Discourage / Outlaw marriage between teenagers

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
based, but +1
everything i have ever said was extremely based

The youngest average first marriage age in the world is 19.2 in Chad, Karakura's average first marriage age is below that. Karakura is less progressive than Chad

Allow me to now support my point with real-world arguments that are completely unrelated to SchoolRP and hold no meaning.
A young first marriage age is indicative in most areas of a region that is behind on gender progressiveness. By entering matrimony at that age, neither partner has the experience necessary for surviving in the real world, or unlikely has the ability to identify a bad companion. This results in a higher than average level of domestic violence, abuse, or premature death. It also restricts the ability for either partner to pursue higher education, as the partners need to pay for living together and all that stuff.

Additionally, the Japanese school year ends in late March. This means that somebody born on January 1st will have less than 3 months to be married before they graduate. Seems logical

+1 Ignoring my irrelevant points, 18 year olds should not be getting married en-masse.
i wish everybody explored their characters as deeply as this pro argument

Hamburger

Level 184
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I don't know if you're talking about general relationships or straight up marriage.

I honestly do not mind relationships between highschool people, because it's pretty normal in real life. But I could see your point of view if you're saying marriage and people are getting married, while they are in highschool.

xiiineso

Level 2
I don't know if you're talking about general relationships or straight up marriage.

I honestly do not mind relationships between highschool people, because it's pretty normal in real life. But I could see your point of view if you're saying marriage and people are getting married, while they are in highschool.
I think the thread is clearly about marriage.

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
+1

I've been saying this for ages! People tend to marry and decide to have children WHILE at 18.
I believe it's completely reasonable that 20 be the age to marry.
and this too, the age of majority is 20.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1

I know of a ton of 18 year olds that have already had several children, (which makes no sense) it's really ridiculous.
Which is now against the new rules, so they can no longer do this.

But anyway, it is said that a woman can marry at the age of 16 and a man can marry at the age of 18, in JAPAN [ with parental permission as mentioned in the comment above]. Just stating that and I'm not sure if SRP is going along with that, but I really do not mind this, seeing that it makes me kind of cringe.

+1

AdventureApollo

Level 5
AdventureApollo
AdventureApollo
Fundraiser+
wait a damn minute, my stupid ranting aside. Some people are bringing up good bloody points

Age of majority of 20-years-old.
That means that you are considered a minor if you are under that age and cannot legally give consent to being married.
There are some countries that allow adults to permit their children to marry early, but otherwise, it's non-consensual marriage. Considering that most players don't have played parents and it is against the rules to create throwaway characters (4.6), these nonexistent parents cannot legally give consent irp to the marriage. Due to one, they must not be a throwaway character without any time invested or depth, and two, they must have an adult tag as they must be old enough to be able to have kids. (4.5d)

There's no good reason why 90% of these marriages should be allowed legally, as they are in clear violation of the law without the consent of their parents. (Which is impossible to acquire unless they are played.)

Oh, and ban marriages that do get parental consent, they're just weird and shouldn't exist in such large numbers. There's a 1/16th chance that the couple would even be both 18 (with random birthdays) before the end of the final Japanese school year in late March.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback.

- This would only further restrict roleplay which is something we generally avoid doing & Would also be very difficult to moderate.

Users who are viewing this thread