mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted English Teacher App

(04/06/2020)

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: YiffLord26 (it's an alt account my friend made for me, hence the name. My main account is Rou_Rou_KaChooo)

How old are you?: 20 years old.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I generally am very careful about keeping my nose clean and respecting server rules and staff.

What Country are you from?: U.S.A, I am EST.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): ¥Dumpling¥#5832

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, I have thoroughly looking through them.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I am fully aware.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, I am prepared to do so.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I am usually very active, and participate in many server opportunities such as events, jobs, and sports teams. I would provide AR proof, but my laptop cannot take screenshots. However, I have been on SRP for almost, if not, a year, and I have gone through most of the student ranks including college. I have also posted almost every single one of my OC's bios on the forum, and check the bios forum quite frequently along with other forums.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

[Accepted] (Jin’s Lupus Application)- https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/my-second-ocs-lupus-app.22714/

[Accepted] (Hawaiian Language Application)- https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/hawaiian-language-application.22503/#post-77901

[Accepted] (Russian Language Application pt.2)- https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/russian-language-application-pt-2.21086/

[Denied] (Russian Language Application)- https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/russian-language-application.21083/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I want to be able to make lesson plans and experience a new type of RP in doing so. I feel as if it would be an awesome experience, and I would absolutely love to bring a new type of teacher personality into the SRP mix with my character Jin Yamamoto. I also wish to be able to learn some new things as I go about making lesson plans for my RP students should I be approved.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Yes, I have been Roleplaying for a good while now, and I RP in multiple platforms and settings. I have learned to be very descriptive over the long period of time I have been Roleplaying. I have experienced many different types of roleplay, ranging from CombatRP, RomanceRP, AngstRP, to HorrorRP.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: Yes, I have thoroughly looked through said handbook.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are how you show proof of holding classes, and how you get paid for holding them. They are important for keeping track of pay and which teachers are actually active.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: You must have all of the proper permissions for the field trip by asking the principal or whoever may be in charge at the moment. It could be quite confusing and messy if one does not ask for permission.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

• No phones out in class unless explicitly permitted otherwise.

• No talking over the teacher, or talking during lecture in general as it makes the entire lesson futile and is quite rude to those who wish to actually learn.

• Food is only permitted if a student asks for permission to eat it beforehand, this rule however does not apply to students who may have a medical condition. Though it is strongly suggested to inform the teacher beforehand of said condition.

• No cursing in the classroom, unless a student is reading an excerpt from a book. In those cases, all students are expected to act maturely and accordingly.

• Absolutely no bullying in the classroom, if it is spotted, that is grounds for an immediate detention. This goes for physical violence as well.

• If a student is not complying with the work, and being cheeky about it, they will be given detention after three verbal warnings.

• If a student asks to go to the restroom and fails to return, that is grounds for detention.

• If any illegal contraband (i.e. cigarettes, cigars, alcohol, drugs…) is spotted in the classroom, that is grounds for a trip to the principal’s office, where he/she can decide what punishment you will receive, and a detention on top of that.
  • Students are expected to bring the appropriate materials to class, as it would impede their learning if they didn't have the proper resources for learning.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have done many different RPs in both Discord and on Minecraft. I have done many genres of RP, and manage a few Discord RP servers myself. I have done RPs composed of mainly realism, like my Western RP with a character who died of tuberculosis. I have also RPed as a teacher before in Discord High School RPs, and done quite successfully at said RP. I have been RPing for a couple of years now, and have learned how to bring words into a full mental picture instead of the usual one word responses people sometimes give out.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: This is the head teachers, or Head of Department. They are in charge of what happens in their particular teaching departments, and are the highest rank of teachers. Only teachers who are extremely good at what they do get this rank.

- QTLS: This is the teaching rank you get after being properly trained in the NQT rank, also known as Qualified Teaching and Learning Skills. This is basically a normal teaching rank, and is what you get after you have received experience. Most teachers would have this rank, I believe.

- NQT: This is the rank teachers fresh out of college are given, also known as Newly Qualified Teacher. This is basically a trial teacher, as they are new to teaching. I understand that if I am to be accepted, this is the rank I would receive as I have not previously been a teacher on SRP.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Definition of a Teacher: A teacher (also called a school teacher or, in some contexts, an educator) is a person who helps students to acquire knowledge, competence or virtue. Informally the role of teacher may be taken on by anyone (e.g. when showing a colleague how to perform a specific task).

Payroll of an average teacher in the U.S.: The average Teacher salary in the United States is $58,570 as of March 26, 2020, but the salary range typically falls between $51,209 and $67,646. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession. https://www.salary.com/research/salary/listing/teacher-salary

Payroll of an average teacher in Japan: It says that Japanese public school teachers’ salaries are higher than they are in other countries, which is a conveniently misleading truth. The salary of a median age 45-year-old full-time public school teacher in Japan is about ¥7 million, though a 2010 OECD survey found that Japanese teachers made on average the equivalent of $44,337 a year, which is $7,000 more than the OECD average. blog.japantimes.co.jp/yen-for-living/are-japans-public-school-teachers-paid-too-much/

Payroll of a teacher in Karakura: Teachers in Karakura are paid based on how many classes they host and how active they are as teachers. The more one teaches, the more they get paid. It is also based on their classroom logs, which are essentially their clock sheets for hours they have worked. The average pay is 250k per 15 classes.

How teachers may operate at Karakura: Each teacher at Karakura has a different teaching method, ranging from hands on to strictly book work. Teachers use these unique methods to reach through to their students to implant them with the necessary knowledge they are dishing out. For instance, a drama teacher might have their students act out an excerpt from a famous play, a math teacher may have their students do worksheets and have them take notes, an english teacher may have their students read from a famous novel, and write an end of course essay on it. There are quite a few methods of teaching, and they are quite easy to combine for the teacher that wants to reach all of the different types of learners. (i.e. visual, hands on, verbal, etc…)

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are important to SchoolRP because a student without a teacher is just purely ridiculous, as you can’t attend a school that doesn’t have any teachers or faculty. Teachers also serve as a mechanism of realism on the server, as they issue actual facts and information in their lesson plans and teach real classes more often than not, like a real classroom. They also help enforce server rules and school rules alike, as FearRP is a prominent and very necessary factor in their role. Teachers help keep the peace, and make sure all the students are currently in a safe environment as they curve physical violence and safety hazards. Teachers also serve as a means of IC support to one’s character that may have mental afflictions, such as depression or anxiety.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Must Have, Could Have, Would Have. It is the different methods for teachers to run their lesson plans, such as they can either have all of their ducks in a row, most of their ducks lined up, or letting them be free range.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Jin Haruhi Y. Whyos is a quiet, reserved woman with a kind heart that is almost always her downfall. She grew up in Furano, Japan, where she was born and raised. Jin has lived most of her life with an autoimmune disease called Lupus, which restricted her childhood greatly. Jin was never allowed to play any sports, or do many physical activities. This led her to be a bookworm, and she frequently read many novels and encyclopedias. Some of her favorite literary works are that of Stephen King, J.K. Rolling, Bram Stoker, Charles Dickens, William Faulkner, and more. Jin quickly became a brainiac, preferring her books over people as people could sometimes be utterly cruel.

Jin aspires to be an inspiration to her students, she wants to teach them to never give up on their dreams and to push past any obstacles they may face. Jin is also quite charitable, and will more often than not put her own life at risk to help someone out. For instance, she would chase down a scammer or a thief and scold them into doing the morally correct thing, and has done as much in the past. She also has a very strong disdain for violence, and will almost always discourage it. Jin, at times, can be easily intimidated however, but has greatly increased her ability to stand up for what is right and not be like a meek little lamb, ripe for the butchering. Younger people no longer intimidate her, but people her age and older scare her quite a bit.

Most people who meet Jin would be able to see her as a calm and serene woman, often sitting on her own and reading a book. Jin is quite easy to approach, and is always polite, regardless of how she is initially approached by an individual. She will often give her money to those who need it, especially younger people who are quite low in the money department. Jin never ensues into conflict herself, as a matter of fact if someone approaches her in an aggressive manner she will either try to talk it out or she will simply ignore them. However, she only ignores people if they are being quite ridiculous. Jin will never call the police, however, as that can be quite life-threatening.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Jin would calmly and politely ask them to watch their language, and if they did not she would issue detentions to the rouge-acting students. She would not assume their character by looking at them, as she understands that albeit they may look and act like delinquents, that does not mean they are. Jin likes to give everyone a chance to prove how kind-hearted they are, and does not judge a book by it’s cover. However, if the students are fighting, Jin will immediately break up the conflict the best she can and issue detentions without questions. If the vulgarity/fighting continues, she will take them to the principal’s office.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I would try my best to civilly calm them down, and I would perhaps give them a three strike system before I call in either the principal, vice principal, or a fellow, more strict teacher. Calling in another member of the school staff is a last resort, however, as they could possibly be busy with their own work and such. Before she would call them in, she would try to settle the students down by sections, as the students would listen better if they thought they were being talked to directly.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Jin is a quiet and reserved woman, and would probably calmly look through any classwork/homework that would need to be graded. Jin is the type of woman to keep to herself, and will usually take a small nap or slave away at her lesson plans. Jin would also use this time in the teacher’s lounge to possibly square away any concerns of her health for the day. Jin also likes to talk to her friend Ikaia on occasion, as they were friends in Karakura’s college.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Jin looked across her classroom that was slowly filling with students, smiling softly as she clapped her hands together once everyone was settled in to quiet them down with a good morning greeting. "Good Morning, class! I hope you are all prepared to read some poetry, because we're going to break down a poem by Robert Frost today."

/me Jin sighed exasperatedly as the class was acting up, standing up to her podium and clapping loudly to catch everyone’s attention as her calm, yet stern, voice rang out across the classroom. "That will be quite enough! I need you guys to behave so I can teach you about run-on sentences, your essays looked a tad rough so I know you need this refresher!"

/me Jin noticed the sad and seemingly lonely student, approaching them to give them words of encouragement and wisdom. "You know, things might seem hard right now, but you need to keep pushing forward in order to reach your goals. Here, call this number if you ever feel alone.." Jin slyly left them a slip of paper with the number of the police department, in case they needed to seek further help.

/me Jin frowned deeply at the students fighting, her eyes holding severe disappointment as she calmly, yet swiftly, made her way to break the conflict apart, all the while calmly scolding the students for causing such a ruckus. "Didn't your parents teach you any manners? These are your peers, you should get along with each other. Bullying is for cowards, and I know you're not cowards!"

/me Jin sighed in pure satisfaction as she sipped away on her green tea, a biro pen clasped in her slim fingers as she calmly grades her student’s dubious work, a serene look grazing over her features as she smiled proudly at some of the responses given. "What smart kids... I'll have to speak to the principal about a reward trip perhaps..."

Backstory

Jin was born on April 3rd, in Furano, Japan on a rainy day. She was given the name Jin Haruhi Y. Whyos by her mother, Reo, since she was born during the spring. She seemed like a normal enough child, but got sick very easily. The fact she has Lupus didn't spring up until she was properly diagnosed at the age of 5 with a failing liver, and the doctors scrambled about with tests and such to figure out why such a young girl had organ failure. This devastated her parents greatly, knowing that their daughter wouldn't have the same, fun filled life a normal child would have. And boy oh boy, were they right. Jin was banned from playing any sports, or doing strenuous activities in general. She was forced to sit out during any games her peers played during recess, and it stunted her childhood greatly. Along with that, Jin had problems with keeping consistent friends due to the fact she had flare ups and was forced to miss months of school at a time.

This made Jin have an affinity for more intellectual activities, such as singing, the piano, reading, and bird watching. Due to having to frequent these said activities to stave off boredom, Jin became quite intelligent and skyrocketed in her academic success. Many of the other students at her middle school envied her, and soon began to bully her harshly. People Jin had once considered good friends now sneered at her, and turned their backs to her. Jin had many names in her middle school days, such as "The Walking Plague" or "Ghost Girl", all of which her cruel classmates came up with to torment her further. They would even go as far as physically harming her and her belongings, such as throwing her school bag into the toilets or necking her everytime they went past her. They even went as far as to carve profanities and threats into her school desk, things telling her to just end it and hope she gets reincarnated as someone who isn't useless. This caused Jin's parents to pull her out of public school and into home schooling, which was better for Jin in many, many ways. Jin grew smarter and more mature as the days flew on, but as she got older she also got lonelier. She grew fearful of others, and how they might treat her. When Jin was told she got into college, she was both horrified and excited. Excited when she was accepted, horrified when she found out there wasn't an option for online classes.

Jin tried her best within the two years she had before she went off to college to try and acclimate herself into being a people person, but failed miserably. One instance, that will forever be ingrained in her memory, was when she made friends with the daughter of a loan shark, named Takemoto. She had no idea that said loan shark would target her family, and beat her to a bloody pulp. Jin's father was tricked into signing a loan with Takemoto's father, and that's where all of the danger began. Jin's family was stalked and threatened for months after the money's interest more than tripled, receiving threats and subtle gestures of intimidation. Finally, they decided to cross a boundary and had several men jump Jin on her way home from the grocery store. Jin suffered various injuries, including a broken ribcage and a broken shin. She was rushed into the hospital, and Takemoto's father was arrested for gang activity. This just increased Jin's social boundaries, for as soon as this all transpired she received copious amounts of online bullying from Takemoto and her friend group. This is where Jin's distrust in people truly solidifies, and gains her, her cold disposition.

Flash forward a couple of years, and you now have Jin attending Karakura college as a Spartan. She is just as withdrawn and ill as ever, and tries her best to keep her eyes down and her voice to herself. She has run into a few good people, and a few bad. She recently went to the hospital due to panic-induced breathing issues only to find out she has a failing kidney. Jin has begun dialysis treatment, in hopes she won't need to have a major surgery to replace the worn kidney. So far, despite not wanting to burden people with being associated with her, Jin has made a few friends. Jin continued her education at Karakura college, making friends and relationships along the way as she pursued her degree in Literature, and minoring in Secondary Education. Jin often excelled in her course work, and even tutored her peers for free before exam time in order to help them do better and succeed. Jin excitedly flew through her college days, graduating near the top of her class and opening the door for her future career in teaching. Jin excitedly applies for a job at her alma mater, in hopes of helping the youth she had grown up around excel in their academic careers.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Jin Haruhi Y. Whyos

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Whyos

Given Name(s): Jin

Preferred Name: Ms. Whyos, Ms. Jin

Religious Denomination: Buddhist

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): None, except for whatever shadowing of a teacher she may have done which would have been a year or two. She is quite new to teaching.

Working Experience (# of years): During her years in college, Jin worked at a tea house during her summers off in Furano, also working as a tutor in a local town hall in Furano to the local middle school and high school students of her hometown.

Academic Degree: Literature Major, with a Minor in Secondary Education

Year of Graduation: 2020

Major(s): Literature

Minors: Secondary Education

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: None.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, although she is a native to Japan so she doesn’t need it. She has it strictly for an “if needed” basis.

Preferred Teaching Subject: English, or Music.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): As a former college student IRL, I have seen many different types of teaching and methods of classroom control, as well as having had multiple english classes in which I can take bits and pieces of. (i.e. the books that were discussed, the way work was handled, how to use online formats for classroom purposes, etc..) Also, I have two accounts on here bc I am a Neanderthal and forgot my password to the one I stay logged into on my mobile device. This was made on my computer. Again, I am applying for this on the alt account my friend generously made for me.

Do you have any questions?: If denied, would it be possible for me to receive help on fixing any mistakes I may have made? If not, that's totally ok! Thank you for looking over my application.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- Your application is honestly extremely well-made and detailed! I cannot wait to see what you do on the team.

Please DM me on Discord to have your roles sorted out - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread