Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
IGN:

DarkEclipic

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

DarkEclipic#3032

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

Yes, I have a mic, I enjoy getting in voice calls

Your time zone and current country of residence:

CST(USA)
(I work overnights so Sunday-Thursday I usually am on from 8 AM - 10 AM/12 PM,
And Friday and Saturday I am normally on from 8 pm-4 pm)

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-darkeclipic.52996/
- Denied

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes, I do understand that I could be removed from the community team at any time.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

I work the opposite of my timezone as I said above, I work a full-time job Irl (40+ hours a week) from Sunday night - Thursday night, off Friday and Saturday.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I quite enjoy writing and making things come to the light. Making stories and concepts that create a theory / folklore / location / etc pop into life. Giving it breath and life that creativity. My Father was the one who helped me start my writing journey. I was in or around grade 4-5 when I got into story writing. I kept at it and continued to read books to gain more and more ideas. I first started off writing Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfictions(I'm behind honest) then it went into my middle school years about writing the first full-length novella that I called 'Pichu and The Broken Bond'..

With that, it gave me the push I needed to start working on two new stores; 'Brave Hearts: Part one Werepire' and 'The Adventure of Do-Joe Hero' all involve many hours(even years) of character Development and Worldbuilding. I am most proud of The Werepire.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I do! As mentioned above, Werepire has had the most world-building put into it in the world of the five kingdoms. It's religion of the six warriors, the villain of the ancient age returning to the modern day, the love and magic put into the different plants and spells.

Then there are the characters themselves. The warriors were blessed with ancient Magicks of Old and passed them throughout the next set of warriors.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore, the backbone of any story or creative work of being able to give a background to a piece of art, writing, or sculpture. It gives the work the story, to display emotion, a feeling.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Head spinning, vision dark. The male would have a dark-coloured blindfold over his eyes, blocking out all images and light. Trying to lift up his arms and legs to stand, he would find that he would be tied down into a chair. Unable to move. Something cold and sorta wet would touch his neck, right above his adam’s apple. He would give a gulp before he heard someone start to speak, their accent sounded like a mix of Japanese and possibly a tang of Southern American. The room they were in was a small square of a room, the walls were painted beige and parts of it would were a deep rust colour. But from what? No soul will tell.

‘Well, well, well. Look who has finally decided to wake up.’ A man dressed in a French-made three-piece black suit would be standing in front of the man, leaning on a blackened cane. At the top where he rested his hand was a head of a lion in mid-roar, Starburst Emerald cut gems would be where the lion’s eyes would be. He wore a similar mask to his cane, it seemed to be his whole Identity. His salt and pepper hair would be thinning in places, mainly around the crown of his head and his widows peek. It would also be slicked back with either a type of gel or hairspray. Behind the tied-up male, who had short brown hair and his right ear would be missing, would be a female with long beautiful blond hair. She wore a mask of Yin and Yang with eyes for slits, she wore just a rolled-up black button-up, black slacks, and matching shoes. Her gloves would go up to her mid-palm, enough to keep any type of print off the knife if they were to be caught. She would remain quiet as the Lion would speak, ‘Now that you are awake. Shall we get started? Where are the goods?’ His voice got lower and lower as he would approach the first. The man in the chair struggled but settled back down as the female would grip the knife closer to his neck, causing it to make a mark, not deep enough to bleed.

“I. . . don't know what you are talking about. . .” WHACK, the male would scream as the lion's cane would be swung at him with all of his strength. ‘Our contacts say otherwise. Now please, stop playing and give us the information. Where. Are. The. Goods.’ The Lion would growl at every word that he paused at. The room went silent as the only sound that could be heard was whispers outside the door behind the female. After a bit of The Lion not speaking and the man in the chair, there was another WHACK and then followed by a CRACK. Screaming littered the air particles as the man in the chair just had his right kneecap shattered by the cane. ‘That is what you get for staying quiet. I am a patient man, but I am not THAT patient.’ The Lion would turn and limp to a small table sitting behind him, he would pick up a hand-held wood axe. The Female noticed the weapon and pulled the cold blade away from the male’s neck, he let out a shaky exhale, but the pain still littered his shattered kneecap. Not knowing what was about to come next to him. With a large arc and more cracks, another scream was heard. The Axe would be embedded into the male’s left thigh, blood would start to flow as paint down a canvas.

With his head thrown back in pain, the man would let out small, whispered words as he would speak, ‘Okay. . . Okay. . . I will talk. It’s. . . at the sewer entrance. . . by the lighthouse. Men are waiting for me there.’ With a small smile, the axe let out a squelching sound as it came out of the man’s thigh as the female would have pocketed the knife and left the room. ‘Thank you. That was all we wanted.’ - “So. . . am I free to go. . .?” The Lion would look at the male in front of him, tied to the chair as blood dripped onto the floor he gave a chuckle. ‘Of course not. This room will be your resting place. Good night.’ With another swing of the axe that was still in his free hand, it embedded and sliced right through his neck.

(Words: 739)

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Karakura, a mysterious island within Tokyo Prefecture that would be part of the Izu archipelago, has a rich history and its own mysteries outside of the main island of Japan. Between the war between the Minamoto and the Taira in the Nara and Heina Periods to the current day with the war between The Ahikito Clan and Yamaguchi-Gumi Clan. With all of the fighting between Families, Clans, and Gangs. The town would start to experience moments of sudden darkness, evil, and hatred.

Throughout the coming months leading to the end of the year, the town started to have more and more supernatural pheonamons. Spirits speaking in one's head, having them do things they wouldn’t do. Cuts and burns appear on one’s skin, leaving lasting impressions on those who would enter the forest. Sudden weapons appear and slash or pierce one’s body. Thugs and Groups gather out in public more, in blackout attire and in masks of black and white. Mumbles could be heard in empty spaces where a few words would come out, ‘Yokai.’ this is what most think is causing the pain, the fear, and the red running off blades in the town.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi, August Star of Heaven, is a Kami of Evil and of the stars battling over control of Karakura with its own Kami; Chiharu-Yamatsumi, Goddess of the Mountain, previously a Yokai but then raising to Godhood after enormous feet. The August Star of Heaven gives the people of Karakura evil, bad, and hatred in their hearts to Harm. Slice. Kill. Gangs ramping up in style, Thug groups running around harming others, Murders being left on doorsteps. Families losing loved ones, Friends losing their chosen family, and the smile would raise even higher on groups faces. It has bled into the High school and local community college, jocks harming others for the thrill. Children getting picked on and breaking down. School Staff just look at them and laugh for trying to fight back when the bully is twice bigger as them. Police waved off the individual pleas and cried for help.

It has been said throughout the shrine, that if we pray to Chiharu-Yamatsumi, she would be able to help more in the town. Give us more protection from those who wish to see the town in harm. Have the weather of Karakura be calmer than sudden rainstorms. Give the town more feeling of hope, lean into asking others for help, and do the helping. There have been groups that would be blessed by the Kami, herself, into giving hope and life to those who are willing to accept it, to learn from their mistakes. To better themselves.

As the Shisei Seinaru Monastery has recently been getting affected by the recent up in Spirit activity. It has been said that they prayed to Chiharu-Tamatsumi, herself, to help seal away and to help protect the shrine further from unwanted Yokai or even Spirits of the dead. With the new official head of the Monastery, Inari, has been working hard in keeping Karakura’s Kami at peace along with the remainder of the Maidens and Priests. Guiding those through prayers, creating Emas for hopes for the future, and giving offerings to Chiharu-Yamatsumi. It now being the safest in Karakura’s small forest from wild animals, people affected by evil intentions, and now Spirits and Yokai.

(Words: 554)

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!​

Users who are viewing this thread