Dookieh

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, BTS#9764

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
EST

Describe your activity on the server:

For the most part, I have always been fairly active on SRP. A while ago, I took a break to deal with some personal issues, but I have been particularly present on the server as of recent. As a result, I am usually available a maximum of 4-5 hours on weekdays and time may vary on the weekends. Additionally, I keep up with the going-ons of SRP by checking the forums daily for any new announcements or events.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

I have been banned; The first time was a 30-minute ban for trolling about a year ago. The other two were due to misunderstandings between myself and an admin; in one instance, I was banned from the RPH discord server because my account was hacked, and in the other, I was accidentally associated with a player that received an IP ban.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Ban Appeals:

Ban Appeal#1
Ban Appeal#2
Ban Appeal#3

Language Applications:
JSL
Hawaiian
Spanish
Spanish#2
Russian
Korean
Greek
Modern Greek
French

Job Applications:
Professor
Chef

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):

My character is in College working towards their Bachelor's Degree

Shop Information

What shop are you applying for?:

I am applying for Unowned Shop #2, which I would rename to Tsundoku's Paperback Café. I feel like this shop and its location would accommodate my ideas nicely.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

I often roam the streets of Karakura looking for new ways to enhance my roleplay experience, so when I saw that there was a shopkeeper position open, I knew I had to apply. After hearing from other players that either own shops or are employed by them enthuse about how enriching the occupation is, I felt myself being drawn to this role. I feel that my goal to meet the needs and demands of Karakura citizens aligns with the duties of a shopkeeper.

I've had leadership experience as a criminology professor that I believe will allow me to run a shop effectively. Furthermore, my time as a tailor--though not directly related to being a shopkeeper--has helped me learn about customer satisfaction and improve my communication skills. In my day-to-day life I strive to practice the aforementioned skills, along with teamwork, patience, and organization, in hopes of bettering myself.

My determination to become a shopkeeper that can not only help citizens by providing them with employment and exciting opportunities, but also a safe space, heavily influences the way I act. To come up with an idea that tells the community "I'm listening," I conducted several surveys that inquired about what additions people would enjoy seeing. Through this feedback, I decided to take the initiative to turn a vision into a plan of action.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

As I mentioned above, I asked around Karakura to see what people felt was missing in their lives. What I found was surprising, simply because the amount of cafés and restaurants in town make it almost impossible to think people need a place to hangout. Alas, this is the reality for most citizens so I started brainstorming ideas that could be both casual and productive. A book café came to mind and, upon pitching it to several people, it seemed to garner positive reactions.

I plan for the book café to create a unique atmosphere where the community can socialize in a comfortable and relaxing environment, while enjoying the best pastries and brewed drinks in town, for more than affordable prices. The café would have a large selection of books ranging from fantasy to autobiographies and would accommodate all ages. It would be modeled after a more rustic-minimalist style to give it a homey feeling. As for the opening schedule, the goal would be to open daily at least four times a week to establish this as the central Karakura hangout point.

Citizens would be able to purchase books, drinks, pastries, and a stage and rentable instruments would be made available to brave souls and aspiring musicians. The Tsundoku Literature Club would be a book club made available to avid readers and people looking to connect, being hosted once a week. A membership is something that could be included if I see that books are being purchased constantly, as a way to reward loyal customers by allowing them to borrow books. I'd implement a "buy one book, get one drink free" offer, with the one drink being interchangeable with a pastry.

Note: I have a few ideas as to some custom items the shop could sell:
unknown (21).png

unknown (22).png

unknown (23).png

IMG_3385c-5688083.jpg

20170402_Raspberry_Chocolate_Croissant_03-sq.jpg

Baked-Ham-and-Cheese-Croissants-main.png

065bcd72c3dc3a3f3e3538abf02426f5.jpg

144629d24ec51d325a767a5f268b58ef.jpg

6464b4c3dec35609e9efc89bb576e0a3.jpg

What will you sell in your shop?:
Chai Tea Latte 250¥
Americano 1500¥
Iced Coffee 600¥
Hot Chocolate 800¥
Strawberry Cake 1200¥
Dango 500¥
Kuma Dango 500¥
Pink Donut 375¥
Water 200¥
Nutella on Toast 1000¥
Currently 15 books would be available for sale

Items for Rent:
Electric Guitar 20,000¥ per IC hour

Events

Poetry Slam Contest/Open Stage for Musicians

Participants of the poetry slam must be 13 years of age or older and must perform original poems. They should spend no longer than three OOC minutes on stage and no props or costumes should be used--this could result in deduction of points. Participants can perform in teams and all styles are welcomed: acapella, theatrical monologues, literary poetry, haikus, etc. Performers will go in random order, as a name will be drawn out of a hat. The judges will consist of one respectable student, and two adults of varying roles. Note: Winners will receive 100,000¥ and a free book.

The open stage for musicians will require participants to either bring their own instruments or risk a limited selection of rentals upon arrival. They can perform any song so long as profanities and other disrespectful language is not used. They will be limited to five OOC minutes.

Collab with Karakura High for Creative Writing Competition

This event would follow similar guidelines to the recent writing competition: participants would need to submit original works in any genre and they would need to be at least 15 pages long. The first place prize would be 150,000¥ and the opportunity to have their book available for purchase in the shop. Second and third place would receive 50,000¥ and 30,000¥ respectively, along with a free book and pastry or drink.

How many employees do you plan to have?:

Shopkeeper [1/1] - Dookieh

As the shopkeeper, I would both own and manage the shop. It would be my duty to hire, train, supervise, and discipline the employees. I'd coordinate their schedules and ensure the store is stocked and clean. Additionally, any potential activities, sales, or events would need to be approved by myself.

Store Manager [0/1] - N/A

The manager would be the shopkeeper's eyes and ears, especially if the latter is not present, supervising the host, cashiers, and waiters. They would make sure no altercations arose between customers or employees and are expected to inform the shop keeper if items need to be restocked. The store manager will be paid 60,000¥ for every four openings.

Cashiers [0/3] - N/A

The cashiers will sell the items to the customers and will be in charge of logging these transactions in an individualized google form that will be submitted at the end of their shift. They will get paid 15% of the total sales bi-weekly.

Host [0/1] - N/A

The host will be in charge of greeting customers upon arrival and informing them of any sales and events. They will monitor the cafe when the manager isn't available and will be paid 20,000¥ for every four openings hosted.

Waiters/Waitresses [0/3] N/A

Waiters/Waitresses have the responsibility of delivering orders to customers after they have placed them with a cashier. Note: the cashier will assign customers numbers corresponding to their tables and will instruct them to wait a maximum of 5 minutes while their server delivers their order. They will be paid 15,000¥ for every shift logged.

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A​

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply for Shopkeeper

- There are sadly no cafe, restaurant or bar spots open on the roster (Click here).​

Users who are viewing this thread