editable classrooms suggestion!

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
IGN: The_8eightRP
DATE: 5/5/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Editmode for classrooms for both teachers and professors.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: People will now be able to customise their own classrooms to make it fit their character I know a lot of different professors want this and can see this being a little hard to add to all the classrooms but I think this'd be a great addition none the less (note: I am aware you can ask this via faculty requests but I still believe this to be a more efficient way to decorate your own classrooms as staff aren't available to do a makeover for your classrooms 24/7 and I don't blame em)

Joe.exe

Level 47
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
+1
I have a teacher friend who once complained to me that classroom editing was too much of a hassle.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
Ah the good ol days when we used to be able to do this. Class pet Bob the pufferfish killed many students in his day. Very good times. If only they brought this back sobbing

pashy

Level 183
You already can request minor changes for your class.. They have a specific style I don't think we can trust all teachers to mess with their class how they want

Arocatula

Level 194
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
Like what pash said, there is a request in the discord to request a certain style for your classroom (even though you already know). And if this is abused by some bad teachers/professors, it's not as bad as apartments, because these are classrooms. I like your suggestion regardless but I pretty much don't think we're at that point where teachers and professors can edit their classrooms.

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

Shouldn't be hard to implement and it'll allow professors AND TEACHERS to customize their classrooms and edit them on the spot for class events.

pashy

Level 183
+1111 I need to put my art straight center on @TwerkingJesusRP2's chalkboard!!!

Like I said "You already can request minor changes." I'm very certain this could be requested.. I don't think teachers/professors should have complete control over their class' s customization but rather be able to change minor objects or additions to their class

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
Like I said "You already can request minor changes." I'm very certain this could be requested.. I don't think teachers/professors should have complete control over their class' s customization but rather be able to change minor objects or additions to their class
It’s been a month, i’ve literally quit the faction and i’ve been informed that the request for the changes to be made for my classroom are quite literally still up despite my inability to hold classes within the state of the classroom I was given. it would be significantly more effective to grant teachers the opportunity, and much more rewarding to allow professors and teachers to decorate their own classrooms. We are only allowed to edit our classrooms directly if a builder is available to help us do it, or through the aforementioned request system on the discord that is rarely looked over, and mainly focuses on other responsibilities and necessities for teachers, professors and various faculty. the system presently I find is a bit ridiculous and requires a significant amount of unnecessary attention from SLT or Builders, who are much more occupied in their own tasks, to constantly be editing classrooms, than teachers or professors, who should be more than capable of doing this on their own if granted the opportunity.

pashy

Level 183
It’s been a month, i’ve literally quit the faction and i’ve been informed that the request for the changes to be made for my classroom are quite literally still up despite my inability to hold classes within the state of the classroom I was given. it would be significantly more effective to grant teachers the opportunity, and much more rewarding to allow professors and teachers to decorate their own classrooms. We are only allowed to edit our classrooms directly if a builder is available to help us do it, or through the aforementioned request system on the discord that is rarely looked over, and mainly focuses on other responsibilities and necessities for teachers, professors and various faculty. the system presently I find is a bit ridiculous and requires a significant amount of unnecessary attention from SLT or Builders, who are much more occupied in their own tasks, to constantly be editing classrooms, than teachers or professors, who should be more than capable of doing this on their own if granted the opportunity.

I don't think a solution to this would be giving all educating staff accesses to completely edit and customize their own classroom.. A good solution could be a better system that makes "minor changes" go quicker or for Kimi to give more attention for the requests and deal with them in a span of less than a week

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
You always can to ask a builder to re-build the class
I dont want more lags around the school.

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
You already can request minor changes for your class.. They have a specific style I don't think we can trust all teachers to mess with their class how they want
I know you can but I don't see why not? If we can't trust teachers with classrooms then how can we trust players with apartments?

Last edited:

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
You always can to ask a builder to re-build the class
I dont want more lags around the school.
Lag is indeed a valid argument but you gotta keep in mind builders have a lot of commisions and aren't always available. (Again not blamin em ;p)

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Lag is indeed a valid argument but you gotta keep in mind builders have a lot of commisions and aren't always available. (Again not blamin em ;p)
There's a reason why normal people wont build a class; in fact, KimiNoUso was a builder as well.

I dont agree with that people will build their own classes, it didnt end so well 2 years ago. I believe if u will ask ur faction lead he will help u to get a builder.

Kana

Level 131
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

It worked fine a long time ago; it'll work fine now. It gave much more life to classrooms.

Arocatula

Level 194
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
I know you can but I don't see why not? If we can't trust teachers with classrooms then how can we trust players with apartments?
This is because classrooms are typically more important because they're classrooms for SchoolRP and they don't need to be abused in building since they need to look pretty good and not weird.
Though most teachers/professors may be trustable, you never know what might happen. There is a valid reason why they removed classroom editing in the first place.

KimiNoUso

Level 343
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback, however I have come to the decision to deny it.

- Teachers & Professors can already request minor changes to their classrooms already through #faculty-requests in Discord (seating arrangements, paintings/posters, signs, etc.). So long as the faction lead gives approval, they may also have a Builder arranged to edit the interior of the classroom more extensively.​
- We removed custom classrooms a year or so ago, a reason for such wasn't given. The reason we won't be bringing this back is because of the lack of consistency between classrooms; it was majorly unrealistic walking into one room which was jungle-themed and another which looked like your average highschool classroom.​

Users who are viewing this thread