Status
Not open for further replies.

Jexica

Level 28
OOC Section

-IGN: Joobii - However I will be changing it soon
-Role in School Council: N/A - I am applying to be a Councillor
-Expected activity (out of ten): 7
-RL Age (note that it does not matter how old you are): 12 - I will be turning 13 in June
-Previous Applications: N/A
-Motivation for joining: I have seen issues, and heard people complaining about certain problems that could be solved, and I would love to help the school community and make it happier, even if I am just one person that can make a small difference.

-What is the School Council?: The School Council is a group of select students who, through application, represent the school in important decisions, and debate whether or not an idea or change is appropriate.They do this through frequent meetings.
-What happens in the School Council?: There are different roles, and with each role comes a different responsibility. There are meetings which are organised at certain times, which if you are available you must attend. During said meetings, the council will discuss different topics are prioritize them in importance for the good of the school.

Scenario Section

-You are a councillor, the chairman submits an awful idea, what do you do?: I will wait until the end of the meeting, and to prevent controversy or arguments, cautiously suggest ways to adapt the idea. If that fails, I will ask my fellow councillors what they think of the idea and how it will affect the school.

-You submit a idea, everyone hates it, how do you react?: I will ask them why they hate it, and how they suggest they change it so that everyone is more content and so that a compromise will be found.

-You have become the school president, what is your first speech: "Thank you everyone for this amazing opportunity! I will work my hardest to help our community; however I am a student just like you, and I will make mistakes. Hopefully, we can all learn from these mistakes and work together happily. I would like to thank you all again for letting me become school president."

-You fail to attend 5 meetings with the school council, how do you apologize?: I will apologise profusely and ask a fellow council member for notes and ideas that I missed. However, I must accept the consequences of my actions responsibly. I will personally apologise to the president for letting them down.

-You are being removed from your position, how do you react?: I will ask why I am being removed from my position. If it is a valid reason, I will accept graciously and apologise if it is my fault. If it is not a valid reason in my opinion, I will ask why that is the reason. However, I will help them find a suitable replacement if needed.

IC Section

-You are writing a letter to the school principal, how do you convince him to let you be this role?:
Dear Principal,
Hello, I am writing to you to ask whether or not you may permit me to take on the role of Councillor in the school council. I am aware it is a role which demands responsibility, efficiency and discipline; I believe I am ready for this role and that the council may benefit from another member, another point of view and another potential opinion for the wellfare of the school. I would like to commit myself to helping our school community become an even more pleasant place for students. I understand that, as a Councillor, my suggestions are seen as a first draft that may and will be changed along the line. I am completely happy with this, as long as it will somehow be used. If I am accepted, I aim to become a valued member of the council, who helps others when needed; I am not afraid of asking for help either, when needed.
Nevertheless, I am aware that I am not one of the best candidates for this position; there are many more well known people than me as I joined in early October, but I feel as if I know the school already.Thank you very much for your time to read this letter, I will respect whatever decision you come to.

Sincerely signed,
Dalia J. Grace

Last edited:

Thiriston

Level 21
Denied
Unfortunately all of the slots are taken up except for the council president. This application is not up to the standard of the council president, so, I'll have to deny this.

PM if you have any questions regarding this application
Re-apply in 7 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread