Do you have a microphone?:
yes i do

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
BST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:

I mainly roleplay as a quiet guy at the back of the class but will talk if talked to, i attend all classes i can and follow the rules in those classes

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

i dont have any

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade 8

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Design & Technology

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I love woodwork and want to teach others this skill which can be very useful

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, i expect this will happen to train me for multiple situations

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

The teacher class logs show what teachers hold which classes and when, they can be used to track down teachers that have been inactive for a long time

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

No talking over others, this is seen as highly disrespectful and wont be tolerated
when I'm talking i want attention on me encase health and safety is being talked about as this is vital information, but talking while working is permitted
no phones, this can be a major distraction when it comes to work and could cause a safety risk in the workshop.
respecting the workplace environment is a must, if anyone is caught messing around they will be removed from the class and given a detention, safety risks caused by students wont be tolerated

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I mainly roleplay as either a Science teacher or a DT teacher in a bunch of roblox games. ive always loved creating scenes that dont seem like reality to increase the roleplay experience, mainly playing with random people allowed me to build social skills and the ability to play multiple different characters depending on the situation

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of department
↳ Description: The top position within the department, despite being the highest rank, they skill teach classes based on the specific subject they are trained in. The head of the department also teaches Unqualified Teachers. They teach new teachers to help develop there skills for teaching in the subject they are being trained for

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified teacher
↳ Description: These teachers have been teaching for a long time, they have a lot of experience both in their job responsibilities and in their subject of teaching, these guys are much more known around the school as they've been doing their job for a long time

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified teacher
↳ Description: The name explains it all about this classification, these teachers have just completed training and are able to host classes for students to learn the skills the teacher can teach them, they aren't as well known as QT's but they are respected among there co-worker's

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are teachers in training, most new teachers are put here and they have to undergo training to develop the skills needed for a classroom environment as the head of the room, once they have passed training they are able to host classes based on the subject

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are the reason our society can function how it does, without them most people wont know basic maths and English skills and the inability to read or write can hinder a persons ability to perform well in there specific field, what makes a good teacher is how they handle the situations in and out of the classroom. A lot of English skills are good for a teacher which is what i believe i would be strong in. Another thing that defines a good teacher is how they treat others, most teachers need to respect there students but also understand how their students brains work and how to handle situations there studdents bring to the table

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

if teachers weren't a part of the roleplay server then the server would get pretty boring as there will be nothing for people to do, people will get bored during school hours and wont have a reason to join SchoolRP, they provide extra roleplay opportunities as well as allowing people to rise up to the position of adult later down the line

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The school works on the 'moscow' method or 'Must have, Should have, Can’t have, Won’t have'.
'Must have' is understandable as it is the things that we have to fit into the time limit allowed to us. The 'Should have' is also a good thing as that it is the things that can fit in if time is allowed. The 'Can't have' and the 'Wont have' is confusing based on the circumstances, i assume its how schools go down the list of the abilities you should be able to accomplish in the given time frame. Im most likely wrong in this but if you could teach me i would be very greatful

Character Knowledge

Moon is a 6'4 English male, He is fairly lean while also having a muscular build. His hair is a bright white colour which is short in length with a long fringe to cover his forehead, he has dark maroon eyes that often bring a sense of calm to people hes talking to but also make him look intimidating if needed, he never tries to intimidate students or young people unless forced to and prefers to talk his way out of a situation calmly.
Moon can aften come off as harsh when teaching but he mainly acts like this to protect the students from health and safety hazards in the workshop, he cares deeply for the students he teaches and sees them as his children in a way, holding the responsibility to look after them and achieve their dream grade at the end of their school life.
Moon is always willing to help people during class with work or any other needs they have, hes also willing to help out of class to resolve situations to stop people getting hurt, he is fully aware that he can come off as a bit hard on the students but he upholds the rules strictly to keep the students safe.
he has no intention of changing how he acts for other people, he knows that the right people will stick around to get to know him rather than judging him by how he looks or acts in the classroom.
Moon has a lot of things he respects but the one thing he respects the most is people treating others how they treat them, meaning if he treats someone with respect he expects it back
Moon respects his staff and colleagues but wont often talk to them as they often seem like the soft teacher type, while still making attempts to contact and connect with them as he values this connection a lot. Money isn't on Moons mind much as he only gets jobs he enjoys. He wants to spread the skills he has acquired among the students to see them hopefully grow into fine young adults

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Due to the use of swear words and curses id give all the people i caught doing so a detention, anyone else who is with the group but didn't do this will get a verbal warning

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I will announce that anyone who doesn't quiet down within a specific time frame will be either removed from the class or given a verbal warning, if the distruption continues they will recieve a detention

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

while not working Moon will often be watching videos on wood working and finding ideas on what to teach the students

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He'd silently sit as his desk waiting for the 18 or so students to quiet down to begin the lesson... allowing some time to pass he would get up and say 'Hello students, can i have quiet please' just slightly loud enough for the students to hear over their little chats between themselves, he would calmly explain who he is while also talking about the rules of the classroom, 'No speaking while i do... this is for your health and safety... anyone who doesn't follow this rule will be removed upon the third verbal warning as a safety hazard', he would calmly explain the rest of his class rules
/me he would leave the students to talk for 5 minutes while he brings up the pre-planned lesson and double checking he has everything he needs... Once the 5 minutes is up he addresses the students explaining all the health and safety required for a workshop, he would also explain how all the machines work and all the probations needed to ensure safe usage.
/me once everything is explained he goes over to the chalk board, he takes the piece of chalk and writes down the tasks the students need to complete in that lesson on a hard black chalk board... once all was written he explains how to do the tasks he has asked for with a small demonstration on his desk... after 10 minutes he would let the students off to do the tasks required of them, watching there movements to make sure the students he saw as children where safe while under his watch

backstory:

While Moon was a young child, he would often watch his father in the workshop working on a old Ford GT Mustang, his father was deep into automotive repair and would nearly always be found in his at home workshop, this grew Moons interest for woodwork early as he would beg his father the let him help out. Moons mother wasn’t around much in his early life, her and his father had fallen out and Moon wasn’t allowed to see his mother due to this, this hurt Moon a lot, but it also further drove him into the woodwork and metal work world.

When Moon turned 15 his father taught him everything, he knew a lot about woodwork and would show Moon how to do everything needed to make the projects they would work on. Moon would often work on his own projects with wood while his father worked on the car, repairing and restoring it to its former glory. No matter just how much Moon begged his father to let him help on the car, he wouldn’t budge. He thought it would be too dangerous for Moon to take part due to his young age. Moon would spend his days at school studying hard in coding and woodwork, once he got home, he would practice woodwork until he was sent to bed by his father.

When Moon turned 16 his father let him help on the car, he would teach Moon how to disassemble engines and reassemble them, he would also teach Moon how to bend metal so it can serve a specific purpose. During a warm August day, Moon and his father worked on the car, repairing its damaged drive shaft and engine. The air was moist, and the car was hot to the touch but not too hot to hurt. The car was hoisted up on a car lift and his father was underneath working on the exhaust shafts as they’d been working on them for the past few days. The car dropped right on his father, the car lift had slipped due to the moisture, Moons life shattered before him as his father was severely hurt by the car. Moon was incapable of lifting the car off his father… once the ambulance and fire brigade had removed his father from under the car he was rushed to the hospital.

When Moon moved in with his mother, he had switched schools. They didn’t have a DT course for highschoolers, but they did for the sixth form. He graduated from Northampton academy with a A level in DT where he went to study for a masters at the University for Engineering. After graduating from university, he took up a job in a manufacturing company where he was placed for 5 years working on the car assembly side of things. He moved to Japan to teach full time after to hopefully pursue his dream to teach generations wood and metal work.

Full Name (First & Last only): Moon Shawcross
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Moon
Preferred Name: Moon

Age (Minimum is 27): 29
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: English
Current Location: Yokohama

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2019
Major(s): Engineering
Minors: Computer science

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: CELTA

Do you have any questions?:

Can I request to get my characters in game name changed from 16 to 29 to match the roleplay

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • The subject you applied for has no open space.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread