance and protecting the Civilians from possible dangers.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

Taking the ladle with your dominant hand, washing the non dominant hand then the dominant, then swiveling some in your mouth and spitting some onto a rock.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

Bringing food and drinks to the Kami, things like Sake, Rice, Fish and other goods. A prayer is said and sacred music along with a dance is performed. Then a general offering is performed.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

The maiden/priest who had made the tea enters and bows. The guests bow back to show respect towards the maiden/priest. The maiden/priest then cleanses and offers sides as well as things to go along with the tea. Two scoops of matcha powder are placed in the mixture and stirred for 30 seconds. Then the maiden/priest places the tea in front of the guests, where they enjoy.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi:
An offering made from sakaki-tree branch that is decorated with shide stripes of washi paper, silk or cotton. These are often used at ceremonies like weddings, funerals and births. They are presented to the kami as gifts.

Ofuda:
An Ofuda is a slip of paper that is a talisman made of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. They are considered to be imbued with the power of the kami. Used as protection against calamity.

Kagura Suzu:

A set of twelve to fifteen bels on a short staff used in the kagura dance. The set is made up of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a handle. Two bells on the top tier, four in the middle and six on the bottom.

Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

My character is based off of the Heavenly Virtue of Hope, so of all of them, so out of all of them, I think he would seek out Omoikane, the Kami of Wisdom. Seeing wisdom as something that he can use to better himself and those around him.

Extras: I tried my best with the research, but when i made this it was like 3am soooo sleepy mimimimimi, also would need to get a base for this char

Users who are viewing this thread