Denied DetailRP's Receptionist Application

Mikoism

Level 0
What is your Minecraft username?:
DetailRP

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
DetailRP#9162

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?):
I haven’t been banned before and I hope I never get banned in the future.

What is your timezone?:
Eastern Standard Time; EST

Describe your activity on the server:
I am usually hanging around my family’s apartment IC'ly for around 4-6 hours a day sometimes less sometimes more. Im still on pretty much every day, barely active I would say. I don't do much but I do have fun just roleplaying with them.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes of course!

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Receptionist.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A Receptionist is the first person you see when you walk into the front doors of a School. They are there to give you directions to any place you will need as well as help you out with any needs from in or outside the school. They are there to communicate with students and also report any issues seen or heard to the necessary person that is needed to be alerted.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
So far my experience on the server has been me walking around as a regular law abiding citizen, and getting into small RolePlays with friends and random people. I mentioned that I love DetailRP as my name suggests as well, because it makes your actions more live instead of cramming it all into one quick sentence.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
N/A

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
My character would first try calming the student, trying to talk to them and ask why they are cursing before asking them to nicely stop. If the student did not stop Amari would ask the student for their name before calling a teacher to come deal with the student while he kept talking to them until the teacher arrived as Amari had students that might’ve been waiting. If the student was to come back he would give them detention and inform a Vice Principal or the Principal about the encounter.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Amari would’ve walked towards the students, before trying to pull one of the students away and stepping in between them. Depending on the severity if it was just a minor fight and they stopped and went their separate ways, he would give the students a verbal warning and let them go. If the students did not stop fighting or kept yelling and swearing, Amari would tell both the students to stop, telling them detention was a possibility if they did not listen, and if they didn’t listen he would ask the students names and tell them they had detention, before making them walk in different directions.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
He would get nervous, informing the other employee that whatever they were doing was unsafe and trying to talk them out of it. He would try pulling them back but not to hurt them, just to make sure they didn't go off and do what they were trying to do before. After school he would tell the principal about the situation and would let them handle it as he returned back to his job the next day.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Amari was never one to drink coffee, but Amari would start making some coffee and creating small talk with the other employees to try and make new friends. He would push in a few jokes and talk about how his day was but still keeping himself professional and being mature. His attitude would’ve been composed along with his tone.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Amari reached over to the small mug, pulling out a ballpoint pen and clicking it, before pulling a piece of paper off a notepad and writing down the instructions of where to go along with the room number, before handing it to the student and giving them a friendly smile with a wave as they walked away.

/me Amari greeted the student kindly, nodding and awaiting for what the student had to say as he grabbed his bottle of water, uncapping it and drinking it whilst listening to the student before screwing the cap back on and setting it aside and speaking.

/me Amari frowned at the student that had been in front of the desking yelling, as he started to reach over and grab his phone and scrolling through the numbers list that was labeled “School Staff” as he pressed on a name, dialing and awaiting a response from the number.

In-Character Section:

Full Name:
Amari Kojuro

Age (Minimum age is 25):

Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss):
Mr.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Managment

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Communication Management and Business

Minors:
Teaching

Backstory:
Amari was born in Karakura, Japan as an only child but excited and very restricted from the outside world. He grew up with a Black father and a Japanese mother that took care of him well. His time was mostly spent in his room due to his mother’s strict set of rules, but he didn’t mind it. Amari’s mother was very encouraging, alongside his dad and they both wished the best for him. His parents ended up moving away when Amari turned 17, left in his own apartment that rent had been done within a few days. He was kicked out, selling the rest of his items but he still kept a smile on his face, knowing things would get better. A few days later Amari had to go to the hospital, he had broken his leg from falling off a high branch, where in the hospital he had been adopted by his new found father. His new father was very busy, but he went to see him whenever he could. Amari was always wandering around, but in the campus he sat at the gates usually. At the gates he then met his new set of friends that helped him but he also spread his happiness too. They all were very close and Amari would stay over at their house sometimes for study sessions. After being kicked out of his apartment a month prior, he had been using the library to study everyday he got, learning about how to teach but also how to communicate. After High School, Amari went on to enlist into college, where he spent 6 years Majoring in Communication Management, and gaining a Minor in Teaching. After graduating college, he now had his Bachelor's Degree. Amari thought about what he wanted to do, he always wanted to be a Private Tutor, but thinking deeper he realised that a student sees the Receptionist when they first walk in the door. Wasting no time, Amari applied to become a Receptionist, eagerly waiting and becoming nervous at the thought of his application being criticized. In the meantime, Amari sat at his friends house, talking to them all the time about his application and telling them how excited yet nervous he was, as they calmed his nerves.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Amari was always so interested in knowledge although he sometimes lacked motivation, he pushed through anyways. He wanted to help others gain the same passion as him and help students out, even if it’s just a little bit. His eyes were set on becoming a Private Tutor, but he began to think that a Receptionist is the first thing that a student sees when they walk in the front doors of a school. If they are greeted with smiles and kindness that might impact their day and make them happy as well.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I am a very understanding person, and I am a very calm person overall and my character is the same as well. I try to manage things to give me enough time to do things but as well as get other important things done too. I am very active on the server, usually daily but sometimes I am not online. Although I would be new to the system, I learn very quickly and I would be able to impress within a week if not a month of gaining my role.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your School Employee application won't be accepted today.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread