Accepted Ems application :3

chel

Level 6

IGN (In-Game Name):
ilovepanda19

What is your discord username?
domochel

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server is much less than that of the other applicants. Nowadays, I find myself on the server running around for about an hour or two if I'm feeling adventurous with no objective in mind. Of course, if I am accepted, I can assure you my activity within the faction will not be an issue, as my time zone allows me to be very flexible in terms of general activity. Another fact about my activity within the server is that I can usually hop on at very "bizarre" hours of the night as I suffer from extreme insomnia and work very late hours.

In regards to reputation, I have never been banned or warned. I've never had any issues with staff on the server during my whole time as a player except for when I was viciously sobbing to an ex-admin in /help to give my College role back after it was robbed from me about two years ago. (I ended up losing the password for that account)
The only notable thing worth mentioning is that I was demoted from KPD due to inactivity. I don't really have much to say about this, as I just found the faction really boring in comparison to what others had said about it being the "most engaging experience in all of SRP." Of course, I hold no animosity whatsoever, and I believe that the demotion was completely my fault. I take 100% accountability for the lack of activity during my time as an officer. This was the only demotion I've gotten from any faction on SRP, and I can assure you it will also be the last, as this was never an issue with me before!!!

What is your timezone?:
Eastern Standard Time - EST

List your current and past applications:
KPD Application (ACCEPTED)
Teacher Application (ACCEPTED)
Shrine Maiden Application (ACCEPTED)
EMS Internship Application (ACCEPTED)
Psychiatrist Application (ACCEPTED)
Occult Club Member Application (ACCEPTED)
French Application x2 (ACCEPTED)
Italian Application x2 (ACCEPTED)
JSL Application x2 (ACCEPTED)
Tagalog Application (ACCEPTED)
Height Authorization Application (ACCEPTED)
Chef Application (DENIED)
KPD Application (DENIED)

List your current roles on the server:
ilovepanda19 - (current account) [18] Grade 12
pipsqueak190 - [14] Grade 8
19ch - [21] Adult

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
This is the first and only type of roleplay community I have been involved in. However, I would say I'm relatively experienced in SRP through various roles I've acquired throughout my time on this server. I had the opportunity to take the first in-person exams for college and even attended the graduation ceremony, which was pretty cool to personally interact with the SLT during that whole ordeal. I have been in almost every faction-- with the exception of the town faction (;-;). My first major role within this server was most definitely being a part of the Shrine faction, where I stayed loyal for almost three years, climbing the ranks and eventually becoming the Head Priest and second in command. I was also in the school faction as a sociology teacher, where I joined various sports teams and clubs, including the Journalism club, while also dabbling into the crime side the server had to offer. I then joined EMS and KPD shortly after, and the rest is history.

It should also be taken into consideration that I was once heavily a part of EMS from the beginning of 2021 as I joined the very small support group that was offered during that time alongside the first EMS internship before eventually applying for EMS myself and being promoted to the Head Psychiatrist! During my time in this role, I was able to learn much more than a regular psychiatrist would in terms of certain treatments and surgeries. I trained new members of the faction, interacted with fellow higher-ups, and had a say in new applications while also posing suggestions and/or advice for certain situations that needed my input.

What is your motivation for applying?
I've been eyeing certain factions, and after seeing applications open up after almost three whole months, I decided I'd take my chances by applying now rather than miss the deadline completely and regret it later. My motivation for applying is just to enjoy my time on the server, as I try to emphasize in every application I make. My activity within the server declined greatly as my friends had all quit, and there was nothing else keeping me active. This server, for me, was an outlet where I could exhaust all my creativity and create unique characters with distinctive dynamics, yet I found myself feeling burnt out whenever I logged on. This was one of the factors that made me stray away from this server for so long, and now that I have a lot more free time, I've been trying to get back into SRP. Admittedly, however, it is pretty boring without a faction as I'll just aimlessly run around trying to interact with anyone that I can– whether it be current EMS or random participants alike. With the recent announcement that EMS would be reviewing applications, I thought it was the perfect time for me to apply once more to the faction I adored and invested so much of my time into. From my past experience within EMS as a psychiatrist, it was the most memorable and engaging faction in the server. I genuinely enjoyed my time in EMS, and I hope I can experience the faction once again, this time through a completely new role. I had always found interest in the doctor/surgeon side of the hospital as a psychiatrist, yet I never found the time or motivation to switch roles as I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the psychiatric team. However, I think this is the perfect time to finally quell my curiosity and face it head-on by applying to become a doctor while applications are finally open!
. . .
Also, money is a big factor. I need to renew my penthouse soon.
Being driven by the EMS paycheck, I can almost say with certainty that I will be more than active trying to cash in as much as I possibly can.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor, and perhaps Paramedic as time goes by.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I’d say more than the average person would. Due to my previous position in the EMS, I was taught various things such as stitching methods, medicines that were on standby and patrols around the city. Personally, I would say I have extensive knowledge of hospital work. Some of this knowledge can include;

Basic Patient Care (BPC for short);
When hospital staff are dealing with a patient, it is crucial to maintain a mature and civil attitude throughout the whole process. Staff must make sure patients are feeling safe and happy to the best of their abilities and always keep them as the top priority. Of course, patients are also allowed to refuse any sort of treatment and/or staff.
The three categories of BPC:
Bruises
- Usually treated with an ice pack and, if necessary, an X-ray scan to make sure nothing is wrong with the bone(s).
Minor Cuts
- Treated by disinfecting the surrounding area with saline or a disinfectant wipe before applying antibiotic cream. The second part is completely dependent on the wound however the cut must always be bandaged with either adhesive bandage or medical-grade cotton bandaging.
Unconscious Patient Care
- Patients are treated by being brought to the ER where they are hooked up to an IV alongside hydration fluids and a heart rate monitor to check their vitals. After scanning for any injuries by /it, use a penlight to check irises for any dilution. If dilution is seen, use an MRI or CT to scan.

Hospital Codes;
Used whenever there is an emergency and is called over the radio
Code Red - Fire within the hospital facility
Code Orange - Hazardous Material or Spilled incident
Code Yellow - Disaster within the hospital
Code Green - Emergency Exit
Code Blue - Medical Emergency
Code Violet - Violent individual is within the hospital
Code Pink - Child/infant abduction
Code Brown - Severe Weather
Code Black - Bomb
Code Silver - Active Shooter
Code White - Evacuation

Med-Kit Supplies;
What is provided in a standard EMS Med-Kit
Various types of gauze pads
Band-aids
Adhesive tape
Antiseptic wipes
Antiseptic solutions
Antibiotics and Anti-scarring ointment
Tweezers
Scissors
Thermometer
Disposable instant cold packs
Alcohol wipes
Plastic non-latex gloves
Flashlight alongside extra-batteries
Emergency blanket
CPR mouthpiece
Splint
Needles

When heading to a scene as EMS, you should always bring;
- A Med-Kit
- Two portable IV bags
- Blood bag (250-300mL)
In terms of actually heading to the scene, you should be accompanied by a fellow co-worker, unless the situation only calls for one EMS worker. Usually, you would also have to action filling up your needle with Midazolam however I believe this has changed as it is now an actual functional item used by hospital workers. To go out for a patrol around the city you would usually have to obtain permission from a higher-up and would have to be accompanied by another EMS worker but, alas, this may have been changed.

Midazolam (Mido for short);
A drug that is used as an instant tranquilizer for emergencies. It is only used as a last resort when dealing with violent patients and should never be used to put someone into surgery. It’s a one-time use and can stun players in the similar manner as KPD can.

I just wanted to add Mido because it was my personal favourite item as EMS, lol.

I've also been trained on how to do lab work, MRIs and how to remove foreign objects from the body but I feel adding it to this list would be overkill. I could also ramble on about the various tasks psychiatrists are expected to complete but I won't be going into detail about that or pharmacy items as I believe it'll be somewhat outdated and rather redundant knowledge.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Uh. . Yes.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I do!

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
This is a given.

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Tokito Miyazawa

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Cisgender Male | He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):
36 (Thirty-six)

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters in Internal Medicine
Minor in Health Sciences

Character’s Nationality:
Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Shintoism

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese and JSL (Japanese Sign Language)

Backstory (100+ Words)
Tokito Miyazawa's story started on the island of Hokkaido, Japan, born as a single child. His family owned a local pharmacy, and his parents usually worked late, leaving the young boy at home most nights. Because of this, Tokito soon became obsessed with video games and anime, as he often imagined himself fighting crime as a superhero in movies. In school, he excelled in science yet struggled with making friends due to his odd personality, which was frowned upon by his peers. On weekends, Tokito would help his parents run the pharmacy, where most customers were older adults or elderly. He never really interacted with kids his age outside of school, and this continued throughout middle school up until high school, when he transferred to Tokyo thanks to a scholarship he had landed. Unfortunately, nothing had changed from primary school, and Tokito practically became a chuunibyou among his classmates. He would often come to school in bandages and wear an eyepatch for no apparent reason. If confronted, Tokito would hold his eye in pain and brush off anyone who asked, often saying it was "incomprehensible for a mere mortal." This behavior and his distinct dialect made it even harder for the teenager to be approached. After three years, however, he did manage to tone it down regarding his chuunibyou-like mannerisms, becoming the president of the Occult Club and successfully making it into University. He majored in internal medicine with a minor in health sciences before taking two separate residencies and returning to Hokkaido to take over the pharmacy for a few years.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

MEDICINE! Or — more precisely, emergency medicine.
Tokito grew up with his parents, who worked at their pharmacy, and eventually joined them when he was of age. His whole childhood revolved around medicine, and from a very young age, he dreamt of becoming a doctor or pharmacist. . Or an anime protagonist.
He was exceptionally gifted when it came to academics, almost always surpassing his peers in science. It felt natural for him to continue his education in medicine as he graduated high school and went into post-secondary. Tokito went to University, majoring in internal medicine with a minor in health sciences, eventually obtaining a Master's after two years. He did a three-year residency in internal medicine before moving on to a residency in emergency medicine for about four years. After this, he returned to his hometown, where he worked at his family's pharmacy for a few years before officially working as a registered doctor. Tokito, now somewhat experienced in the medical field, only felt more drawn to his occupation and sought out a quest to gain more knowledge about medicine and human anatomy. He soon requested a transfer to the notorious city, Karakura, to fulfill his desire to become someone people would look up to and depend on.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
3 years in Internal Medicine
4 years in Emergency Medicine

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
He worked at a pharmacy throughout his adolescence due to his parents owning it. Other than this, he does not have any prior work experience in any other medical positions.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Noope.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Tokito's eyes were coloured a darkish coffee brown with evident dark circles painted onto his pale complexion. Beauty marks littered his face and neck, whereas his hair was almost always disheveled and messy. It seemed he never personally cared about his looks, as streaks of silver ran through his inky-coloured hair as a result of both stress and age. He donned glasses on duty and had overgrown bangs covering his face; his appearance could only be described as that of someone who is extremely fatigued. Regardless of his haggard appearance, he stood at five-foot-ten (5'10") with good posture and always seemed to be carrying around a cheap pen in his hand. His way of speaking to others was somewhat frank and could be described as snobbish, although he occasionally slips into a particular dialect at random. Taking his poker face and blunt attitude into consideration, Tokito is often described as an impolite fellow who is usually unapproachable.

Hiding behind his stoic facade, Tokito lacks the essential social skills to properly coexist with others, resulting in a heap of misunderstandings. He envies people who are natural extroverts in comparison to himself. One thing Tokito does every day is to take great care of his hands and even paint them with a clear polish in hopes of bringing them into the discussion one day. However, his hands are always covered by gloves due to his occupation, and he has yet to have this subject brought up in a conversation, much to his dismay.

Overall, Tokito is an extreme introvert (and chuunibyou), as shown by his physical appearance and dry personality. However, he strives to change this fact through various means and interactions.
Kinda like a baby chick trying to break out of its shell.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Tokito on duty usually seems somewhat reserved and apathetic. He can be seen idly spinning a pen, whether at the front desk or consulting with a patient. He’s relatively friendly towards others but doesn’t show it well, as his direct way of speaking often causes awkward moments between him and others. As a doctor, his main priority while on the clock is to care for people, no matter the circumstance. At the front desk, Tokito is often seen in a daze, greeting patients and staff alike with an expressionless face. Off duty, he can be seen wandering around the city in random spots, usually during irregular times of the day. He retains the same aloof personality on and off duty and is very curt when speaking. In the break room, Tokito indulges himself with various sweets and makes it a habit to snack during his shifts. He frequently zones out while on duty whenever he is alone, thinking randomly and taking mental notes of things in the hospital. These observations by Tokito can usually be randomly weaved into a conversation with no prior warning and, as a result, frequently catch people off guard.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Regarding Tokito's overall functionality as a doctor in the hospital, he adamantly agrees that he works better alone. However, it is no surprise that he functions better alongside his fellow co-workers. He enjoys being in the presence of others, specifically if they're doing most of the talking. Teamwork is necessary in the hospital, both professionally and socially, and he does his best to keep things mature with others. He is very keen on teamwork in the workplace, as the hospital cannot function without it. He always makes it a point to enforce this mindset whenever he is on duty alongside his co-workers. Nonetheless, Tokito is an introvert who doesn't mind being alone. He often seeks solace in consulting with patients one-on-one, as he finds it less stressful for both parties.

What plans does your character have for the future?
From a personal standpoint, Tokito does not like to think ahead of himself, as he firmly believes that one situation could change his life forever, which could end up ruining his future plans. However, he has thought about the future for himself as a doctor, and it's relatively simple. He envisions himself working as a doctor for about ten more years and saving up until he can retire. It is unclear to him if he would want to continue working in Karakura during the duration of this plan. Once he reaches his goal savings, he plans to live in the countryside and be completely self-sufficient. He vows never to step foot in Karakura again after retiring, as he is somewhat scared of the citizens that reside in the crime-riddled city. . .

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
A textbook definition of a lone sigma wolf.
All jokes aside, Tokito is usually seen with either a blank expression or a troubled one, paired alongside him, staring off into nothing. Basing Tokito purely on appearance, he could be described as a sleep-deprived, unfriendly, and eerie doctor. He spoke to patients and workers alike in a monotone and dry voice, often paired with him snobbishly pushing his glasses up mid-conversation. Regarding his personality, he can be very spontaneous with conversations; however, he is always straight-faced when interacting with people. I believe this contrasts significantly with his self-image as he considers himself to be perceived as someone who is very stoic and “mysterious.” He strives to be seen as an incredibly smart doctor, of course, which he is not, and will go to great lengths to keep up this certain appearance.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread