Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: DarkEclipic
What's the title of your suggestion?: Discord: HD School Faculty Additions

What's your suggestion?:
This is something that maybe some of the other school faculty and I have seen within Discord itself. Currently, the bot that was giving the High school Role and College Role NO LONGER exists within the server. Below are some suggestions that can solve this issue!
(Might I add, currently ONLY SLT are able to give out said roles)

1. Add a new bot to give the Highschool/College Role to players on the discord.
This can be an addition to either the Roleplay Hub Bot or SchoolRP Bot can handle if it's programmed that way.

2. Give HDs(Employees, Teachers, Professors) the ability to give out the HS/College Roles on the discord.
Yes, I know that some people might ABUSE this but at the end of the day. If a Faculty Member is an HD, they are trustworthy enough to handle the faction ON THEIR OWN within reason. They are already trustworthy enough to give introductions and training to those who are new to their department.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
SLT are already busy enough with being staff members and being humans, The School Faction AS A WHOLE is already a large faction(Roughly coming to about 100 Faculty members IF ALL THREE FACTIONS ARE FULL, das a lot of people). Allow us, HDs, to take some of that responsibility!

I know the bot is either a WIP when it comes to reaction roles or allow the ability to let HDs handle the giving of the role until the reaction roles are finished(If the faction is FULL, there can be up to 23 HDs, but currently there are around 12 HDs as of making this suggestion)

EDIT: 07/22/2024
Might I add, discords like CRIME Discord. The BMD are able to give out roles such as Criminal/VG/Fight Club/Etc. So, my suggestion is to EITHER fix the bot or allow HDs to give out said roles until the bot is fixed.

(please ignore if spelling or anything is off, im tired)

Last edited:

Ocean Man

Level 50
yareyaredazey
yareyaredazey
Notable
+1
As someone who's been HD 3 times, this would really help out the hard work that we've done to earn this role.

soratheonly

Level 82
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
Although I feel like this could make getting HD harder, I do think it would help the help channel (academics) run a lot smoother

ny00m

Level 29
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
I'm not a discord mod or anything so I may be wrong but I don't think you can give someone the ability to only give a specific role to others, and if that's the case HDs would need permission to manage roles altogether. I would not give any sort of managerial role to anyone that wasn't a staff member.

It would also extend a HD's mainly ic responsibilities to ooc ones, that being watching the help channel for people asking for roles.

meloqzn

Level 8
meloqzn
meloqzn
Fundraiser+
Sure HDs are trusted but I still think giving them the responsibility is too much.

Adding the bot/fixing the bot is good enough.

DarkEclipic

Level 187
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Suggestion updated!

Added a edited section at the end of the post explaining my reasons a bit more.

philbertman42

Level 146
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Giving non-staff access to special permissions in official servers seems a bit unsafe, even if it is a (mostly) meaningless role. It'd be more worthwhile to simply fix the bot.

imgayforwomen

Level 113
downbadforeilish
downbadforeilish
Notable
Just add a new bot. It’s been so long since MEE6 went down, there’s no way that amount of time hasn’t been enough for you guys to switch to a new management bot.

twinkdragon

Level 18
The_twnk_dragon
The_twnk_dragon
Omega+
-1 I just feel like it's not really a big deal, and would need 5 minutes to fix.

However if the suggestion was around giving role of model student role I'd be so for it xD

Latte

Level 198
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
-1 to giving the role. I understand the idea, and as a team member do truly appreciate the thought, but its going to be abused, its not a might. Somebody will accidentally give the wrong role because they don't know if a captain AND faction lead had verified the player should be on the team. Some players send in their role requests before the captains are even given the go ahead, and it's possible for a HD to jump the gun and give the role accidentally because they aren't in the loop. Also with not being in the loop, I feel like it's overstepping for professors/teachers or any employee faction to deal with sports or council or any student related faction, as its literally not apart of the job. I've been both a teacher and professor, each for a collective of over 5 months individually. If anything, captains should be given the privilege to give the roles but this alone is kind of a hit or miss in itself. Yes, SLT are busy, but we have. . 7? Also, asking for a role should be fine in help channels now and forever considering the bot doesn't work/has been known to stop working.

KimiNoUso

Level 348
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We're going to fix the role system soon, in the meantime, we'll make these roles self-roles through discord which you can give yourself.​

Users who are viewing this thread