Accepted Drama Instructor Application FIXED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legatus

Level 9
OOC INFORMATION

IGN (In Game Name): Batclone12
Previous bans: 0

Describe your activity on the server: I often join a few times each day, though outside sources may pressure this.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?

No.
Do you have a microphone?
No.

List your current and past applications:
I made a suggestion on for Student Dorms, in the suggestion forum if that counts. A link for it will be at the bottom of this application
What is your motivation for applying?:
I find it somewhat antagonizing that when I join, there is little-to-no authority outside of staff on. A true school should have multiple teachers on at the same time. Since I can somewhat understand the selectness of teachers, and others parts of authority, I would like to become a teacher to in some way put power back into teachers.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):

In general, I have several experiences in positions of power (Online) and many experiences with acting (And the performing arts as a whole). In the role of a teacher, I don't teach professionally, but I do often pose in as an example or as a guest speaker in multiple events for drama.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevant to your Minecraft Name):
Legatus
Your Teachers In Game Age: 36
Teachers Subject: Drama, Acting, Theater, However you wish to call it.

Have you read & understood the megathread?

Yes.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?

One thing I would change is the amount of teachers. There are to few, and to under powered. I would make it so there are multiple teachers for each subject, each working a different 'shift'. If 2 math teachers are on at the same time though, they simply go to different classrooms and conduct their lessons there. In this way, more 'Roleplaying' would be done

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general.

Teachers on the server are there to break up fights, hang around with students, teach, and to serve almost as a staff. Outside of this game, teachers make up the part of educating those without knowledge of specific subjects that they specialize in (Such as Language, Advanced Mathmatics, European History) or teaching students on a general/easy basis (Math, Science, English, History, Etc). Teachers should be paid a good sum for their work, more if they specialize and take the time to teach at a school (Example: A Drama or Art instructor can easily leave the academy to go to higher places by their own skills and make more money). As such, a school should provide more adequate funding to their payment and their program.

Teachers teach in different ways. In truth, each teacher has their own special way of teaching. But in this day and age, teachers are often given material and instructions of what to do, and how to do them. Sometimes, teachers will add their own things and tricks to their assignments, and it would work. Or it would not. Regardless, teachers go on.

Spare time is spent grading things, making assignments and planning lessons. After that, they do normal human things. Like eating. And sleeping.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Clothing Choice:
Dressed. Be it a suit, or his costumed clothing, he is always in some way dressed to perform. He has an affinity for 'older' clothing to wear on a regular basis.

Bio context:
A tall height of 6.8, with Blue eyes, black and white pepper/salt hair, high cheekbones, a chiseled face, the scars of a bullet on his right shoulder and a voice that can perform in almost all accents, language's or sounds imaginable and non imaginable. To keep this, he has a strict routine to keep his voice in good order.

Skills:
Legatus has the well practiced method of almost transforming into a different person when he tries, and can change looks rapidly with the help of a makeup kit and clothing, from the appearance of a 16 year old African Basketball player, to that of a bent over 64 year old blind Swedish woman, with voices and almost uncanny knowledge to match. In his language knowledge, he picked up more than enough to get him a position as translator for the entire United Nations. He also has no problem with

His own outlook on the student population is that of disgust (To their lack of honor, style and respect) and interest (To why they lack honor, style and respect). The other teachers, he perceives as lazy, due to their apparent lack of concern for showing up for work, though he will have no problem working or speaking with them if they do show. Notably mysterious about himself, he will often reference himself in a higher condition above others. He seems to have a fond taste for North European Caviar and Mediterranean foods. One can easily pinpoint his place of origin in Europe, but where? A mystery he will take to his grave (And beyond it). He does openly show that he is fully against forms of cowardliness, the bullying or picking off of weaker students by bullies (Pick someone your own size, or Bigger), and excessive capitalism. He has a draw to drama, and has a habit of starting/encouraging it.

His plan for the future is to work at the school until it is no longer appetizing, and potentially move to the job offer that both the KGB and CIA are sending him.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Act in an authoritative manner, ask them what do they think their doing swearing in my hallway. If they act rudely to that question, I would send them straight to a detention. If they act in a more formal manner to it, I would allow them to go with a warning, but just one.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

I
will tell them to calm down, shut it, and look at the board. If they simply do not listen, I would take my fingernails and loudly scratch the chalkboard till they settle down. Afterwards, I will keep them for the amount of time it took for them to settle down, and force them to all write a paragraph to why they were not paying attention, and they are read aloud. Any 'clever comments' will result in them going to detention for disrespect and distraction of the extreme.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?

Socializing with others within. If alone, most likely grading tests/handed in work, writing short plays/scenarios for his classes, or otherwise cooking, and then eating food.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me creates a diagram of a stage on the board, and draws lines going to specific points to detail positions of the cast.

/me pulls out script sheet and places it on *Student Name*'s desk.

/me stares at the injury, reaches into pocket, and pulls out suture kit

/me stabs himself with knife and falls to the floor.

/me pulls out the 'knife', and shows that it is only a prop with moving 'blade'

BACKSTORY

In the days leading up to Legatus's application, many things happened. He went to Japan, he saw amazing sights in Nature, and he saw less amazing sights in the hotel room he was residing in, as ancient temples were more exciting to him than a modern executive room. Oh, don't mistake him. The Mandarin Oriental was potentially the best hotel in Japan, but he had seen more exciting locales in his time at cities. The Red Square in Moscow packed with Soviet Soldiers, the fall of the Saddam Hussein statue in Iraq, the Greek Independence festivals each year they held them in Athens, the Australian Hunters Exchange, cruise ships and other hotels alike. All these he had visited, and much more, each under a different disguise, different alias. All for his own amusement, and some for his career.

He had enough. He was bored with constantly moving around. He wanted to try something new.
So, he found a school with a position open for drama. He never tried acting as an instructor before, and found the idea as an exciting opportunity to exercise a new role.

Previously, he had worked for a private intelligence agency that sold the secrets it achieved to governments, official and non official across the world, and had no problem selling North Korea false information that the US paid them to give. But then again, he also had no problem giving real information to North Korea for twice the additional price, to his own private off shore account. After all, in that work, it was sell, or get sold out to an angry government.

Of course he quit that work.

Repetition is boring.

Additional notes about your application (if any):

First, I want to say that for a long time, I have wanted to get the position of teacher on this server. I was thinking of applying before, but shook the idea off. I renewed my confidence now, thus the posting of this.

Second, I stated before that I made a suggestion of dorms. Here is the link to it:
http://www.schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/dorms-think-of-the-idea.1688/#post-7081

Third and finally, I would like to thank whoever is reading this for reading it. I hope I get picked, and I have to say I quite enjoyed making this.

If you haven't seen it, I made this application before. It was denied and pointed out to me by Duck that I made the error of making everything Bold, and leaving a section that I was supposed to delete. Along with that, I have made some spelling corrects, minor tweaks, etc.

I hope this is looked and seen as an application now that the mistakes have been fixed.

Last edited:

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Accepted
You are a good roleplay Batclone12, so I'll give you a chance at being a 'Drama Teacher.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread