Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
Standard Eastern Time Zone (EST)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server currently is a bit everywhere, since I have a lot going on in my irl life, like school and exams coming up. So some days, I can’t get on. But when I am on, the usual time I am on is around 2-7 hours on weekdays, and anywhere between 8-12 hours on weekends. Sometimes more if I’m pulling an all nighter!

Do you have any previous bans?:
nope!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Russian app [Accepted]
French App [Accepted]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[MAIN] vivichiii // Grade-12
[ALT] vinichiii // Grade-10 (new account)

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Culinary Teacher

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher mainly stems from the fact that oocly and Icly, I adore cooking. Both myself and my character have been in the kitchen since we were young, and I would really like the chance to teach and detail the joys of cooking to other people, especially on a diverse server like SRP. This would also be a really good way for me to expand my knowledge about the SRP server. Branching out into fields and factions I haven’t tried before has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while now!

Icly wise, my character, Katalina, is a exploritive spirit by nature. She loves the idea of sharing her passion with others, especially youth, people who are still trying to find themselves and what they may love. The possibility of helping another person find a new passion makes her excited at the idea of teaching. She views cooking as a form of expression, no matter who you are.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I do. I'm well aware of this concept and look forward to it.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher Class Logs is what keeps track of a teacher’s activity throughout the month, based on my personal understanding: they become very important due to the need for evidence for quotas, along with validating the class that was hosted.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Rule one | Bullying, and cursing are strictly forbidden in the classroom.
The classroom is a place for everyone, and no one should feel uncomfortable or outcasted in any way.

Rule two | Phone away please!
Unless there is an extreme emergency, or the teacher has given explicit permission, phones should remain off or at the very least put away so that they do not become a distraction.

Rules three | Safety.
The classroom can be a dangerous place, especially in classrooms with special equipment. Because of this, you must always make sure those tools are being used properly and being handled with absolute care!

Rule four | Raise your hand.
To keep everything organized and to keep no one from being overlooked, it is imperative that you raise your hand when having something to say. This is the easiest and most efficient way to get the teacher's attention should you need it.

Rule five | Respect.
Simple, respect those around you! Students and teachers alike, treat others how you’d wanna be treated.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

In general, I have about 3-4 years of roleplaying experience! Though I have taken many breaks in between for a multitude of irl reasons, it’s always been something I come back to. I really enjoy the creativity and world building that comes with roleplay. It’s something I consider a fun and almost thrilling pastime. And even more so on a server like SRP, where you can’t always predict what someone will do. There’s always things going on and for the most part, it just doesn’t really get boring! Something is always there to look forward to.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The Head of Department is the teacher / professor that usually has the most experience in their field of teaching, be it english, or history, math, or science! They are the top brass in that section! They are the go-to when one has a question about their specific subject, and they are very reliable leaders of their respective brackets. These individuals are also the ones in charge of handling the UT’s. They are the people who advise their fellow teachers on potential lesson plans and the likes. Being HD is the highest rank a teacher / professor could reach in their teaching career. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication to teaching, and a very good reputation to reach this point. You not only need the respect of the students, but the respect of your co-workers as well.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Next we have qualified teacher! This is someone who has built up their reputation and has officially earned their place among the teacher staff! They’ve hosted classes, were diligent in their own training sessions, and have become responsible in their respective field. QT’s are people who have worked hard to earn the respect and trust of their fellow teachers. This role insinuates that they are, well, qualified, and trustworthy enough to handle the education of the many students at KHS. These are the people most next in line to potentially become HD’s.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: The newly qualified teacher is someone who is fresh out of their training! These are the teachers who are doing all they can to meet the expectations set for them, and are aiming to form a respectable reputation in the school. They are of course still new though, so there is still much for them to learn and perfect as their time being a teacher progresses, but these people have at least passed the first stage, and earned the stamp of approval from the HD.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A newly recruited teacher / professor is someone who is brand new to the team of teachers! They are first to be trained, and observed. Gauging their aptitude for interaction with, caring for, and being around the students of KHS. In the training period, you are usually acting as a shadow to the HD. participating in whatever they have planned for you that will better your basis as a teacher. On an occasion, they may be able to hold their own class, but there must be someone supervising, usually also the HD.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are the foundation for educating the growing youths, and are one the main sources of people nurturing them through life until they become adults and move on with adult things! But even then, teachers are still needed. Aka, professors. Who can provide a more mature and maybe even more experienced outlook for others to learn from.

In SRP, a teacher's salary is about 350,000 with the opportunity to earn an extra 50,000 should they go above and beyond and an extra five classes that get added after reaching the standard minimum, which is ten classes that should be hosted and properly held!

Every teacher is different, and therefore, will do different things. You have some who present their information through more visual-based teaching styles, while others tend to stay more traditional. It all just depends on who is handling the class, and what it is they aim to achieve and provide as a teacher.

Teachers are important to SchoolRP because without them, there wouldn’t be half as much realism to the literal main point of the server, school! Teachers make spending those mandatory periods on the school grounds much more exciting and worth it. In general, icly and oocly, They’re role models for the students!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
“MoSCo”
Must have, Should have, Could have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Kat is a youthful looking woman. Upon inspection, you’d notice that she’d stand at roughly 5’5 when she isn’t wearing heels, having an alluring curve to her hips and bodice area, while also maintaining a lean and athletically built figure. Weighing about 120 pounds. Her irises would be a deep green-blue color. The skin around her eyes is usually decorated with minimal but eye-enhancing amounts of eyeliner, giving her a sharp, cat-like look. Her hair is long, and wavy. Being black, with a pinkish-red color stripe running down the left side of her head. This stripe is what she likes to consider one of her unique traits, since it is subject to change every-so often. It’s cycled through so many colors she’s lost count.

Personality wise, Katalina can be described as dorky. When she’s around students, she takes on a more professional version of herself. Joking with them, and being quite friendly, but making sure to never cross any lines, as they are still students. She’s easy to approach and talk to, and she’s always willing and ready to give a helping hand! When she’s with her co-workers, she’s a bit more lax. Letting her jokester and playful side come more into light, though again, she will keep herself very much in check should they all be on the job. She’s someone who believes work comes first, unless there is an emergency. Off work, Kat can be a bit of a wildcard! She’s always looking for thrills and exciting times. Her hobbies are usually cycling through thriller movies / TV shows, cooking, of course, and doing all types of dare-devil activities. From things like bungee-jumping to sky diving, she’s probably done it all, and would most certainly do it all again.

Her dare-deviled-ness aside, Katalina is a person who believes heavily in being there for others. She loves to give advice as best she can, and will help almost anyone solve any problem they come to her with. And if she herself doesn’t know the answer, she’s willing to learn!

Kit views students are very important existences to the future of the world! She takes great pride in being a part of their lives and helping them learn new things every class! She takes the lives and feelings of her students extremely seriously and should one of them ever need her for anything, she’s always there. And the same goes for how she views her co-workers. Though it’s a bit biased, Teachers are automatically people that she respects. Growing up, they were almost like superheroes to her. She knows, and understands that it isn’t always easy work. Sometimes, classes can be rowdy, and unforgiven. So, she’s always aiming to at least tell them all good morning, ask about their days, and the like. She views teachers as people more than worthy of care!

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

First, Katalina would approach them calmly, inquiring about their reasoning for acting so unruly during the school day, and if there was a reason for it. Regardless of their response, she’d ask them to stop, and would give them a gentle, but stern warning as to not do it again, or they’d face consequences. If the same offense should be done again, or if they refused to cooperate, she’d swiftly deal them whatever punishment is best fit for their reaction.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

She’d stand for a moment, thinking over the best way to get the class to focus back on her for whatever she’d need to tell them. She’d try to ask them to quiet down again, however this time in a slightly more stern manner than her previous attempts had probably been. Should this not work, she’d give them the warning of a cooking history lesson instead of actual cooking and fun learning! Telling them about the grueling and boring question and answers she’d have them do on whatever long and never ending lesson would be their punishment. Should there still be some trouble makers in the class, she'd simply politely have them removed from her class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Kit would use this time to relax a bit from whatever she’d just finished doing, in this scenario I’ll say a class. If there is no one in the lounge besides herself, she’d think over the recent class and ponder on anything she found the students hadn’t particularly been fond of. If there was anything she should remove or do better next time to keep her class fresh and fun! If there is another teacher in the lounge, she’d first happily greet them, and ask about their day! Inquiring more about them should it be someone she doesn’t already know. She’d make light and, hopefully, rejuvenating conversation. Potentially even using the time to ask for their opinions and advice on her teaching techniques.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Katalina would clap her hands, a bright smile on her face as she welcomed the students into her class. She’d be excited to start the day! Awaiting for her pupils to be comfortably seated before beginning to explain the plan, and dish, for the day in great detail. Her hands moved around quite expressively as she spoke. She was always so animated!

/me With a quickness to her steps, Katalina would make her way over to the side of the student. Her gentle hands reach for the cooking tool in their palms, and correct their technique with a kind, but stern, authority. She’d scold them lightly, making sure they were now aware of the dangers when handling the tool, and reminding them that their safety is of utmost importance.

/me Her hands would be behind her back as she paced around the classroom. She’d be encouraging them as she treaded along, occasionally stopping to correct someone, to answer a question about the recipe, or to be a taste tester! While circling about, she’d be sure to inform everyone of their time left in class. Reminding them still though that there isn’t any need to rush themselves. Cooking can be done at any time!

/me There’d be a stack of plates in her arms now, ones she’d just finished retrieving from the table side. She’d lay them out neatly, making sure there was enough for everyone in the classroom to have a portion of the dish they’d just finished making. With a kind tone, she’d ask for a few helpers, giving them small tasks to do and set up for the mini-meal while she portioned everything out. A proud smile on her face as she gazed at her students.

Backstory

Katalina Erinz Vitale, better known as Kitty Vitale by her close friends, family, or really anyone who knows about the silly nickname, was born on October 17th 1993 in Siena Italy. Her parents, Ciara and Matteo Vitale, had been quite loving. She grew up as a spoiled child, though still loveable, she was her family’s princess. And her best friend was her brother, Leo. They grew up doing everything together! From sunrise to sunset they were glued at the hip. He was the one who introduced her to the idea of cooking. They had their fun in the kitchen for many, many years. Begging their mother to buy them the latest cook books. The hours spent in the kitchen dedicated to perfecting the recipes before them, and a lot of times, it would become friendly and adorable sibling competition.

Things hadn’t hit any types of fans until she reached her middle school age, specifically seventh grade, and her brother was now in highschool. Too old to hang with little kids, and do little kid things, in his words. He was no longer in the kitchen like she knew he used to be. Anytime she’d ask him to join her, he’d simply blow her off. Slamming doors on not only his sister, but their parents. Due to her way of coping, she’s forcibly forgotten a lot of the terrible things he’d gotten himself into. Only thing she can remember now is how stressed her family was. The long nights of arguments, the scream matches, and her dearly beloved brother losing himself in the wrong path of adolescence. And at the time of their growing up, there weren’t many adult figures besides their parents who could, or even cared enough, to try and put him back on track. It wasn’t until her brother was forcibly put into a sport, soccer, to occupy his free time.

At first, she doubted this would change anything. Positive that her brother was lost for good. But suddenly, it was like a switch had flipped in him. To this day, she’s still flabbergasted when she remembers that random day in September that he came and apologized to her for how he’d been acting in recent times. Right before her eyes, she was watching her brother change, and it was due to the coach he’d so despised at first!

From watching and observing, Katalina quickly understood why Leo had made such a change. The coach, who also happened to double as an english teacher at her brother’s highschool when soccer season was over, was a caring, and kind person. She was always there for Leo, and from what Kat learned, was the only adult who actually tried to understand his feelings, and be there for him that wasn’t yelling, or arguing. She validated him, and all his problems. And it was this realization that made Katalina decide what she wanted to do in life.

From there on, She dedicated herself to her studies. Powered by her determination to be a pillar in someone else’s life who may need her, much like that coach had done for her once unruly brother. It didn’t take long for her to decide that she wanted to be a Culinary teacher. It was the best of both worlds. She decided to go into college right after highschool. And after graduating, she traveled around to different countries as much as she could. Building her understanding about the world in first person, and expanding her abilities for cuisine. Eventually, she found herself in Karakura. She made connections she hadn’t expected, and decided this would be her forever home.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Katalina Vitale

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms. Vitale

Given Name(s): Katalina Erinz Vitale

Preferred Name: Kitty, Kit, Kat

Age (Minimum is 27): 29

Religious Denomination: Pagan

Marital Status: Single, Unmarried

Nationality: Italian

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
Three years

Academic Degree: Bachelor's degree

Year of Graduation: 2016

Major(s): Education

Minors: Culinary

Native Languages: Italian, English

Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do not.

Extra

sig! (2).gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread