anders

Level 12
diskou
diskou
Omega
Diskou | Event Team Application

IGN:
diskou
(other accounts: JEZINKY, andersu, TIKIBOMBOM, and ZittiEBuoni)

Describe your activity and potential punishment history as a player of the server:
I had initially joined SchoolRP in March of 2020, a consequence of my boredom with the unprecedented amount of free time I had found myself with. While of course, as a new player, I had my growing pains, I found myself wanting to remain on SchoolRP. A few weeks after I had joined, I did receive a thirty day ban, a consequence of my poor understanding of server rules. The punishment was understandable, and I understand why it was given and have since reviewed the rules and have not had any subsequent punishments.
My activity began to greatly ramp up in October of 2020, where I had initially joined to continue roleplaying as a high school student, which is the route most players prefer to go. However, I made the decision to join my first faction, EMS, in December of the same year. I maintained my position in EMS until the beginning of May 2021. The following month, I became a teacher, a position I held until October 2021. In October 2021 I applied, and got accepted, to join the student council, which is my first faction within the school. My most recent change was my acceptance into the recently revamped journalist faction, which I was accepted to in late December of 2021. In March of 2022 I chose to take a temporary step back from SchoolRP, thus resigning from my roles. As of now, I am back on the server and I am increasing activity because I now have access to the most free time I have ever had.

Please provide any previous applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
English Teacher [Accepted]
Psychiatrist (Return) [Accepted]
High School Council [Accepted]
Shopkeeper [Denied]
Police [Denied]
Reporter [Accepted]
Police [Accepted]

Psychiatrist (Recent) [Pending]

Provide your Discord (REQUIRED) and confirm if you have a microphone:
anders!#4274, and I do have a microphone that can be used at any time necessary.

What is your timezone and country of residence?:
My timezone is MST, and I currently reside in the United States for the majority of the year.

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?
Absolutely. Events keep the playerbase of SchoolRP engaged and interested, so members of the event team need to be active in order to fulfill their needs.

What previous experience do you have working in a team that would outshine other applicants?:
I have had a substantial amount of experience both in the server and out of the server with working in a team. I would like to consider myself a team player because the confluence of ideas creates a stronger end product. While on the server, I have found myself seeking out opportunities to work within a team nonstop, as is evident in my application resume. I am familiar, to various extents, on how different teams function, and the variability that comes with teams containing different personalities and communication styles. While I find myself particularly proud of my time in EMS because I managed to remain engaged and work as an active member of the psychiatry department, the work I did in the student council is likely the most relevant to the work that is done on the event team. While on the student council, a positive I held for about five months I was involved in the organization and execution of various events that occurred within the school. During my time on the student council I became especially familiar with the event planning process and how meetings functioned via Discord. Aside from my time on EMS and the student council, I also worked as a reporter, which often worked alongside the event team because journalists would report on events that occurred. While I was only a reporter for about three months, I particularly enjoyed the amount of communication that occurred between team members, and how no one was afraid of compromise and sharing ideas. I have also worked as a teacher and a member of the KPD, the first of which is where I met a large portion of my friends on the server. The greatest benefit to working on a team is the ability to create lasting bonds and connections while working together to create something great.
Outside of the server, I have engaged in many responsibilities that helped me develop skills that may be useful on the server. Firstly, at my part-time job, I work as a shift-lead where I am tasked with working alongside all of my coworkers, but also delegating my peers as needed. I learned skills of leadership and collaboration on all kinds of projects. At my university, I am a member of my school's programming and activities board, which organizes events on campus. I have learned very practical and important skills in working within large and small teams to create events catered towards large groups of people. In the PAB, we learn how to appeal to large groups of people, and how we can apply these appeals to large-scale events. Working at my school’s PAB is what encouraged me to join the event team, because I want to be able to be heavily involved in the server and use the skills I am learning and have already learned.

Are you currently part of any Community Team? If so, which one and do you think you are able to manage your activity in both?
I am not currently a member of any other community team. I would like to ensure I am always working within my limits, so I solely intend to engage in the event team for the time being. I do not want to sacrifice any vital time, especially because members of the event team need to remain engaged and active.

Please provide three (3) event suggestions which would work for our server:

FELLING INCIDENT
“Felling,” an element of logging in which trees are cut down, is a common activity among campers to retrieve wood. While a common practice, anything could go wrong.
On a crisp winter night, a group of campers in Ochiba forest, finding themselves out of firewood, choose to cut down a nearby tree to scavenge for firewood. The campers, however, are inexperienced and unaware of typical felling procedures, and as their tree victim collapses, it falls over a row of cabins, demolishing the roofs of the structures. As is typical within Karakura, news of the breach spreads quick, and people arrive in droves to gawk at the incident. However, as citizens explore the dangerous buildings, secrets are uncovered. . .
The secrets found are up for discussion, and I intentionally leave this open ended because I want a mix of ideas for the flash event. However, several ideas I personally have are the discovery of artifacts within an attic, perhaps the corpse of a missing person, of evidence that may prove local folklore. If the impacts of the event are to be short-term, the original structures may revert back to normal the following day, with the nearby tree being reverted to a stump. However, leaving the tree over the cabins remains an option, encouraging exploration and potentially an opening for revamping of the area.

Event
Without prior warning, those online will view the following message: [Event Broadcast | SchoolRP] || ‘KRRRRASHH!’ A dramatic noise, similar to the destruction of lumber, echoes throughout Karakura. But where could it be from?
Following the announcement, involved members of the lore team would exit the forest, breaking the news to the people in Karakura in a panic. Additionally, users on Ikigai would post about the incident as another means of getting the news out to players. Eventually, all players online may receive a message from an official source, sent out via /event but appearing as a text message, informing residents to avoid the area. Of course, in typical Karakura form, everyone would likely flood toward the area.

Who?
Selected members of the event team, and if necessary, members of the build team. Additionally, members of lore team could be involved to tie into certain parts of the server’s lore.

What is Needed?
At minimum, access to creative mode or build team members.

Where?
The event would be contained within Ochiba forest, specifically the area containing cabins,

When?
The event could occur at any time, and would last an hour or two at most, since it is a flash event.

WEEKEND DAYGER
When is the best time for the party of a lifetime? While the common consensus tends to agree that the evening is the best time for a party, certain party animals may argue there is never a bad time to party. These individuals, who most certainly would be members of a fraternity, in the absence of an opportunity to get “lit” and “sloshed” at noon on a Saturday begin to plot a “dayger” or a daytime rager. Word spreads fast, as relayed on the official discord, and soon everyone in Karakura is aware of the event. In preparation, the section of Karakura Avenue is barricaded off, devoting the entire road to the outdoor, daytime event. This party may very well be considered the party of a lifetime, with alcohol being sold, major personalities of Karakura being in attendance, and a live DJ.

Event
This event would be announced prior through all relevant discord servers with the event broadcast taking place on the day of announcing: [Event Broadcast | SchoolRP] || For anyone planning to sleep in on this Saturday morning, their plans are immediately demolished by the sudden commencement of loud party music that can be heard from nearly any part of Karakura. Of course! Today’s Karakura’s first major day party - or darty - or dayger - or. . . Whatever. The north side of Karakura Avenue, as advertised on all the fliers, is the site of the party. Come on down.

Who?
Of course, members of the lore team, who would likely serve as DJs and salespeople of alcohol during the party would be present. Additionally, however, members of sports teams, many of whom live along Karakura Avenue, should be involved, seeing as the event is fraternity-adjacent, and various personalities could help further the party’s realism and roleplay experience. Involved people can also engage in various antics to keep people engaged and interested.

What is Needed?
The needed section of Karakura would need to be fenced off to prevent cars from driving through the road, which is an easy build. Additionally, booths for alcohol sales and the DJ would be needed. Other small details, such as decor, could be added as well for further immersion.

Where?
The entirety of the event would take place on the north end of Karakura Avenue.

When?
This event can take place at any time, but with notice prior. The event may last several hours, and will essentially conclude once people lose interest.

TIME TRAVEL
In an alternate timeline much like our own, where everything, including all happenings and characters remain the same as they are in our timeline, a time machine suddenly appears. This time machine takes residents of Karakura five-hundred years into the future, exploring a new, futuristic, and somewhat apocalyptic version of Karakura. In this futuristic world, players are able to explore a new side of Karakura, while protecting themselves from attackers in the absence of a functional police force.

Event
Seeing as this is a large-scale alternate reality event, this would require a lot of preparation prior, and would be announced on the Discord and be held on the designated event server. As a result, the /event command would simply remind online players of the event, and implore them to join the event server.

Who?
Because this event is a relatively large-scale, dramatic event, preparation would need to be done weeks in advance. Members of the build team would need to be utilized in order to construct a futuristic, yet apocalyptic version of Karakura. All necessary members of staff that would enable the commencement of such a large project would also be necessary to ensure the event runs smoothly and is enjoyable for players.

What is Needed?
A map, which could be constructed using the current map as a base, would need to be created in order to create the new event map. Additionally, seeing as it is an alternate reality map, other features, such as placing weapons around the map, could also be done to provide some direction to players participating in the event,

Where?
The event would be on the separate event server due to its size and the fact it is based on an alternate reality.

When?
The event would need to take place after all preparation is complete, which could require several weeks of planning and building. Preferably, this event would take place on a highly desirable date of players, perhaps over the summer months. This event would likely last 2+ hours, and would end once players lose interest.

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
PENDING

- We are very impressed with the organization and detail of this application, and that's why we want to give you a chance to make your events more unique. Some of them we think that they great events but most are either already something we do frequently or not interesting for the community.
- Thank you for taking the time to apply and we will review this application again soon.
- If you change your mind and no longer wish to be part of the event team change the title to REMOVE so we can deny this application.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Denied

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for Event Team! But compared to the other applicants, unfortunately, I've chosen to deny this application.
- You have great ideas as said in my previous response, but seems like you are no longer an active player of our community (2 months of inactivity).

Users who are viewing this thread