Level 3
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
SKShadowFlux

What is your discord name & tag?: ShadowFlux#4430

Previous bans: None!

Describe your activity on the server:
Rather active! My peak activity is about 6 hours on weekends and usually I try to be on for at least 2-3 hours on weekdays.Additionally, I have noticed that there are not many EMS available during the day in my timezone.

What is your timezone?: EEST/EET

List your current and past applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application-skshadowflux.56293/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/latin-application-skshadowflux.55520/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-authorization-korean.65188/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application-skshadowflux.65208/

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Quite a bit! Despite my first SRP being my first Minecraft roleplay server, I have been playing various tabletop RPGs for years! I have hosted several one-shots and two full-blown campaigns for Dungeon and Dragons and Kids on Bikes. Additionally, recently I have tried my hand with discord roleplays, which I have used as a way to improve my detailRP!

In SRP, most of my experience revolves around the gangRP/crimeRP community, which has placed me into many situations (and a lot of them did end up in the hospital, oops) which, despite the community’s reputation, have always been enjoyable and rewarding!

What is your motivation for applying?
The EMS have always been my favorite faction! I have had some of the best in-game interactions with them and I really enjoy all the time and effort an EMS member puts in and I believe it would provide me with many new and enjoyable experiences.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor, or Psychiatrist): Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Hospitals exist to provide healthcare to the population. Be it dealing with medical emergencies (Heart attacks, stab/gunshot wounds, bone fractures and many many others. This also includes the triage of all incoming medical emergencies), providing a one on one conversation and examination which could diagnose mental and/or physical conditions and even offering advice on health-related matters which could improve the patient’s quality of life.
A physician cannot do all those things at once, however. So a division of labor and specialization is required.

Medical department

A doctor in this department’s job is to diagnose and treat the patient with the least invasive method possible. To accomplish those duties, the doctor can perform all kinds of tests, run and read scans (X-Rays, MRI, CT, PET, ultrasounds and others), perform physical exams, prescribe appropriate medications(this also includes keeping note of a patient’s allergies, other prescribed medications that they could be taking and other physical and/or mental ailments the patient might have).

Surgical department
A surgeon is supposed to be able to perform many procedures in order to treat a patient. Surgeries can be performed to diagnose and treat a patient where the above mentioned methods have been either not applicable or ineffective. A surgeon should have a deep understanding of human anatomy, fine motor skills and an exceptional ability to perform under pressure.

Psychiatric department
Until now all we have talked about the physical ailments a patient may have but what about the mental ones? That’s where the psychiatrist’s role comes in. They are supposed to perform a mental evaluation of a patient, often done in the form of a one-on-one conversation. Then the doctor will have to continue working with the patient by creating a treatment plan which may or may not include the prescription of medication.

Currently, there is no ‘Surgical department’ as from what I have noticed, it’s role has been taken up by the Doctor’s/Medical department. A new one had been introduced in its place!

Emergency department
It involves any work related to locating an injured person, stabilizing them on-premise, transporting them to a healthcare facility and providing further stabilization. The paramedic/emergency worker has to be able to take care of injuries caused by blunt/bladed weapons and even gunshots. They have to be able to perform a so-called fast scan(usually performing an ultrasound) to discover and repair any internal damage and quickly fix it.
Once their job is done, the patient is considered stable and can get additional treatment from other doctors if required.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted? Yes

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role? Yes

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished? Yes

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations? Yes

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:
Mi-young Woong

Character’s Gender and Pronouns: Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted): 36

Character’s Academic Background(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD): Bachelor of Medicine

Character’s Nationality: Korean

Character’s Marital Status: Single

Character’s Religious Denomination: Agnostic

Character’s Spoken Languages: Japanese, Korean, Russian, English Latin

Backstory:
Mi-Young Woong was born on May 2nd, 19XX in Busan, South Korea. Her parents had both found success - one is an entrepreneur with his own Tech Start-up into the medical sector, while the other is a plastic surgeon. The young woman had known privilege all her life. And with that privilege came certain expectations. While growing up, she was home-schooled, Mi-Young managed to quickly excel in all of her studies and quickly picked up her parent’s knack for technology!
The young woman decided out of her own free will to learn as much as she could! She picked up her other parent’s textbooks. Oops. It was one in Latin! Learning the language had been fun for her but that was not enough! She heard of a prospering town in Japan, in which all kinds of interesting events transpired. With whatever form of basic Japanese she had, she decided to move there and continue her studies in Karakura College! Booking a flight, filling many, many documents and honing her social skills, she moved into the town as the next chapter of her life began.
Living in Karakura had been. . . interesting to her. Always observant, she would hear constant rumors of secret organizations. With her easy smile- she would dig deeper, learning as much as she could about the city she now called home. While living in Karakura, she met a certain woman who loved playing the role of a thug. It seemed as if those two would never get along - and it would be best for them to not meet again. She had a new-found hatred for Karakura's underworld after an accident which resulted in the loss of her eye.
At some point, Mi-young had to move to Tokyo where she enrolled in Tokyo Medical University. She already had some knowledge about medicine from her parents’ work and from their pressure, she pursued a degree in Medicine.
Despite all that, she was not the most approachable person. During her clinical rounds, she had trouble with people, especially children. That was until she found her passion - Radiology. It was entertaining for her to say the least. Mi-young felt like she was still doing something important despite the minimal patient contact.
While off work, she was busy taking care of her son - Min-soo. Currently their relationship could seriously use some improvement. However that is something which would have to wait. Now, back at Karakura, where she could keep an eye on her son, the woman took an opportunity to continue her work at the Karakura hospital.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

Radiology. She made this choice due to her personal experience during her studies. Mi-young knew where her strengths and weaknesses lay. And she chose the path of least resistance. Recently, she took a fellowship in Interventional Radiology - it required contact with patients, something she was not best at. However, with training and perseverance she managed to get through its challenges.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?

After graduating college, Mi-young completed a Radiology residency at the University of Tokyo Hospital. There she had to adapt quickly: from learning how to read an image made by a CT scan to eventually being able to perform biopsies, she loved her work. There she met many professionals in the field and took in everything they were willing to share with her.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Except for the already mentioned residency (and fellowship), while he was still in college, Mi-young worked as a nurse in the University of Tokyo Hospital’s cardiology department. She had made several important connections in the field, which greatly increased his chances of getting into a good residency program.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Se is a graduate of Tokyo Medical University.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Mi-young was slightly above average height - she stood at 5’8. Her complexion, on first glance, would appear clear, one with no scarring whatsoever. Had the person observing her looked closer, they would notice the rather-large amount of make-up she used, concealing a few facial scars. Had they continued their examination, they would notice that one of her eyes never moved - a glass eye. Her working, coffee-brown eye seemed to follow whoever she was speaking with rather attentively.
Looking downwards from there, you would notice that she often had a rather clean, well-kept appearance about her. Whether it came to her actual looks or how she presented, it was clear she took pride in both, as she did in most things.
On duty, she usually wore a pair of blue scrubs, sometimes with her doctor’s coat, sometimes without. Off work, she preferred suits and skirts, usually pastel colored ones.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty, the woman was approachable(or at least tried to be) and competent. She loved solving problems and had impeccable attention to detail - a quality that is first and foremost for any radiologist. She had an easy smile while talking to her colleagues, and always tried her best to impress others and get on their good side - expected, considering how she managed to get where she was. To her patients, despite the rare talks, she was always polite, answering their questions to her best knowledge and always doing her best to ease them for any upcoming procedures.

Off duty, she was completely different. In her home Mi-young was a closed off person, barely talking to her son unless it involved having to lecture him over trivial matters (and sometimes not so trivial, considering the trouble maker she saw him as). The woman rarely kept connections with other people unless she had some use of them - her work being the only important thing in her life.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Mi-young preferred to work on her own. And her field supported her desire perfectly. She was a problem solver and rarely had to ask others for help. One of her skills was her ability to quickly and accurately look up information on anything she might need.
Of course - this did not often work in her favor. She eventually had to learn how to ask other people for guidance, especially with her further specializations, in which she had to actively work with patients.

What plans does your character have for the future?
The woman was content where she was. Climbing an ‘administrative ladder’ was not her concern considering what she would have to deal with. She much preferred her work behind a screen or her work with patients she would hopefully never see again. She had a single wish in her personal life, however. It was for her son to become great. Just like she considered herself to be.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?

To some people, she appears to be serious, determined and almost unapproachable when she doesn’t wish to be. She has the energy of a person who would often look down on others - and she often does that. Mi-young has experience dealing with all kinds of people and she often appears judgemental. Certain people, however, know a different side of her. Her son has some type of - fear towards the woman. Why? Nobody knows. To summarize, the correct term for her is ‘two-faced’.

Mi-young is not unaware of how people perceive her. She merely does not care. She sees herself as a victim of circumstance of sorts, blames her own misdeeds onto other people that she considers to have wronged her. Her priority is to make a good life for herself, and by proxy, her family. The woman, however, is completely willing to put on a mask in front of new people and do her best in playing a cheery, approachable person, one whom others would not consider a threat. One who cares for others.​

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread