Level 51
Builder
Lore Team
DivingBlues Lore Team Application

IGN:
DivingBlues

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
Diving#5539

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes I have a microphone and it's fully functioning.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
Australia - AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

I haven’t applied before.

Do you recognise you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I’m aware that this can happen.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Currently the main thing that obstructs my time being there with my development or progress for the Lore Team mainly in time would be my school. Currently I’m coming into my senior years in school and therefore is making my life a lot busier. Although I do have my school that’s blocking me most of the time for 6 hours during a weekday, I find I rarely get homework and therefore most of my time is free after school hours and on the weekends.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

From a young age I always enjoyed writing about random things, I never really thought of much and just wrote a story about some fantasy themed thing. It was random and the stories made no sense. After a lot of working and extra curricular writing back in my first years of High school I started to find a close connection and love for writing. The stories would come to my head and I’d just start writing them down before going back over and editing them, changing parts, adding parts. Since I started SRP I've started writing a lot more, from backstories to descriptions and even immense DetailRP, and I can never seem to not get enough and stop writing. Recently this year I’ve become really close and interested in writing because of this I wanted to be able to start and expand my interests and get back into lore writing. Writing is a freedom thing for me and it allows me to expand on what I can do and write, share stories and be able to express myself through these stories and characters.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Since I’ve had discord I have been in and out of writing, one of my most major lore writing experiences for me was back in an old server. I had applied for builder there when they asked if people would be willing to fill in for positions in lore. I put my hand up unsure about it and ever since have not stopped applying or trying to get into lore positions. In person I signed up for an extra curricular subject on creative writing. The aim of the program was to get students into creative writing and to create a picture book for young kids. I’d joined in on the subject and found that people seemed to really enjoy the crazy book I’d written. Only recently I signed up for another extra curricular creative writing subject. This was aimed to enhance the students skills in creative writing and be able to work on a theme to create a 15 paged book. I’ve recently finished the course and taken what I've learned into my personal writing.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is behind the senses work of writing, giving a character or place depth and a story as to why, what, how and where it comes from. It gives people the ability to imagine what had happened at the time back then, why this world or place was created, how it was formed, maybe magic or to basic build up and why it had come to be this way. Lore is the history and story behind a place, person or thing and how it defines and shows the interesting features and parts in a place.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES​
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Prompt 1
(650 words)
Rini Yamada Kōraru’s experience teaching.
2 years ago Rini had moved to Karakura to live alongside the rest of her siblings. After a challenging start she’d managed to get a small place for herself and applied for a job at Karakura High. She’d always been interested in Physical aspects of life as well as Acting and Drama from a young age as a kid. She wished to pursue her dreams in becoming a teacher from a young age. Rini 2 weeks after applying for the job had been accepted into the team, working hard she excelled through her training and was finally able to commence into her teaching career.

Because of the PE department being full she’d chosen to teach Graphic design though she wasn't exactly qualified for it. Spending hours at night studying and researching about the topic she was able to throw together some fun activities for the students to do in her classes. After her third day teaching another teacher reached out to her asking her if she’d be willing to swap to PE. Rini, determined to become a PE teacher, was delighted to be moved and after a lot of paperwork and chatting was swapped to the PE department.

While teaching PE she’d seen things she’d never thought students would ever do, commonly she found the students and some school staff at Karakura were quite weird or some that was quite daring. On multiple occasions she’d caught students trying to stupid things or her fellow coullegues saying unsural or weird things. However she tried her best not to question what exactly they were doing.

Being of her height and looks most students didn't take her very seriously thus her classes had become quite chaotic and hard to control on her own sometimes. After a horrendous field trip up to one of the hiking mountains to do some climbing activities, Rini politely requested that she would have assistance when she was to do field trips to any places in general. She found students commonly saw her as nothing more than a weak teacher who was unable to control the class. Because of her failure to have full control over the classes Rini would commonly go home and sit at her desk alone for hours trying to invent ways to keep the students well behaved in her classes. One of her most useful and well known ideas was to tell the students to sit in a corner with their back to the class. And while some found it quite childish she’d found it effective and students tended to never do it again.

“You all are going to quiet down please and stay seated in your chairs, if you fail to listen I’ll be sending you to the corner”

2 years into her teaching she started to take control of her life outside of Karakura High, after her long hours spent working she was able to finally get enough money to buy a small pent house on the top floor. While it was rather cramped she’d found there was enough room for her and her pet birds. However when she’d started adopting kids into her family she started to find that the small pent wasn't enough and had moved out into a larger one at the cost of her working more often.

Growing tired and idealess on her P.E classes she contacted SLT to be moved to another department and while they didn't say much at first they then accepted her request and she moved to the Performing arts department where her creativity flowed and she created fun games for the students to get involved in. Her courage and commitment to her job at Karakura high soon paid off and she gained back her Head of Department rank under the PA department. Working countless hours out of school and in school to create fun and interesting classes for the students to engage in.

Prompt 2 (743 words)
Ruby and Sapphire Gods.
Long ago two gods created the resting place in Karakura. After years of work the god fought for the abundance of land to create their home, over millennia the gods bind themselves to stone and with their magic. The stones became gems resting peacefully on top of the mountains overlooking Karakura. A small clan of individuals has called this place home, written in the ancient cave walls they told the stories about two gods and their battles against each other. Folklore said the gods when creating these lands eventually came to rest on the two tallest peaks of Karakura leaving nothing in their traces, however they had blessed these lands to be protected from evil and abundant in life and mysterious creatures. The clan who resided along the coast with lush forests and open fields also faced a price to pay for their place.

Other clans grew jealous of their luxuries and futile land, before ambushing, attacking them and their possessions. The gods, while lay dormant, could feel the war that raged below them, angered by this choice they summoned large mountains to protect their lands making it impossible for the creatures and its wildlife to leave and enter the area. The people rejoiced that the gods were watching over them, protecting them from evil and the danger that lay ahead. Therefore they created a small shrine in the center of their settlement. Piling large stones atop of one another, and engraving their names and blessings they behold on each of them. Every day the people would come to these stones and do ceremonies and offerings to them to find later what they’d left was gone.

Years later a new emperor arose, civilization had changed and he was crowned the new leader. Amulous was raised to believe in the gods and the power they’d bestowed upon the land. And therefore in determination and curiosity he scaled the tallest mountain side, fighting storms and unpredictable challenges until he reached its peaks. Finding amongst the snow and its clean white coating a unique shaped sapphire gem. Its clean, precise edges carved perfectly in the shape of a dragon. It was watching over the lands his people called home. On the other peak as the sun set a blood red glow shone, reaching out to him and beckoning him to come over. In fear Amulous feld the peaks and back to his people to report his findings.

Bearing news, as Amulous returned to them explaining what he had seen. Displeased, they ignored him, thought of him as a liar telling a tale to make himself seem great. Young Asahi, curious as to what Amulous spoke of, joined with his friends forming a small scout party. They called themselves the god conquerors and scaled the mountain following exact directions the Emperor spoke of, for days. Eventually they found the gem. As it sat there shining, calling the young group over to it. It spoke to them in a whisper of wind, Asahi chose to take a small chip off to show his family that the Emperor had not lied. Because being infused with the stones over centuries of laying there dormant, the gem that was once believed a god's resting place did not react nor show itself to them yet whispered.

Excited, they made their way back down the mountain to the people and showed what Emperor Amulous had spoken of. Surprised by this great attempt, they begged the Emperor to build pathways up to the peak to praise the sapphire gem. Agreeing to it a pathway was built up to the sapphire gem, and they praised it annually doing offerings and sacrifices. As they believed it was what their ancestors had spoken about. A gem of pureness and light created when the god had rested there.

Yet the elders of the clan understood the red shine was another gem and the gem of the sapphire's enemy, they demanded the people to stay away as the stone would place a curse on them and those who’d dare go close would fall into the hands of the Kitsune. Fearful of the news, the people chose to abandon the peaks, leaving the gods alone. And its structures and temples began to age and turn into ruins. Temples and paths once well kept withered away and what was a space of praise and blessings had become a treacherous path to those who dared to face what the ancestors spoke of.

•°•⋆❀⋆•°•

Discord - Diving#5539

In Game Accounts -

DivingBlues
[R+] - [Teacher] [28] Rini Y. Kōraru

Quillstontavius [F+] - [Fox] [1] Raven / Puppy Malone

DrivingCrazy [F+] - [Duck] [1] Quillsontavius ‘Quill’ / Aflac

_CreditCardInfo [F+]- [Grade-11] [17] Yuuki R. Ukiyo / Viya Kōraru

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread