Disallow appartment/housing reselling

Lizalopod

Level 130
IGN:
GemiLightning
DATE:
Jan 7th 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I would like to suggest making it illegal to buy and then resell apartments and housing for exorbitant prices, or atleast introduce some kind of regulations on it.

Currently, the most a housing area will go for is 300k a month. Then you have people selling penthouses (that have a 100k rent) for 4 million yen, maybe even more. Or regular apartments that go for 50k a month being sold for 800k (not to mention you them have to pay for rent)

This behavior was apparent back when Appartment H released. Tons of people bought apartments for the sole purpose of reselling them for dumb high prices. Same I believe was happening with the new houses.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I feel like if this practice is outlawed or moderated, it would be easier to get your hands on an apartment for a reasonable price, especially for newer players who may actually need it.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

So many people buy an apartment for like 50k and suddenly it's priced at 2.2 million. When the new apartments were released, I heard people talking about how they have 5 and they're selling them for 500k each. That's just not acceptable, and already against the rules in one aspect.

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
but there must be a reason why this is not a thing yet
No reason AFAIK, it could be implemented.

You can only have one apartment per person (not per account), if you want to use that to make money that's fine in my eyes. I have been able to switch my apartment three times without paying anything more than the rent, just because I check if any apartments are about to expire. I don't know if I've just gotten immensely lucky, but in my experience, if you want an apartment it isn't all that difficult to get.
Of course, if someone buys multiple apartments on alts that's against the rules and should be punished.

Naishoten

Level 40
Naishoten
Naishoten
Omega
+1
I got lucky that I was the only person that knew this apartment was expiring when I bought it.

At the very least there should be regulations put into place rather than someone making 2 mill of an apartment resell.

Lizalopod

Level 130
No reason AFAIK, it could be implemented.

You can only have one apartment per person (not per account), if you want to use that to make money that's fine in my eyes. I have been able to switch my apartment three times without paying anything more than the rent, just because I check if any apartments are about to expire. I don't know if I've just gotten immensely lucky, but in my experience, if you want an apartment it isn't all that difficult to get.
Of course, if someone buys multiple apartments on alts that's against the rules and should be punished.
Getting regular apartments are currently easier, but in terms of houses and apartments, it's stupidly difficult. And it really doesn't help that there's people who will camp out penthouses and stuff just to resell them for ridiculous amounts of money, I've heard of some going for over 4 million, 4 million for the privilege of being able to rent a penthouse.

Plus I don't think it really makes sense icly aswell, since people rent housing, they don't actually own it. Would it be allowed irl to sell the rights to buy a property a bank is selling?

CecilThePotato

Level 4
CecilThePotato
CecilThePotato
Omega
Mega +1 on this I’ve seen the houses start to sell for 4 mil already and yea I can understand your not just paying for the spot because of the limited number of them but whole hell it’s unbelievable sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread