Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Darketru

Discord Name & Tag:
Darketru#8433

Previous bans:
None.

Describe your activity on the server:
With me having a life outside of the server I have a job and school, which will decrease my playtime throughout the weekdays. Although, once Friday and the weekend hits I’ll be on a lot more. I’ve been a part of the community since 2016 and really haven’t had the urge to join KPD.

Which timezone are you in?
Central Timezone (CST)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/governor-knotalive’s-application.52402/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/librarian-application-imcultjr.51751/

What is your motivation for applying?:
Every day I feel like I’m losing motivation to play on the server. I want to try something new, so KPD has given me the reason to hopefully get me back on my feet for the server. I want to experience this new roleplay and hopefully enjoy it. I’d like to expand my roleplays even more, and I believe KPD can help with that.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I know out in the real world, the main goal of the police faction is to protect society from the horrible people of this world. Although, another way of police work is helping those who’ve been in a natural disaster that needs attention to help. Like the National Guard coming to help. I know there are several branches in the police force that you can climb your way up to, with different meanings to it.
I do have some knowledge of the Police ranks.
Police Officer- Cadet
The newbies of the KPD. They need to be trained and given the correct knowledge of any procedures given.
Patrol Officer- They help the Cadets with patrolling the streets of Karakura. This rank is to keep a lookout for any suspicious activity on the streets.

Corporal- This rank is to help the Cadets that have been accepted onto the team. As Corporal, they have to set a role model for the Cadets. Such as leadership, teamwork, communication, and other tactics that a Cadet would need to know.

Sergeant- The overseer of the ranks below this. With the Sergeant rank, they need to make sure the ranks below them are doing their job correctly. Sergeants supervise the ranks below them and the civilians.

Lieutenant- The reporter of the ranks below them. They are to report any misbehavior or unacceptable behavior to the Commissioner. As a Lieutenant, you set an example for the ones below you. You are to hold a leadership reputation, as you are the front line you order the ones below as well.

Police Detective- As a Police Detective you are to go out to any crime scenes and gather evidence during an inspection. You are to call in any suspects, witnesses, and or victims to go into more depth.

Police Captain- The right-hand man of the Commissioner. You help organize meetings and training and set out commands to the other ranks below them. You have the right to inspect each officer if needed with a valid reason. If the Commissioner isn’t present the Police Captain would be temporarily in charge.

Commissioner- The Head of the Police Department. They have the power to overlook all Police ranks. They are allowed to inspect any officers, fire them, promote, demote, etc. As a Commissioner they have many responsibilities like holding meetings, training, and other events if necessary. The Commissioner is the role model of the police unit.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The Police play an important role in SchoolRP, think about it, what would happen if there was no police faction in the real world? Complete chaos would be happening, there wouldn’t be a safe world. Instead, it’d be filled with the recklessness of horrible people. It’d be crimes 24/7 on the streets. With the police being implemented into SchoolRP they help keep everything in balance with the good side of Karakura and the bad side of Karakura. That way it keeps roleplay situations interesting. If the police weren’t implemented into SchoolRP we all know that the gangs of Karkaura would be the rulers of the small island. As the KPD slogan states “To Protect and Serve”. That is the main goal of the faction.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I do understand, that for any reason I can be demoted from the team.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I agree that I will be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role in the community.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I understand that if training is online I am needed to attend or I can receive punishment.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Lance Otakemaru Valerian

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male. He/Him.

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD): Criminal Justice Major - Masters
Criminology Major- Masters
Law and Justice Minor- Bachelors

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Russian, Latin, Spanish, English

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Lance would be a 5’10 male with curly blonde hair. He’d always appear in professional attire, keeping his reputation high. He doesn’t know what traits of his make him unique. Or he hasn’t found out what makes him unique.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Due to Lance being in a professional environment as a past Governor for the town. He’d act in a formal manner giving his full attention to whoever was speaking to him. Lance would be a friendly person who respects everyone he surrounds.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Lance knows to successfully fulfill a mission on the KPD team, the goal is teamwork. Even if he hated a co-worker he needed to get along with them on shift. Lance knows co-workers and teamwork is important so he takes these two things seriously.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I feel like I see myself as a leader. I want to make my name remembered, as well as provide a good reputation to the island and for myself. I think I hold leadership inside of me just because I love helping others. I know if I provide good deeds to this society it will follow my pathway as well. This is why I think I see myself as a leader in this world. With good hard work, teamwork, and leadership has done to society can be a good leader. Although, I feel like anyone can be a leader as well. If not to the world, to their loved ones, and themselves.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Lance was born and raised in Russia with his parents. In his mid-teens, Lance worked at his family business in Russia to help support his family. He was the only child in the household he was in. Later on, Lance wanted to move somewhere else, and that is when he found Karakura. It was a small island, the perfect place for Lance to start somewhere new. He went to high school and college here to get his master’s degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology. Due to the high crime rates and gang activity on the island, Lance wanted to become a police officer to protect the good people from the bad. However, due to his high studies, Lance took a break from it due to stress. So he became a Governor to try to make the town safer. Throughout this time, Lance found out he had distant cousins with the surname Otakemaru. Lance now had the Valerian surname implanted on his documents due to his family disowning him. Approximately a year went by, and Lance decided to go back to his studies to obtain his master’s degree and bachelor’s degree in Law and Justice minor. Without a doubt, Lance successfully obtained his master’s degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology Majors. He also obtained a bachelor’s degree in Law and Justice. Now not wanting to procrastinate any longer, Lance began to fill out the Karakara Police Department application. Hoping to become an officer for the island.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
No, you cannot legally own a pocket knife in Karakura. The item will be confiscated and you’ll be arrested for owning an illegal weapon.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Lactulose
Birth Control
Cough Syrup
Cane
Surgical Mask

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
My first reaction would be to get my co-worker away from the inmate. After getting them away and the inmate back in their cell if needed, I’d talk to my co-worker about why they were abusing the inmate. After they tell me why I’d tell them that isn’t tolerated here in the faction. I’d then report the incident to my higher-up that way they can get word to the Commissioner.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
My first instinct would try to get both parties away from each other. I’d then get the side that was assaulting my co-worker by either firing my taser to tase them or I’d throw my body weight onto the party putting cuffs around their wrists for assaulting a police officer.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If I find out that my co-worker is corrupt and helping a criminal organization I’d notify my higher-up about the situation. That way the co-worker can be taken care of and arrest whoever corrupted the co-worker. Police officers are not allowed to help criminal organizations.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal was trying to bribe them I’d warn them for trying to do so. I’d give them 3 warnings before arresting them for trying to bribe a police officer. However, if they listen the first time I’ll keep in mind if they try to do it again I’ll automatically arrest them for trying to bribe a police officer once again.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to DM me. I wish all the other applicants good luck. While I look forward to seeing my result. Have a great day/night.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
We appreciate your interest in the faction. However, the higher-up team
has decided to deny this application.​

- While the reasons may vary, the main motive behind this review has to do with
the fact that there were other applications who had more chances at getting accepted,
which doesn't necessarily mean that your application was bad.

- Please understand that this decision was taken by the entire Higher-Up team, so avoid
DMing any member of the KPD faction in regards to your application.​

- Feel free to re-apply for the next Cadet Wave! However, we recommend that you try out
other factions to get yourself to be known by the playerbase and to have a better reputation.​

Users who are viewing this thread