Jinju#1208

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, a blue Yeti stereo microphone.

How old are you? (Optional):
17 Years old

What is your time zone?:
PST (Pacific Standard time)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I am aware of the consequences if I were to be inactive.

Describe your activity on the server:

I'm on SRP daily. About 1/2 of the time I roleplay for my character Keisuko. The other half of the time I often spend time in VC's correlated to SRP.
I don't combat RP often, most of the times I'm a neutral party. I find myself playing SRP for sometimes 8 hours straight, and on school grounds when the school is open.
Thus, I am very active in the server and may take the occasional break for
food, water, and sleep.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No previous bans

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
My Current role in the server is a Bachelors College student.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
As a child of an English teacher, I love teaching my native language. I excel in English and leading others to the right path. It would be an honor to be able to teach something I feel deeply for. Without teachers in SRP, it wouldn't be functioning as a school. To be able to be an important part of the server, would be an amazing experience not only for me, but for other students in SRP.
I wanted to take on this role for the sole reason of teaching, which is a passion I have IRL. I plan on following my mom's footsteps to become a teacher for underserved children, and thought, "hey, might as well practice with all my ability!"

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I completely understand the conditions of applying for teacher and the training process that comes along with it.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher Class logs record the time and date spent teaching classes. Without the class logs, the teacher cannot track the amount of classes taught and therefore may not receive the right amount in their paycheck. It also keeps the teacher in check to make sure they're doing their job.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Respect your teacher and classmates when they are speaking.
2. Raise your hand to speak.
3. There is a 20 minute grace period to join the class, if one doesn't come to class in that period, the doors will be locked.
4. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
5. Any form of harassment or abuse will earn the student a detention ticket.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My experience in roleplay comes down from a long time ago with some friends. I used to verbally roleplay with others in my free time. This ranged from 5th grade all the way to now (11th grade). I had quit roleplaying in the summer of 2019 due to health, then came back to RP in september of 2021. I am glad to say roleplaying and acting have beena big part of my life since I was young.
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description:
The Head of Department is the highest ranking job in the teaching field. Head of Department often times has the most experience as a teacher and leads others to better themselves in the classes.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
A qualified teacher stands next to the Head of Department. Although may not have a fancy name, it means they were in the department for quite some time. Although, not as long as the HD, qualified teachers have taught for a set amount of time and underwent training from one to several years back.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly
qualified Teacher.
↳ Description:
A newly qualified teacher is one of the lowest ranks in the teaching field. Although not a complete new person, the NQT will still have to go through some training through the QT's and HD's. They will have to look up and respect their QT's and HD's as well. A teacher often stays at this level until they reach a certain level of experience, to where they will be promoted to a Qualified teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
An unqualified teacher is a soon to be teacher, undergoing training for future teachings. UT's must observe classes and take notes on how to teach, enforcing rules, and knowledgeable facts and strategies to deal and understand a class.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers help their students to grow intellectually and make sure students grow into a person whom will be exceptional in the work, and life field. Teachers don't only teach education, but they also teach how to be a decent human being.

Teachers earn a total of ¥350,000 for completing 10 classes within the month
And a 50k bonus for 5 classes You can only collect this bonus twice per month.

In a teachers spare time, it's often having to grade, look over, and prepare lessons for the students.
Teachers rarely have free time to goof off or be in troublesome situations. They teach through their knowledge and proceed to inflict information onto their students. As a child of a teacher, I rarely saw my mother outside of her desk. As a woman who taught in intercity Chicago, she spent less time grading papers and more time improving the life of other students.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are a very important part to SRP because not only are they the foundation of the school, but there would be no school if the teachers weren't there.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCo (Must Have, Should Have, Could Have.)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
How do they look?:
The character I'll be playing is a woman named Yui Fukuda. Yui has a relatively light upbringing to the school. Having been raised in Karakura since 7th grade, Yui finds herself in love with school and leading others.
She was a 5'2" Female with soft facial features. Her hair was a caramel brown and her eyes were a light grey. She would have a Korean accent that followed her, yet her native language was English.
Yui would be a sweet, kind and loving personality, with it's restrictions of being a teacher. She doesn't hesitate to reprimand a student, if anything her soft exterior doesn't match her personality when a fight breaks out.
She would speak in a honey-like voice, the scent of kiwi Chapstick would follow her.
Her plans are to live and retire as a teacher. She wants to make the most out of her career for the love of her job.

What makes them unique and different?:
Yui has an uncanny personality. She is energetic and loving towards people, yet her personality can change on a flip of a dime. She speaks almost in a motherly tone to her students and lives a peaceful life compared to the chaos in Karakura.

Outlook on Students?:
Yui loves people ion general, even if they are cold hearted, she has a deep connection to the students in Karakura. She is playful and helps settle nerves in the classroom. She has a big heart towards those going through a hard time, and empathizes with troubled and non-troubled students.

Outlook on Teachers?:
In general, Yui has a sort of intimidating motherly aura, yet her love for people and others her age allows her to thrive in social conducts. Teachers find themselves joking and bullying Yui for her soft personality. Yui finds this entertaining and allows anyone and all to act silly and relaxed with her.

Personality?:
Yui is a sweet, honey voiced female with a motherly aura. Shes loving and kind, yet doesn't hesitate to reprimand those troubled students. She spends her time making sure that those who need help get it. A truly kindhearted woman at the core.

Plans for the Future?:
Yui plans on staying a teacher for the rest of her life. Her passion and love creates a non-boundary with others as she induces knowledge onto her kids. She wants a family in the future and hopefully a life worth living

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Yui would casually approach the students, reprimanding that the language they use is not appropriate on school grounds. If given aggression or more cursing towards her or others. a detention will be given out the the students.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Yui would clap her hands loudly in the class, making sure if that could grab other people's attention. Then she would pinpoint the students causing a ruckus and properly scold them. She'd inform the students of staying attentive in class and staying in the subject they're in..

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
In the teachers lounge, Yui talks to other teachers and staff casually. There will be the occasional banter about problem students and students whom need help. She tries her best to lif the mood a majority of the time, and stays attentive to what other teachers say and do.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She would pace around the room, looking over shoulders to make sure no one is goofing off in her classroom. As her eyes drop onto a student playing on their phone, she slowly walks up to the male, ruffling his hair to grab his attention. "Excuse me (insert name here), it would be kind of you to leave your phone alone while the papers are being written. We wouldn't want any cheating, now do we?" She's wink slightly, smiling at the male with a finger in the air.

/me A bright smile is given by Miss.Yui. Her grin would reach every student as she looks around the class. Her hands would clap once as her eyes became crescents. "Okay class! today is another day we're learning about MLA writing and formatting for the book we are reading!" Her soft expression would soothe the class and stop the constant ruckus.

/me Miss.Yui would walk up to the troubled student, seeming they couldn't answer her question well. "Is everything ok? do I need to call the nurse?" Her eyebrows would furrow in concern for the student. Before she gently brushes her fingers over her shoulder, walking back to the front of the room to continue her lesson.

/me Yui would blink at the sudden reaction of her students. "w-wow, okay! Onomonopia's it is!" Unexpectant of their response she starts to write letters on the board. Having been surprised by their enthusiasm, she continues on with her lesson.

Backstory
Yui was a beloved child in her family. Although her mother passed at a young age, her father was a constant light in her life. He was a middle school teacher in America where Yui had lived up until 7th grade. The upbringing of Yui wasn’t simple. She had been bullied for her weight since she was in 5th grade. It didn’t help when she and her father moved to Karakura, Japan, where it seemed everyone was perfect. She was 5’2” and weighed around 120 lbs by 9th grade. In that year, Yui’s father had gotten ill and was transported to another area in Japan. Although wanting to go with him, she was rejected by the truth that she wouldn’t help his recovery.
As she lived alone in a small apartment in Karakura, Yui was met with a kind man who worked for the school. He took her under his wing, showing her the wonders of his work. Almost as if the timing was uncanny, Yui’s father passed a month after meeting the male. He was an older gentleman who enjoyed his work. He was a father-like figure to Yui and she never took that for granted to this day.
Yui found herself using her English capabilities to help her fellow student’s grow as a whole. As she aged older, she found herself in love with the older gentleman’s job. Unfortunately, he passed soon after her graduation. Having wanted to study more on her English skills, she returns to school back in America to earn an English degree.
Returning back to her hometown, her outlook on not only herself, but others improved. She fell in love with her town once more with the people around her. Almost as if she opened a new door to survive in the world without her loved ones, she made new ones. Having not been brought up in the most depressing situation, Yui found herself loving school and teaching as a whole. Her enthusiastic personality grew more as she continued her journey as a teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Yui fukuda
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Yui
Preferred Name: Miss.Yui

Age (Minimum is 27): 32
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Not married, nor engaged.

Nationality: Korean American
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Bachelors in Enlgish, Masters in Teaching
Year of Graduation: 2002
Major(s): English, teaching
Minors: Art, Communicative arts, Social work

Native Languages: English/Japanese
Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes

Extra
Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:
N
ote: My main account is Dubuu_RP but I would like my teacher account on Duvuu_RP

Users who are viewing this thread