mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied edgybabyparty | Receptionist Application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
edgybabyparty

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): edgyy#3168

How old are you? (Optional): 17 and a senior in highschool.

What is your time zone?: EST

Describe your activity on the server: 7 | 10

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

Banned on 12 | 02 | 23
- For not following the rules and avoiding RP

Banned on 02 | 24 | 23
- For supposedly “ERP”

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I understand completely.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

When students, family, and guests enter a school, the first person they meet is the receptionist. The primary responsibilities as a school receptionist revolve around communication. As a result, they must be conversant with correct phone and email etiquette, as well as have good interpersonal skills. Keeping data, scheduling meetings, and fostering communication between teachers, staff, and families are everyday responsibilities. In some situations, in addition to receiving tasks, the receptionist may be asked to give secretarial assistance.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have been playing for quite a bit now, I started playing in August 2020. I would say my general experience in roleplay would be being able to calm down people and giving them advice on what to do logically.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

By joining the School Employee faction, I will gain a different perspective on SRP and gain a better understanding of how students and faculty interact.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Age 18, Grade 12.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Cela sighs, she looks at the student speaking to them calmly “I understand your anger, and I am sorry for you to feel this way but- please tell me what can I do instead to help you? I am trying to understand why you feel this way.”

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

In an effort to separate them, Cela runs over. In response to being pushed over by a student, she hides her radio in order to call for assistance, but shouts out, "WHAT IS THAT?!?" The distracted students are quickly separated from her, with another school staff member coming to stop the fight.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Going up to the school employee preparing to act dangerously, Cela asks "What's going on?" As they are obviously defensive and trying to hide their actions, she quickly figures out what is going on. As she smiled politely, she asked, "I want to understand what you are doing, please explain to me?" After a few minutes of listening, she questioned, "You know what, I'm not quite understanding. What happened? I'd like to hear your side.” She pretends to understand and agree with the school employee's reasoning for why their decision is a dangerous one, looking at her watch as she says, “Ah yes, I agree with you but… I sadly have to go for a bit, please wait on this decision till I get back okay?” She then quickly goes to the Head of her department explaining the situation.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

As Cela walks over to the countertop, she pours herself some black coffee. As she looks around the room, she smiles, enjoying the company and enjoyment of those around her. Inquiring about an employee's day, she asks how they're doing. The overall atmosphere is calm, but she is satisfied with the job and the people around her.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:
  • /me Looking up at the student she takes the reward tokens from their hand. After she counts the rewards she then opens the drawer to place them inside, and looks for the student’s prize. Taking a bit to look for a reward in different chests, she finds a perfect one for the student, handing it to them with a smile on her face “You did a good job, enjoy your reward!”
  • /me Cela looks at the student who approached to the front desk, smiling at them “Hello! Is there anything I can do for you today?” Students ask for some more school supplies “Oh! Of course- give me one moment” Opening up the drawer she takes out a pencil, pen, and some books “Make sure to not lose them next time” She smiles at them handing them the supplies.
  • /me Looking around the front entrance area Cela notices the student being distressed, she whispers to her fellow receptionist saying she sees a student who clearly looks upset, asking if it's alright to go check up on them. After hearing the other receptionists' agreed answer, she goes up to the student making sure they're okay.
In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only): Marcela Wu

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Preferred Name: Cela

Age (Minimum is 25): 29

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s degree
Major(s): Computer Science.
Minors: Psychology + Mathematics.

Nationality: Latina + Russian.

Known Languages:
  • Latin
  • Russian
Backstory

Being born in Peru in 1993 at 4:20 in morning, Marcela was born. She was the oldest of 6 siblings, from a very young age she always wanted to be a helping hand. Being very kind to others and helping them out whenever they needed help was Marcela’s biggest trait of her personality. During Marcela’s childhood her father was always at work being a construction worker, so there weren't a lot of times where she saw her father. But she always helped her mother with her younger siblings, taking care of them whenever her mother went out shopping for food, clothes, and toys. She had four sisters and twin brothers. Whenever she had her own time, which was very rare, she would draw. Always having a passion for designing her own characters, their clothes, and being creative with her drawings.

During preschool, her classmates always questioned her on why her hair color was much lighter than theirs and why her eyes were blue, but yet her skin color was almost the same as theirs. She never really understood why, whenever she asked her mother even though she didn't know why. But it was only until during her preteens her mother finally told her, saying how she cheated on her father with a Russian traveler coming to Peru. Her mother also lied to her husband that the reason why Marcela’s appearances were different from his was because of her mother being blonde and having blue eyes. Although her mother still sends letters to the Russian traveler even now and then. Marcela didn't know what to think, seeing how all of her siblings had black hair, dark brown eyes, and having the same skin tone as her, she found it very awkward but didn't really care at the same time she knew that her mother still loved her and her siblings so it didn't really change her.

But moving forward to her secondary school years she was in honor roles, having A+’s in almost all of her classes, and was very responsible. She wanted to learn Russian to meet the traveler that came to Peru, she was always curious about him thinking if her personality was similar to his. She would learn Russian afterschool on the school’s computer, using flashcards to help her and such. But continuing on to her graduating Secondary school, her whole family was so proud of her they threw a huge party. She then attended college, while during her time there she started to have an interest in computers, with a thought of working in a school environment, she decided to learn psychology understanding people emotions and their thought process. But when she was young as well, she was always good at math so she decided to progress her mathematics skills in college.

Now moving more forward, she graduated with a Bachelor's degree, her major being Computer Science and her minors being Psychology and Mathematics. After going online and looking at what she wanted to do next, she started to become curious about Asian culture. She didn't really want to stay with her family, she wanted to live on her own and have her own place. So the next option was to learn Japan and go to Japan. After a couple months of practicing Japanese, understanding the language and the culture, she decided to look for apartments there and pack her bags to go. While at the airport with all of crying of joy and her family being proud, she flew off to Japan in a town called Karakura. Moving into her apartment and having everything settled, she didn't know what type of job she wanted to do, her rent needed to be paid and didn't want to just stay in the apartment forever so she decided to look for a job that was in a school environment, after finding KHS. She applied for being a Receptionist.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): N / A.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

As everyone has the same chances of getting this job, my acceptance seems unfair in the sense that others are given a greater chance than myself. As a professional and hard-working candidate, I believe that I am an excellent candidate since I am responsible and will work hard. Due to my organizational skills, I should also be able to help myself, my students, and my colleagues. It has long been an important skill for me to be able to communicate with others effectively, and I respect that skill as a valuable one for me. It is important to me that I explore other options besides my educational background and experience. Basically, in order to get a deeper understanding of the different jobs out there, I would like to learn more about them.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N / A.

Do you have any questions?:
No, I do not.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Denied

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for this position! But compared to the other applicants, unfortunately, I've chosen to deny this application.
- When explaining about the receptionist role, try to focus more on what they do on SRP more than in real life

You may re-apply in 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread