mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Dodgeball Bugs & Features Suggestion

Wynnies

Level 1
IGN: Wynnies
DATE: 25/04/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: There are a couple of bugs with the dodgeball game at highschool (this takes place on both fields). I would also like to suggest adding some features.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Bug #1:
Right when a game starts, you get put into one side of the field. One of the two sides spawns you facing the wrong way, and you firstly have to turn around to get to the dodgeballs. This makes the opposing team much more likely to get to the balls first. This would probably be easy to fix, by just making players that spawn on that side get turned to the center of the field.

Bug #2: You can walk onto the field without actually queuing for it. You do this by walking on the edge of the field, on the outside, and walking against the middle wall so you get put back onto the block, but in the center of it so it thinks you are inside of the playing region, but you never actually went through the region barrier. This bug does not give any advantage whatsoever, but I just felt that it was worth mentioning since we're on the topic of dodgeball already. You can in fact walk through the field border while a game is active, but you cannot pick up balls or get eliminated, but the balls do collide with you.

Bug #3: At times, when you are standing on a dodgeball that is on the floor while already holding a dodgeball in slot one, whenever you throw the currently equipped dodgeball and the server lags, you pick up the dodgeball you are standing on in your second slot. Not a major bug, but it can be quite annoying when you are planning on spamming dodgeballs to the other side.

Bug #4: You can pick up two balls at the same time by standing on a dodgeball and clicking on the one that is already in your inventory. This doesn't help much as you can't easily click slot number two and you cannot take the ball out of the field.

Bug #5: Rain near the dodgeball field is not in places it should be. (This actually happens all around the map)

Bug / Feature: It would be useful if you're inventory got cleared whenever a game starts, similarly to: for example, basketball. Currently dodgeball does not have this feature and if your hotbar is full when joining, the dodgeballs go straight into your inventory.

Feature #1: You can walk onto one side of the field, with the same amount of players as there are on the other side, but you still get shuffled to any random side. This is done so the teams are split in an equal amount of players. My suggestion is to make it so if there are the same amount of people on both sides, that the teams stay like that. This makes it much easier to host an unofficial dodgeball tournament.

Feature #2: Lastly, I'd like to end this suggestion by suggesting another feature that I felt could be cool. This feature is about dodgeball collision; I personally think it would be very interesting if dodgeballs could collide with one another while they are in the air. This could make it so you can block dodgeballs by throwing your own at it.

(EDIT: Make the game starting delay less than 15 seconds or make it so people are able to vote for the game to start sooner)

Thank you for your time,
- Wynn

(PS: Don't mind my ping in the video's)

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Next time, report bugs using the bug reports section, or else you'll get schmucks like me mini-modding in your suggestion's replies.

In regards to your second suggestion, I don't think it's worth it. Dodgeball really isn't that significant of a sport, nor is it taken seriously as one; I don't really see much of a reason to make it more complicated, since it's mostly just a fun diversion to visit every now and then (for most people).

The first suggestion would be convenient, but again, may not be worth the effort (since even though dodgeball may be fun for some, it's definitely only taken seriously by a small niche). Though if something like this were to be implemented, it would be cool if it worked like baseball, which allows you to just choose your team before the game starts by clicking a prompt in chat.

Wynnies

Level 1
Next time, report bugs using the bug reports section, or else you'll get schmucks like me mini-modding in your suggestion's replies.

In regards to your second suggestion, I don't think it's worth it. Dodgeball really isn't that significant of a sport, nor is it taken seriously as one; I don't really see much of a reason to make it more complicated, since it's mostly just a fun diversion to visit every now and then (for most people).

The first suggestion would be convenient, but again, may not be worth the effort (since even though dodgeball may be fun for some, it's definitely only taken seriously by a small niche). Though if something like this were to be implemented, it would be cool if it worked like baseball, which allows you to just choose your team before the game starts by clicking a prompt in chat.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We're working on updating Dodgeball in a later update, however as stated above, bugs belong in bug reports.​

Users who are viewing this thread