No, I have never been banned

What Country are you from?:
I am from Denmark

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, my username is ash#9152

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I have had a look at it

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I recognise that this is a possibility. If I am inactive it is only fair that I be replaced.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
Yes I understand

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am online every day unless I have an important exam or event to attend to. If that is the case I can let you know beforehand. I browse through the forums a lot and try to stay updated on what is going on.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Private Tutor
https://schoolrp.net/threads/application-for-private-tutor.30837/ [ACCEPTED]
French
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-astridhm.31077/ [ACCEPTED]
Spanish
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-celleassi.31378/ [ACCEPTED]

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
When I first joined the server I had to go out of my comfort zone to approach people and try to make friends. Something that really helped me was being paired up in lessons as it forced us to establish relationships with one another (both good and bad). I hope I can help players break out of their shells and establish their characters through my teaching style. I have a lot of respect for teachers so it would be fun to try and step into their shoes and see what it is really like. I have a relativly laid back attitude to teaching, but I won't tolerate behaviour that affects other students ability to learn.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I have a lot of good memories roleplaying with my friend Evelyn when we were younger. It has been a while as I have been focusing on school these past two years, and I must admit roleplaying on Minecraft is new to me. But I think I am relativly experienced. I also take English Lit at a high level so I hope that roleplaying on here will help me develop my descriptive writing skills.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
I couldn't find it and when I asked Annie she said there was none. If there is one I will of course read it through before starting my job. That being said, I am familiar with the code of conduct and what is expected of me. I also expect a lot of the guidelines for being an employee will be the same for teachers.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are records of your activity on the server. They are important because they prove that you are doing your job and that you are honest about the amount of classes you've taught. You also can't get paid without them.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
I bring it up with a staff member of higher rank to get it approved. Then I have a meeting with the students talking about ideas for the trip. Students should bring permission slips if they wish to attend the trip. I will ask a teaching assistant to accompany me as there will be a lot of students to keep track of. On the day of the trip, students will be asked to line up and we will decide on a place for students to go in case they get lost so we can find them again.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

- Students should not be talking while the teacher is talking. This also applies when a student is answering a question, other students should not talk over that person. If a student wishes to speak they can raise their hand.

- Eating is not allowed in the classroom. It can be noisy and distracting. It is also likely to leave a mess which the cleaners should not be expected to deal with. I would ask that students refrain from drinking energy drinks in class as well. Water is allowed.

- I expect students to hand in their work fully completed and on time.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in students being asked to leave the room.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
Outside of SchoolRP, I used to roleplay on a Danish forum. My friend Evelyn and I would also roleplay by ourselves wherever possible. I have not been on SchoolRP for very long. I recently applied for the position of Private Tutor and on my alt account I joined the high school track team. Both of these required me to showcase my ability to roleplay. As a Private Tutor I have had to deal with a number of incidents which has taught me a lot about the demands of these positions on the server and how to handle them appropriately. The members of the HS Track team have also helped me a lot. Doing basic exercises such as practicing our stretches and strength training has taught me a lot about sensory details, and interacting with the characters on the team has helped me establish a personality for mine. I really like being a Private Tutor but I find that, when no teachers are online, I am pretty much stuck in the tutoring room waiting for students to stop by which they rarely do. I joined SchoolRP to roleplay and so I would love some more IC interaction. When teachers are online, I love to help out during their lessons and I already feel like I have learned a lot from watching them.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:
Head of Department is the highest rank you can get as a teacher. It is rewarding but takes a lot of responsibility.

- QTLS:
Qualified Teacher is someone who has experience teaching and has likely been employed for a while.

- NQT:
Newly qualified teacher is someone new to teaching, could be a recent graduate or a career change. As NQT you are expected to show that you are able to meet the schools standards for their teachers. It is sort of like a trial period.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are employed to help students succeed in their studies. They are not counselors but can act as mentors for their students. It is a tough job as it involves a lot of preperation but at the same time you have to leave room for situations you don't account for.

Most teachers follow a syllabus, I will be following the IGCSE syllabus as I am familiar with it and it covers the basics of drama. Sometimes teachers are forced to interrupt the lesson due to disruptive behaviour from students. This could be minor disturbances such as students being late, sleeping in class, excessive chatter, passing of notes or the use of electronic devices. Or, in some cases, it could be students challenging the teachers authority or knowledge on a subject.

Outside of school teachers are like any other adults. They have families, friends and other relations.
Teachers often times have to take work home, as there is barely any time for grading papers during school hours.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Since the server is based around the school, it is important that teachers are active. Students have to stay inside the school during school hours, so if there are no teachers online it can be difficult to find things to do. Lessons provide great opportunities for students to get to know each other and show off their individuality. A school without teachers is not realistic.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
We are expected to prepare lessons ahead of time: planning what to say, giving the students tasks to perform and assigning homework.

According to people I've spoken to who are already teachers the school uses the MoSCoW method.

Character Knowledge

Mizuki is a 5'7" japanese female with hazel eyes (though more brown than green) and brown hair.

Mizuki, to a degree, has a laid back attitude to teaching. She does not waste energy on students who do not want to learn. "If you do not want to do any work, that is fine by me. End of the day, I still get paid". This style of teaching worked well in Spain, as they are under far less academic pressure compared to the Japanese students. This is, of course, something she would say to influence students in hopes that they decide to do the work, not because they have to, but because they want to learn. Not to demotivate or embarrass them.

Outside of school, Mizuki is prudent and unassertive. When interacting with someone of importance, she can act quite sheepish.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Warily she'd glance over at the squabbling students, raising one eyebrow in suspicion. Contemplating whether or not to engage, she'd frown a bit. Noticing other students looking disturbed by the noise, she'd calmly approach the students asking that they turn it down. Should they refuse to do so she would warn them of the consequences that would follow if they keep up their act. If the students cross the line and are given detention, the incident would also be reported to school authorities.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
She'd tell them that if they do not want to listen to her they are free to leave. She cannot force them to be engaged, only encourage them. If this does not change things, or they refuse to leave, she'd make note of the time by glancing at her watch, then lean back comfortably in the chair, placing her hands behind her head. As the students are not respectful of her time, she'd happily sit there, watching the minutes go by. (If it is only a couple students I would kick them from the class, otherwise I would probably just end the class if every student acts like that since it is technically FailRP at that point. It doesn’t make sense that no student out of sixteen would care about their education.)

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When interacting with colleagues, Mizuki would be polite and inquisitive. If left to herself, she’d be preparing for her next class by researching ideas or printing out worksheets. Otherwise she would likely be sat somewhere, engaged in a book.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She'd walk inside, looking a bit tired and carrying stacks of papers. A few smudges of ink would be visible on the front of her dress shirt. She'd glance around briefly to see who is in the room, before making her way towards the desk.

/me She'd glance over at the student, raising one eyebrow in suspicion and take another sip of her coffee. (Would follow up with dialogue regarding student not working). She'd sigh, shaking her head in disappointment.

/me "Who wants to go first? She'd gesture towards the stage before scanning the room for a volunteer. Her eyes would settle upon a student in the far back of the crowd, sending them a reassuring look.

/me She'd place the pen behind her ear freeing her hand to pull out a few pieces from the stack of papers she'd be holding with her right arm and handing them to the students.

/me She'd glance down at the script in her lap from time to time, mumbling the words along to herself in tact with the students. She'd be content watching the students act out their parts.

Backstory

Mizuki Hanasaki was raised in a strict, closely-knit family. Growing up following the example for her siblings, William and Masami, Mizuki was studious and focused. She excelled in the natural sciences but found the humanities to be more interesting. However, during her teenage years Mizuki lost interest in her studies. Finding friends, she could relate to, opened her eyes to all that she had missed out on as a child, due to her intense studies. This was around the time she started being interested in drama and auditioned for the school play. This is a time she looks back on fondly. After getting her major in English Literature, Mizuki announced that she would leave Japan for a job at an international school in Barcelona, Spain, her parents felt let down but accepted her decision.

Mizuki enjoyed her time in Spain but felt homesick once the excitement had dialed down. Her siblings were her closest friends and leaving them behind was the hardest thing she ever had to do. But not only that, moving to a new country, not knowing a single person there and having to learn a foreign language was harder than she had expected. Nevertheless, by the time Mizuki left Spain she had made plenty of new friends and could speak the language fluently.

After five years in Spain, she decided it was time to come home and applied for a position as a Private Tutor in Karakura.

Mizuki was grateful to be accepted and enjoyed working alongside her siblings as a Tutor. Despite having been gone for so long, she was welcomed home with open arms. She found her younger sister engaged and her nieces and nephews in College or about to be.

Even though Mizuki found her job to be incredibly fulfilling, she missed working as a teacher. She would help out during lessons whenever possible as students rarely came by the tutoring room. She eventually opened up to her siblings and was encouraged to apply for a position as a Drama teacher.

In-Character Information

Full Name: Mizuki Hanasaki
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Hanasaki

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura

Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5 years
Working Experience (# of years): 9 years

Academic Degree: Masters degree in English Literature

Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): English Literature, Politics
Minors: Drama

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, I do not
Preferred Teaching Subject: I would love to teach Drama as I am familiar with the syllabus from when I was teaching in Spain.

Thank you for taking the time to review my application.

** If I am accepted as a Teacher I will resign as a Private Tutor.

Last edited:

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED
- Wonderful application. Good job! You've provided well enough detail, welcome to the team.

- To further your career as a Teacher at Karakura High, please ensure you've joined this Discord server.
- Once you've joined the Discord, please shoot me a direct message at Knot#6368 .

Users who are viewing this thread