heyitsgwendy
Fundraiser
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

heyitsnotgwendy

Previous bans:

None

Describe your activity on the server?:

I am active every day on my main account for around 2-3 hours on weekdays, and I have been active for 14+ hours on weekends. I will split this activity between my main account and this account if I am accepted.

Which timezone are you in?:

EST (EDT currently)

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:

Yes, heyitsgwendy#0154

Do you have a microphone?:

Yup

List your current and past applications:

HS Student Council: [ACCEPTED]
JSL Application: [DENIED]
Russian Application: [ACCEPTED]
JSL Re-Application: [ACCEPTED]
3rd Language Authorization Application: [ACCEPTED]
Korean Language Application: [ACCEPTED]
German Language Application: [ACCEPTED]

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:

I have quite a bit of experience with DetailRP, and would consider myself pretty good at it. I enjoy creative writing, and I feel that that translates pretty well to DetailRP, and being able to give detailed, vivid descriptions of actions to breath life into the RP.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:

I think that EMS is one of the most interesting factions on the server, and I'd like to be able to contribute to continuing to make it interesting, for both members of the faction and other SRP players. I also would like to be able to help other SRP players when their characters are injured, and assist them in continuing their RP. I admittedly don't know too much about the EMS faction, since I have never had the opportunity to interact with it much, but as I said before, I find it to be one of the most interesting factions on the server, and one that I would love to be able to interact with more through being a part of it. I feel that I would benefit the team because I am a very motivated person, I work well with others, and I am online often.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):

I am applying for the Doctor role.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:

To my knowledge, doctors are in charge of treating those who come into the hospital, and ensuring they receive the best care possible. They are usually the ones who take care of patients that don’t fit into the responsibilities of surgeons or psychiatrists. This leads to them sort of being a catch-all for patients with physical injuries not requiring surgery. Doctors have quite the variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to, diagnosing patients, prescribing medication, treating general physical injuries, and reassuring patients/remaining calm in hectic situations. Doctors should be able to properly diagnose a patient’s ailments, and prescribe a suitable treatment or medication. Doctors also should be able to work well with their co-workers to ensure that any and all ailments they may be suffering from are treated to the best of their ability. This means that if they encounter a patient that requires care they are not able to provide, they would be able to reach out to a co-worker who can provide that care and get that patient the help they need. One of the most important duties for doctors, and all medical workers, is that they must always help others, and follow the hippocratic oath.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Hospital Director:
The Hospital Director is the head of the hospital, and they are in charge of ensuring every part of the hospital continues running smoothly.

Clinical Manager:
The Clinical Manager is the head of the Clinical Leads, and they, similar to the Hospital Director, are in charge of ensuring the Clinical Leads continue to do their job as is excepted of them. They also watch over the rest of the hospital, and ensure that other roles are working smoothly.

Clinical Lead:
Clinical Leads are in charge of monitoring the three sub-factions of EMS, doctors, surgeons, and psychiatrists. There are three of them, one for each sub-faction.

Surgeon:
The role of surgeons is to perform surgical operations on patients, and ensure that those operations go smoothly, including checking up on their patients following a surgery.

Doctor:
Doctors are in charge of treating physical injuries and diagnosing/prescribing patients, as stated above.

Psychiatrist:
Psychiatrists cover patients whose issues are not physical, but rather mental. They offer counseling through therapy, and can prescribe medication to those who need it.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I understand.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

Yes, I will commit to regularly being online and playing as this character.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, as long as I am online I will attend, and if I am not online I will reach out and find out what I may have missed.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Of course, IC stuff stays ICly.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Johanna is a tall German woman, standing at 6'1". Her height and demeanor can make her seem intimidating to many when they first meet her, and she tends to capitalize on this to get people to leave her alone if they are annoying her. She has dark brown eyes, and light blonde hair that she almost always keeps in a bun, out of her face. She always seems to smell of citrus perfume and rubbing alcohol, the scent of her work always following her despite her attempts to cover it up. Her wardrobe mostly consisted of button-down shirts, sweaters, and patterned slacks.

What are they like on and off the job?

Johanna is very focused on her job when she is working, which can lead to her seeming cold to those who meet her while she is in her work-mindset. However, when she is off the job and enjoying time with those she is close with, she can be a very cheerful, albeit reserved person.

She loves medicine and being able to help people through being a doctor, so she puts all her effort into whatever she is working on at any given time.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

Johanna has deep respect for her co-workers, and anyone else who chooses to practice medicine. She does however get annoyed when people don't show the field she has dedicated her life to the respect she believes it deserves.

She hopes to eventually be able to pursue a PhD in Biochemistry, but she has been holding off on it since she can't afford to stop working and study for it.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?

Johanna was diagnosed with depression 4 years ago, but through a combination of therapy and medication she has been able to keep it at a manageable level. One of her pinkies is also permanently crooked from repeated damage when she was younger, but it is still usable, and does not impede her work.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)

Johanna Maria Meyer was born to Emilia and Hans Meyer in Augsburg, Germany in 1983. Her parents got divorced when she was 10, but they still had an amicable relationship, so Johanna was still able to see them both regularly. Growing up, she always was fascinated with the human body, specifically how to treat various injuries. She had a small teddy bear named Herr Bär, or Mr. Bear in German, that she would pretend had different "wounds" so she could patch him up, and treat him.

This love of medicine evolved into her deciding to go medical school halfway through her undergraduate, when she was 20. Despite her being behind the other aspiring students in terms of preparation, her years of looking up different diseases and how to treat them mostly made up for the lost time. She fully dedicated herself to studying for the entrance exams, as much as she could while still pursuing her undergraduate, that is, and when the time to take them came, she passed and was accepted into medical school in Berlin. During her time at this school, she met her now ex-husband, Haruto.

Following her graduation, she acquired her Doctor of Medicine degree, and went to start her residency at a general hospital in Munich. She spent 5 years in her residency, and continued working for that hospital for 3 years following the completion of her residency. During this time she also got married to Haruto. After she had worked at that hospital for 3 years, when she was 34, Haruto received a job offer back home in Japan, and Johanna chose to move with him, despite having never travelled out of Germany before and only having a limited knowledge of Japanese.

They moved to a small apartment in Tokyo together, and Johanna was able to get a job at a local hospital, however she had to re-do parts of her residency to be able to acquire a medical license in Japan. They spent 5 years in Tokyo, but eventually both Haruto and Johanna realized that their marriage wasn't working, and they got a divorce. At this point, Johanna decided to move to out of Tokyo, as she didn't want to live with her now ex-husband, and rent prices were far too high to be feasible for someone to live on their own. However, she didn't want to move out of Japan, since that would mean having to re-do her residency for a third time. She eventually came across an ad about a small apartment available for rent in a town called Karakura, right next to a hospital, which also happened to have a job opening for a doctor. She felt it must have been fate, and reached out to the person who put the ad out immediately, and was set to move in within the week. Now all that's left for her is to apply to the hospital, and hope that she gets the position.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Johanna Maria Meyer

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Ms.

Characters Given Name(s):

Johanna

Characters Preferred Name:

Johanna, or Jo if it is someone she is close with

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:

Female (she/her)

Characters Religious Domination:

Non-religious (Agnostic)

Characters Marital Status:

Single

Characters Nationality:

German

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

5 years

Working Experience(s):

Johanna has spent the past 5 years working at a hospital in Tokyo, Japan, in addition to the 3 years she worked at a hospital in Munich, Germany.

Academic Degree:

Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
Doctor of Medicine

Year of Graduation:

High School: 2001
Bachelor/Undergraduate: 2005
Doctor of Medicine: 2009

Major(s):

Biochemistry

Minor(s):

Physiology
Mathematics

Native Languages:

German

Other Languages:

Japanese​

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread