Denied DumplingLobo | Lore Team Application

milkyram

Level 17
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
IGN: DumplingLobo

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): baa#1016

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via Discord? I do, yes!

Your time zone and current country of residence: My timezone is EST & I’m in the U.S.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team? I recognize that I could be removed from the team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team. Honestly, the main thing that would pose an issue is my mental health. I struggle a lot with mental illness & am currently doing two types of therapy once a week. While I often use SRP amongst other games to cope with this, I sometimes have bad days where I don’t want to do anything. However, I will always make an effort to be present if I’m needed & will communicate properly should I be unable to make it to anything.

In addition to this, over the next few months, I’ll be preparing for my brother’s wedding! If there are days when I won’t be available due to it, I’ll be sure to say so in advance.

What makes you passionate about writing?: Writing has — & likely always will have — a special place in my heart. I’ve loved it ever since I was little & it has, & continues to be, a source of comfort for me. I use writing to express myself like most & also to cope with things I’ve experienced. I often incorporate parts of myself & my life into the characters I create to keep a personal element that keeps me attached to them. I have so many ideas that pop into my head & I love putting them into writing — whether it be for a character, a character’s backstory, or just a story. There isn’t a day that goes by where I’m not writing stories in my mind. In general, writing plays a huge role in my life & has helped me in many ways mentally & emotionally. Along with this, it’s allowed me to meet some incredible people, some of who I’m still in contact with today.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: I do, yes! There’s a running joke between my friends & me that I create too many characters. That’s because I always think of different types of lore & want to put those ideas to use. Sometimes it works out, others it doesn’t — it’s very much trial & error. I have a handful of characters I’ve planned out lore for, & I often share this with my friends who participate in said lore. I’ve even helped others create &/or plan out their own.

As for creative writing, that’s something I’ve indulged in a lot as well. My experience & love for it expanded tenfold when I started using an app called Wattpad a few years ago. I always created stories & shared them, even when my grammar & punctuation wasn’t 100%. I loved it & was always happy when others did as well. I’ve written short stories for school, while others were more personal & for my eyes only.

I’m always open to gaining more experience & knowledge in writing because I’m sure there’s a lot I don’t know. I'm positive that being a part of the team would likely expand my writing even further.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: Lore is, probably, one of the most important parts of any story or character. It covers the background, which is the basis for things that have happened or may happen in the future. Without it, it’ll always be hollow — a story or character with no purpose.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(626 Words)

Taking a late-night stroll, in Karakura no less, can be either refreshing or terrifying. There is rarely an in-between. For Saeran Xingyun — a redhead with a temper as short as his person — it was supposed to be the former. However, nothing ever goes to plan. Not for him.

The young man needed to clear his mind, and what better way to achieve this than by taking a walk? Saeran — or Ray, preferably — decided to do just that and began his adventure around the town alone. He could’ve called someone to accompany him, sure, but they would’ve more than likely irritated him to no end. Besides, his brother had been absent — kept away by serious tasks. Ray didn’t dare disturb him. He could handle himself, anyway... right?

The redhead’s walk was going pretty smoothly. The night was quiet for once, only the brushing of wind accompanied by his footsteps reaching his ears. It was chilly out, and even with the fluffy jacket embracing him, goosebumps still broke out across his skin. Damn winter, he mentally huffed. He shoved his hands — which were littered with scars of varying sizes — into the safety of his pockets as he approached the back end of the school.

Traveling through the sewers wasn’t uncommon, as criminals and adventurers loved to go through the system to explore or run away. However, it wasn’t unreasonable for someone to believe they could walk past a sewer entrance and not get attacked. Despite Ray usually being overly cautious and paranoid, he didn’t think much about the sewer opening he was approaching.

He would soon come to regret his lack of awareness.

Everything happened so quickly; The young man did not notice the faint sound of noise within the sewer ahead, nor did he expect something — or someone — to latch onto his ankle when he reached it. The grip was firm, and before he knew it, Ray immediately went tumbling onto the cold, hard ground. As a result of being startled, the poor soul let out the loudest, high-pitched scream he’d ever screamed.

On the other end, a young, blonde woman had just emerged from the sewers after trying to locate the entrance — or for her, exit — for nearly an hour. Mackenzie Labouz — or Mick, preferably — poked her head out as she looked around. God, it felt good to breathe the fresh air instead of the damp and dirty sewer water. What was that scream? Did some small, frail animal just die? That was when her attention shifted down, and she finally noticed the male laying face-first on the floor. Oh.

“Uh… You good?”

No, no he was not. Ray just wanted one night of peace, yet the universe denied him even that. He damn near had a heart attack and this sewer-dwelling rat had the nerve to ask if he was GOOD? He made his irritation and bafflement clear when he abruptly stood, facing the blonde with gritted teeth and a sour expression.

“I’m walking in the middle of the night and my ankle gets grabbed out of nowhere. NO, I’M NOT GOOD—!”

“Well, thinking about it now, I can kinda tell considering you… crumbled. To be honest, that was kinda pathetic.”

If the redhead didn’t care about possibly going to jail, he undoubtedly would’ve launched at this woman for her remark. Instead, he opted for shooting words coated in agitation and adrenaline, which prompted the blonde to do the same. A comedic, animated interaction that lasted for roughly 15 minutes, just to end with the two becoming friends (somewhat).

“By the way, you scream like a little girl.”

“I swear to GOD-”

Understandably, Ray had no intentions of going on walks alone from that point forward. On the positive side, he gained a new friend!

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(863 Words)

Shinsei Seinaru Monastery is a sacred haven surrounded by grim tales & blessings. Its history is admirable, as it has withstood grueling hardships. Despite being set ablaze on two separate occasions, it has stood taller and better after each time.

However, there is a rumor — a tale about one of the burnings. No one knows whether it happened in place of one of the fires historically recorded or if it was a third incident altogether. It was still a mystery all the same. A tale recounting a priest’s despair towards the town he and his beloved shrine resided in. To Nobutoshi Hanzō, Karakura was cursed — a disease that nothing holy could eradicate.

The shrine, a symbol of the almighty mountain Kami Chiharu-Yamatsumi, did not belong in a filth-infested town. To ‘save’ it, Nobutoshi decided to reduce it to ashes — and he did so in the late hours of one quiet, chilling night. Winter had yet to begin, yet the cold being carried by the winds prepared for its arrival. Unfortunately, the cold would not lessen the blaze that would soon ensue.

The priest spent a few hours creating a traditional black and red lantern before heading to the shrine. He hadn’t lit it — not yet. Upon arriving, Nobutoshi’s dreary eyes gazed upon the Torii that stood tall before him. As all Shrine priests and maidens did, he bowed before it, uttering quiet prayers before moving past it. He stood before the main building, staring at it as he slowly removed the lighter hidden in his pocket. He lit the flame within the carefully crafted lantern, sparing the Torii behind him one last glance. Nobutoshi then released the lantern, trembling hands shoving it directly toward the building’s entrance. Anyone with common sense and knowledge about fire safety knows that lanterns are fire hazards if they hit the ground while lit. So, of course, once the elegant lantern reached the wooden floor, flames sparked. It grew into a fierce blaze, spreading to the walls, the furniture, the ceiling… Then the trees that surrounded it all.

That night, the beloved shrine of Karakura went down, and with it, a priest.

In the present, the shrine is more sturdy and beautiful than it ever was. However, above the dojo was an old, corroded building. The only remnant and memory of what the shrine used to be. That’s what most people, including the shrine staff, believed.

In the far east of Kaigan Beach — located behind the Saiky Estate — was a lone Torii. Lost to time, it was rarely ever visited. It had only the company of the ocean’s waves that rushed against the rocky, sandy terrain it stood on. Upon further inspection, it was apparent that certain parts of the Torii had decayed. The faintest scent of burnt wood stood out the closer one got to it. The only part of this gate that appeared unscathed was the abnormal, pearl-white bell that hung from the center.

During the middle of the night, if someone were to pass by this part of the beach, they would hear the faint ring of a bell. A young boy wandered to the area to look for colorful seashells unbeknownst to his mother and was ‘lucky’ enough to witness this sound. It’s common knowledge that children have unfathomable curiosity, so the child searched for the source of this odd noise. Amid exploring, he heard a distant weeping from a higher rocky, sandy cliff. Suddenly, it was as if his body had an individual mind; He felt himself getting tugged toward the source of the cries. Before he knew it, the young boy was a few feet away from the Torii. Beneath it was a man dressed in a white and red kimono, kneeling with his hands and head on the ground.

The child opened his mouth to speak — to ask this poor man if he was okay — yet he couldn’t. A burning sensation crawled up his throat like a tarantula, and he discovered he couldn’t move. Abruptly, the man stood, and it was then that the young boy noticed how filthy his clothes were. At first, the boy believed it was from sitting on the ground for too long, but was quickly proven wrong. As the man slowly turned around, the boy felt his fingertips grow warm. The more the man turned, the more this warmth grew until his hands — and progressively, his throat — felt as if they were burning. His eyes widened, his small frame beginning to tremble as the rest of his body became cold. The older individual was now facing the younger one, and the latter finally opened his mouth to let out a desperate, bone-chilling scream.

No one knows what exactly happened that night. The mother tried everything she could to get an answer from her son, yet she couldn’t; He couldn’t recall the events without entering a state of panic. All she knows is that ever since then, he’s been having night terrors about a man that was missing half his face. A man whose skin had corroded and appeared severely charred.

A man turned to ashes, lost in history with the gate he last prayed to — Nobutoshi Hanzō.

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
Unfortunately, we do not find you suitable due to your current history on the server.​

Users who are viewing this thread