:
iheartnyc

RPName of Club Leader:
Sophie Grace

Discord Tag:
bigussy#7119

Club name of the club you are apply for the leadership position:
Debate Club

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?

Using my previous experience, I was once a member of the journalism club, arguably the most popular club. I don't blame people! Cool tag, cool job! Throughout my time in the journalism club, I learnt from the best of the best, our leader at the time was super organised and he knew how to control a room and handle a meeting. If I looked back, I can definitely tell that I have learned off of him in a socially engaging matter. Not only that, I strongly believe I am capable of doing the same, with the team that I am hopefully going to build up, upon acceptance. Working in a co-operative matter is probably my biggest strength, I don't think I can do everything by myself but I am definitely capable of taking charge to at least organise and control the planning. Though, I don't believe I can say my strong suit is being organised because nobody is a hundred percent organised. However, I definitely do try my best. Overtime I have been working on this, using school as an example, with me coming back to school and planning assignments and organising due dates. Luckily, I don't go to school every day of the week so I have a ton of free time to work and do stuff that spark my interest.

1696333796982.png

CLUB INFORMATION
"If they think you care, they'll walk all over you."

What is your motivation for becoming the new leader of this club
:
I won't lie when I say I have had my eye on becoming a club-leader for some time now; not to mention I have been watching a unhealthy amount of SUITS recently - the inspiration for debate club, of course. Fortunately, I have taken it upon myself to send in this application, after all, what was holding me back? Sure, I have taken a few breaks from SchoolRP here and there but whilst on my time off, I have re-evaluated my activity and engagement with the community and what I could have done different to stay connected with the server and the other members of SchoolRP. Which introduced my main reason why I am currently applying, engagement. Over time I had realised how many opportunities I gave up on because of the nerves, which I am now regretting knowing that I could have had so many more chances to be connected with the server and the other players. Apparently the perfect opportunity has come to me as I recognised the debate club had no leader, I've never won a professional debate, nor have I ever been in one but the topic has always interested me so I had to jump on the internet and do my research so I can make my interests a reality.

What activities and events will this club do?:
CLUB EVENTSSCHOOL WIDE EVENTS
Fortnightly (Friendly) Fights

Setting & Explanation:
Self explanatory. Two members are selected by an wheel spin, they're given a week to prepare arguments, evidence, and the facts of a topic decided by the club leader. They face off in a friendly debate at a selected time arranged with a crowd and an unbiased judge. To ensure participation and involvement prizes will be given based on the amount of points earned during the debate. Prizes will be arranged within the higher-up team upon acceptance.

Planning & Execution:
The wheel spin will be kept up to date, eliminating the club members after they've been chosen to make sure every gets a fair chance to participate in the debates. The debates will be hosted in the club room which l
Courtroom Mock Trial

Setting & Explanation:
Picture this, a large courtroom set placed on the stage gymnasium. Photo booth and information desks scattered around the gymnasium. There will be photo booths of crime scenes where students can take photos and act as the victims, as well as photo booths for students who want to act as suspects to take mug shots. We will hire photographers to take screenshots which we will later on use in the courtroom set. Maybe even try to get some police-officers and lawyers to come out to make these seem like a reality. Information booths will be used to find out what is happening in the event and what the mock trial is about and giving them a little insight to what the main event is about.

Later on, after a good 20 - 30 minutes of photo booth and informational gatherings, the main event will begin at the big attraction on stage, the courtroom set. The debaters from the club will be split into two teams on the case. As well as students who were picked prior to the event to play as witnesses, victims, suspects as well as lawyers, defense attorneys and of course the judge who will be played by a club-higher-up. The audience will be used as the jury, who we will go back and forth with them to find who they think is the real culprit of the case. The whole event would go for about 1 - 2 hours. The mock trial will definitely be short to keep the students occupied.

To make this a little more fun, not all of the characters will be pre-planned. A few school students will be called up to the stand to do their bidding and help find the culprit. As well as having clues hidden around the gym to hint towards who is the murderer which students can use to guess and find the culprit. Maybe, if this isn't too much of a hassle, the first 10 players who figure it out are able to win a prize.

Planning & Execution
In the event announcement, there will be a linked form for people to sign up as the victims, witnesses, etc. The people who will be accepted will be people who have a good reputation and are definitely able to make it. We will also cast backups just in case. Now that we have our cast, they will be sent documents which include information to what the case is about, talking points and how to act. We will be looking for genuinely interested and people who are ready to enjoy this event. I am planning to use the forums to excuse any interruptions and trolling mid-event if we called up randoms to the stage. With the information they are giving, we will host a rehearsal prior to the actual event to go over everything, however they have the option to completely free ball it to make it fun and quick-witted.

This idea definitely seems scary on paper, but I definitely believe it'll be a hit with all the courtroom cases that get a ton of viewing when hosted in the town hall. Trust me, a lot of planning will go into this event and I will make sure of it.

Doubles Debates

Setting & Explanation:
A debating stage, podiums and all the assortments of gear which is needed to pull this off will be placed in the gymnasium. Multiple of them in-fact to ensure this event is definitely busy. There will be 24 pairs who battle within three rounds in this knock-out tournament. Club members will be placed around the gym to make sure this event sails smoothly. This event is a lot more simple and is definitely more casual then the others.

Planning & Execution:
There will be no pre-planning, you just have to show up with a pair and we will put your name down! I assume there wouldn't be TOO many participants however, if there is, we will just continue on for a further a mount of time as long as they're okay waiting.

1696336002183.png

Prizes & Post-Event
1st Place [Round 1, 2 & 3]
- 50k each or 1 skin each

2nd Place [Round 1, 2 & 3]
- 25k each

How will the club benefit the School?:
Debate club could definitely be beneficial if people view it in the correct way. One debate goes a long way. Picture this, a school debate tournament is held, the school board and committee come to just have a cup of coffee and hang out. And partially watch some kids argue and not have to butt in. But that's not the point! The realise, oh! These kids have somewhat decent ideas? A student-committee who's job it is to stock books in the library or.. clean the toilets! That's some of their worries taken off the shoulders. Or even as simple as mandatory dress codes. Which, god forbid we get. I am sure Sophie won't let that debate topic through. There are a ton of decent debates that could be changing the face of the school! In addition, the town could also benefit. How good would "Debate Club Manager" look on some kid's resume when applying to become a lawyer? Who knows! Cindy over there from debate club.. yeah! The weird one who reads books all day. Shes the Mayor in the next decade and we don't even know it yet.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:
Assuming you're applying for debate club because your character is a strong, well spoken and quick on their feet, type of gal' .. or guy! You should have no problem, however it will come down to you're OOC history, SchoolRP reputation, activity and generally being a well-rounded person. Sure, we are all about arguments, but this isn't drama club.

Any further questions, shoot me a DM.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, I have decided to deny this application due to the following:

- I disband the current debate club due to its lack of conceptual prowess, please feel free to reapply using the examples in this application using the New Club Application format.

If you have any questions, please contact @Customable on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread