B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
IGN:
emerveiller

DATE:
14/06/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Add a way to view a contact's information!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Now, this might be crazy. However, have you ever forgotten who a contact is associated with, IGN-wise? Well, I have! When I'm going through and cleaning out old contacts from forever ago, I forget who they belong to! Normally, when you save contacts, you use the character RP name, though. . . what if that person stops playing the character, or you forgot the person EVEN EXISTED (fake friend if you ask me). That's where this command can come in handy!

What would the command be? Well, probably like the other commands that will./have been added!

/contact information/info [NAME]
or
/info contact [NAME]
(either one works... there could also be a shorter one)

Now, what could this look like in chat? Simple! ex;
[CONACT INFORMATION]
[IGN ASSOCIATED]
[RPNAME]
[DATE ADDED]

[# OF TEXT SENT/RECIEVED]
(this is not chat accurate... I'm sure the amazing devs we have will make it much prettier)

Now, you might be thinking. Why do you want to know all of this extra mumbo-jumbo such as the date added and the number of texts? Well, to answer that, I have no idea! I find it interesting to have more detail to it. Like some messaging platforms, for contacts, they have little information on stuff like this, and I feel like it could be a cool way to see how much you text people! This might not seem like the most needed idea, duh, but it could be helpful!

Before making this thread, I did read the Trello board, and THERE IS NOTHING FOR THIS! SO DONT SAY THERE IS <:(

Last edited:

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I mean, not to random callers just people you've added to avoid metagame.. man I have so many old contacts I don't want to get rid of but who tf are they ;sob;

+1

suneaterchan

Level 105
-1 solely because it could easily be used to metagame… if someone unknown number called you, all you would have to do is add it as a contact then run the command to get their IGN. I think it is a staff only command to view associated IGNs for a reason….a way to view text stats would be cool though

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
-1 solely because it could easily be used to metagame… if someone unknown number called you, all you would have to do is add it as a contact then run the command to get their IGN. I think it is a staff only command to view associated IGNs for a reason….a way to view text stats would be cool though
okay...... now that you do say this, it does make sense to not have it. . . Maybe instead a contact STATS command would be cool, like you said

_BritishAutism_

Level 93
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
^ -1

It's a good idea, but people would use it to meta, just like sun said

Another note, only KPD should have this since realistically they can track numbers.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Sun pretty much explained the downside to this idea. In theory, it is an appealing addition, but it could easily be abused
^ -1

It's a good idea, but people would use it to meta, just like sun said

Another note, only KPD should have this since realistically they can track numbers.
Not exactly how it works. Tracking down phone numbers requires staff assistance in order to precisely avoid accidental meta-gaming

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

If you look at Trello board they are planning to introduce a way to make anonymous calls. Have your average player be able to decide if they want to be found or not OOCly. If their IGN is secretive for cases where metagaming is an issue then they would have the option to make the call anonymous

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
- We've re-implemented the hover-able text which will allow you to see the In-Game Name of an incoming caller or texter; the reason for this is it's much simpler to implement and doesn't require adding additional commands to an already complicated system. If you discover any kind of metagame with this, please contact a member of staff.​
- Later down the line we'll be introducing a payphone system which will allow players to make anonymous calls for those that wish to not be discovered.​

Users who are viewing this thread