Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
IGN:
DarkEclipic
(Alts; LightEclipic, WhiteEclipic, GreyEclipic, BlackEclipic)

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
DarkEclipic#3032

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I do have a mic and are able to talk on discord

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST, USA

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-application-darkeclipic.52996/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/darkeclipic-lore-team-application-2.54918/#post-186135

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I do understand and recognize that I could be removed from the community team at any time!

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Writer's block; It happens from time to time but I have a way of being able to get past it if it means getting done with an assignment for the community.

Mental breaks; Along with the previous block, I do get mentally exhausted when it comes to trying to think up lore ideas. I am able to write down ideas that I can do in depth about but for a few days out of a month, I will take a break to think and revise my work and ideas that I have for worldbuilding and general character ideas.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I have been writing since I was little, writing helps me be able to express myself and to be able to show how certain characters or how certain plotlines I see in my head are able to go. I love being able to bring characters and ideas that are stuck in my head and give them personality and their own life. I have written things in the past that I will be able to share and a previous Lore team member! I wrote the lore with Oli of the murder of 1999, I really loved writing about the past and filling in the blanks!

I have a passion for writing and I have to thank my friends and my family, mainly my father who helped and continued to support me with the writing! Even now, my father is super supportive of what I do and what I have a passion for.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
As I said previously, I have written lore for the server with ‘The Murder of 1999’ and have put many ideas into the server. Along with outside of the server itself, I have and currently working on two books as I mentioned in my previous Lore team applications, I don’t mind sharing them as I am very proud of my work! I love the aspect of worldbuilding and creating a set of characters to help build up said world.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore, the worldbuilding and creation of a world to form the backbone. The art of the characters, the color of the world, the emotion of the folklore, and the characters themselves.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

- Word count; 657 -

Screaming, yelling, shouting. Crying, sobbing, sulking. All are normal for the families that live on the island of Oushima, the families that first were formally on the island in the original migration to the Izu Archipelago. On the northern side of the island, we have the family of Onsens and the housing district, The Shimizu Family. The more traditional Japanese family is a family of old money, wealth, and generations of the past. The family to the south most of the island, The Kubo Family. A newer generation of a family from the Sapporo area, The area of crops, animals, and general modernization to the island. Traditionally vs Modern, they war over the middle land of the island of Oushima and on who will be able to stay within the island.

One summer night, The Shimizu Family traveled down to the south of the island for dinner with The Kudo Family to try to make amends. During the dinner, old rumors of The Shimizu Family started to crop up in conversation around the banquet hall of the Kudo Estate from the cook servants. It was overheard from the Shimizu’s youngest son and heir to the family seat, Haruto. Returning from playing with the Kudo kids, Haruto asked his mother about the former head of the family. His father’s mother, Mistress Aoi, was sent away to the Island of Toshima a few years ago due to her decline in her mental health with her ‘seeing’ ghosts and spirits. The family, thinking she was crazy or even having a type of episode, to preserve the family's reputation had sent Mistress Aoi to receive the help that she needed. Upon hearing her son talk about the previous Head Mistress, gotten furious at the Kudo family for letting their servants talk badly about her own family that she married. The head of the Kudo family, Isamu, was caught off-guard at the fact that his guest would just start shouting in front of the entire banquet. Isamu would speak up in a more mellowed tone, ‘Mrs. Shimizu, As I understand you had heard my servants speaking ill about your family. But, do you think it was appropriate to bring it up in front of our families and servants?’

As Isamu finished speaking, this upset the family head of Shimizu for him speaking to his wife in an impolite manner. Aki slammed his hands on the table as he stood from his seat, rage set in his eyes as he looked at Isamu, ‘How DARE you to speak to my wife like that in that manner! She is a woman of power and wealth, your family is more of a disgrace of the land!’ As the yelling started to grow, the servants pulled the Kudo kids out of the hall and into a different room to avoid them getting more involved as they already were. The fighting went on for a few hours of insults, crying, and nearly turning physical. The Shimizu Family had left in a hurry from the Kudo Estate as a chair was nearly thrown at Aki and his wife. Upon leaving, the family's older member who had traveled south with the family turned to Estate, chanting an old maiden spell of a curse to cause the family hardship and sorrow.

The Kudo Family, after that night, had flourished in popularity but the family had slowly started to fall apart. The Heir to the Kudo Family had left the island to pursue their passion for Art and painting. Isamu had fallen ill with an unknown illness, and the family doctors had pushed it to a foreigner who brought the illness to the southern parts of town. The Shimizu Family had gotten struck with the same illness by the visitors of the south. Even to this day, The Shimizu Family still blamed The Kudo Family for all of the harm that came to their family and their side of the island.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

- Word Count; 483 -

On the Island of Karakura in the Izu Archipelago, the housing crisis was relevant and an issue for the Karakura government. Upon the tragedy of the Saiky Estate being damaged and broken from the Earthquake and fire, the family bought the old Zen Garden that was donated to the town by The Akihito Family. Upon the old estate being torn down, it was given to the town and thus a new apartment complex was born. The name of the new complex is called Complex L, along with the new complex, the Itsbyoshi Train Station was created for the further side of town and the Auto shop was moved to the new complex from the Shopping District. Complex L had gotten a nice little pathway and garden area, upon entering the area, you would feel colder and on edge from an unknown presence of the area. It could be more active because of the nearby Torii gate by the ocean, the Gate of the Moon it had rumored to be called by the locals. It is unknown if the Torii Gate welcomes good Spirits or the Yokai and the souls of the lost. Perhaps The Shrine maidens and priests should visit and cleanse the area, in hopes that it would calm down the spirits and to understand them better or perhaps anger them further.

Upon entering the backmost part of the trail, Ofudas would be hung up on the trees, and whispering could be heard in one's ear. Rumors had popped up around Karakura about the supernatural haunting the area, with the Saiky Family being spiritual in the ways of Shintoism, it is suspected that ghosts haunt the former Estate land. As if it was because of the destruction of the old estate or the building of a new, modern building is yet to be told what started the hauntings.

Only the brave and the superstitious mainly travel along the darkened path, sunlight blocked by the trees and the suspiciously cold surroundings. It has been told by word of mouth that there has been at least one ghost that haunts the newly made path, haunting at least one individual and possibly more weak souls that come along the path. Those of Strong and spiritual souls might be able to handle the spirits better but it is unexpected what the spirits will do and how they will act. As many spirits live in and around Karakura, it is possible they are bouncing each other's energies to each other and empowering one another to be more violent and active. Or perhaps the Kami that had cursed Karakura and its weather with not loving her enough had empowered the spirits' attitudes on harming and hurting those who may or may not deserve it. Or perhaps the presence of the Yokai from the study of Shinto might have an effect on the nearby gate and the town itself.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
Unfortunately, we do not find you suitable due to your current history on the server.​

Users who are viewing this thread