mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted eeerin's application

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeerin

Level 5
IGN (In Game Name): eeerin
Previous bans: One or two, I don't remember what for though.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am playing a lot more frequently now since I am on Summer break now.
However, I have quit several times over the course of the past few months but now I am here to stay. As I return to school my activity may become less frequent, but I cannot be certain of that.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?: Yes.

Do you have a microphone?: I have one built into my laptop, but I can always buy one.

List your current and past applications:
I applied for English teacher and was accepted two times, I applied for School Nurse and was accepted.

What is your motivation for applying?: I have always been very passionate on enlightening others and educating other people. I have befriended many teachers over the past few days and their jobs have inspired me and motivated me to apply again. Having teachers in a variety of subjects will benefit the Roleplay itself and I wish to contribute to the improvement of the server.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?: Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?: Of course.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?: Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?:
As a teacher, I must send a letter to the Principal’s office about the trip. The letter must be sent at least one fortnight before the planned date for the trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
All students will speak when spoken to unless told otherwise
2. All students must remain seated during the lesson unless told otherwise
3. Any disruption of the lesson will result in a warning. If the lesson continues to be interrupted then punishment will be put into place
4. Missed classwork will be caught up as homework

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
From my past experience as a roleplayer I have learned several things. As a teacher, you are a role model to the pupils. You are a person of authority to them, therefore, you are expected to lead a good example for the youth. As a teacher you are responsible for the students when they are in your classroom. Being a teacher in the past has lead up to me being the roleplayer I am today, and I am a lot more responsible now. From my previous experience I have learned to act my age and be more mature as a RPer.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?:
Yes. I understand.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?:
I wouldn't change much, probably just the way that the teachers sometimes act towards the students. I would change this because the students sometimes find it difficult to understand the teachers when they use big words, or when they act serious all of the time. I as a student found it a lot easier when teachers let themselves a bit looser and communicated with the pupils better.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general:
Teachers are here to provide education and knowledge both in game and in real life. They try their hardest and do their best as members of the school staff to widen the knowledge that the students have. Teachers often plan their lessons before and after classes and in their spare time, they mark work, homework, essays etc. Teachers in the UK earn between £22,467 and £38,241 a year. The purpose of the teachers is to teach the youth what they need to know before they step into the real world.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are what makes a School Roleplay server a school! Teachers not only make the server realistic but they do also educate and inform us like real teachers do.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee - In this case, a trainee is a teacher in the making. They are finding out about the skills required for their desired career choice.
Newly Qualified Teacher - A newly Qualified Teacher is someone who is new to teaching. They often are substitutes for missing staff members. These people make mistakes.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - A teacher whom can do their job skillfully without any issues.
Head of Department - These teachers are in charge of a particular department within school. These people are responsible for making sure their co-workers obey the Code of Conduct.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning is the 'Must have, Should have, Could have' system

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?:
My character has olive skin, dark brown hair and eyes to match. Her favourite colour is red and she wears it often. She usually dresses formally for work. She is quite mysterious as she never reveals too much about herself, but others tend to spill themselves to her. She is a very good listener. She adores the students that she teaches and she hopes the best for them. When it comes to other teachers, she is friendly but she does not consider many to be her genuine 'friends'. Her personality is a little mixed. She is a strict teacher when she has to be but otherwise, she is calm, relaxed and collected. Her lessons often have a twist of fun to spice up her classes. In the future, she plans to Marry and start a family, but she is definitely not in a rush to settle down.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Give them a warning. If they refuse to obey the rules then I will detain them or seek someone of higher authority to deal with them properly.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Wait patiently for them to settle down, and if they don't, then I will describe to them their punishment if they do not listen.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?:
She often keeps herself to herself. She isn't one to chatter on, on and on but she likes to make polite conversation.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me shuffles her papers, her eyes wandering around the room.
/me types up an email to another member of staff, keeping a close watch on the class.
/me separates the disruptive students and continues with the lesson.
/me takes the register for the class, looking up to see who she recognizes.
/me writes her name on the board in block capitals.

BACKSTORY

Erin had always been an introvert. The curiously smart girl. The girl who never speaks... She was definitely not one to show her backside to the world and say 'Screw you!' to anybody in her way. People often thought of her as weak, since she never stood up for herself or defended herself and her body language was awkward. Erin was a shy girl since Primary school. She would be embarrassed by the silliest of things and was always worrying. 'What do they think?' was the question she was always asking herself. Everybody else's opinions were more important than her own. She focused on her work a lot of the time and never really cared about popularity or anything as a teenager. However, no matter how many times she said it, she always worried about what people thought of her. She experienced the problems that teenagers do, such as bullying, insecurities, depression and worse. She moved from school to school a couple of times, since she continued to have ongoing problems with other pupils and with the environment of the classes. She eventually moved to a small, quiet high school with only around 50 pupils. The staff there were especially trained to deal with youths who struggled in bigger schools. At first, she felt as if she didn't belong. She had little friends, and she didn't handle friendship groups very well. As the years dragged on, she settled very well and began to love school. From there, her grades improved drastically and she left the school with outstanding levels but she had not set herself a career goal. She drifted from job to job, gradually earning enough money to buy her own house and move abroad. She now lives peacefully in Japan, where she dreams of becoming a successful English teacher at the local school.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Erin Genowefa Kowalski
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Erin
Preferred Name: Miss Kowalski / Erin

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: English/Polish
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree: Master's Degree

Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): English & History
Minors: P.E, Science & Graphics

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Polish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Additional notes about your application (if any): The maths behind this last little section is probably horribly wrong, you'll have to excuse me for that! I haven't done anything involving serious Mathematics in weeks. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread