mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Custom Classrooms for Teachers/Professors

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
IGN: YonioTheNacho (Adult) / NachoRP (College-Student)
DATE: 28/06/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
My suggestion mainly focuses on the re-addition of custom classrooms for those school workers who need a classroom to teach their subject. This is something that was a thing for many years but, recently, with the re-modellation of the school, most classrooms were changed to the same model.

Now, I'm not saying the classroom model is bad. I myself have seen it and it looks fantastic, but the fact that something looks good doesn't mean it's the best option. You see, many teachers make their classes a bit more entertaining due to the fact that they're the ones who designed the class, taking into consideration what they're teaching as well as the activities they may do in order to make students' experience in their class more enjoyable.

Furthermore, as far as I'm concerned, most teachers/professors weren't given this information, and their classrooms (some of which took several hours of non-stop work and trial-and-error tasks) were completely wiped out without their permission. I'm aware that the school leads should be the one taking the decisions, since they're basically the "bosses", but if their opinion isn't heard, then it's unfair for them to have to cope with these non-discussed additions, having to completely re-think their class ideas, and the distribution of the class.

In summary, I have a final idea that everyone, or most people may agree with :
The school classrooms will have the current model as the default one, for those teachers who don't have enough time or simply don't know how to properly build so that students don't have to wait until they're done with building. However, those teachers who wish to have their own custom classroom, they'll be able to do so from the current class model, instead of just start building from scratch.

Thank you for your time.

eto

Level 15
There was a few reasons why it was changed. For one, each classroom was drastically different from the last and did not fit the more ‘Japanese’ look they were going for for. Another being that teachers made theirs look a mess (as they are not Builders). It does not make sense for one classroom to have totally different blocks/theme than the one next to it .

Yes, I believe that for whatever reason, a teacher can ask their faculty lead if they can make small adjustments depending on their subjects. However, employees aren’t not given a opinion what the environment looks like around them. They look much more professional for a vastly growing server.

eto

Level 15
I understand that you might not find them as builders, seen as some aren't and some are. What happens when one teacher is apart of the build team? They would be able to change up their room? I don't believe that would be fair, at all. I agree with Yonio a hundred percent. We all have our own opinion, but a fellow person in speaking their opinion. I don't think someone asking to get their classroom changed, to a more "sleek, or fun" design is that big of a deal. [ADDON] Also, if they want the classrooms and more traditional Japanese, people can still decorate their own room, making it as Japanese as possible but with their own design and twist.
I believe that one teacher is in fact a Builder. I clearly stated that for whatever purpose your subject holds, contact the Teacher Lead to change it. However, I do not believe that realistically, someone’s classroom in the same building can look drastically different to the one next door. Look up Japanese classrooms.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I believe that, although classes should look more or less the same, each teacher should have the property of their classroom. This wouldn't be the case if many teachers shared the same classroom (e.g. In one period, a teacher teaches their subject in one class and, in the next one, another one takes that classroom to teach his subject), but this isn't the case in SRP. I've seen many classrooms both here in Spain and asked many online friends I have all around the world (some of which were close to Japan), and they told me that teachers who owned their classroom and didn't have others using it to teach their lesson had all the freedom to change their class' aesthetic and distribution in order to make their classes more entertaining
From my personal experience, I will put the example of my Latin Class. My professor is the only one who teaches in that one classroom, so he did many changes to the class, such as Roman Gods drawings made by students, a drawn map of the Roman Empire, the Latin and Greek alphabet, as well as a table distribution depending on which task they're going to do,
Furthermore, it'd be another task for school leads to accomplish. Having to tell them everytime a teacher wants to make a slight change would make their job harder, and this is something that should be avoided, considering how many requests are still pending, such as the request of a counselling room, salary changes, amongst others.

Users who are viewing this thread