Kooghe
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Kooghe

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Demichu#0051

Do you have a microphone?:
I do, have a microphone and I can be very active in video chats if I'm not busy.

How old are you?:
16 years old.

What is your time zone?
EST or Eastern Standard Time

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would describe my activity on the server as partially active. Although I did take a break, when I was a School-Librarian due to personal reasons. I'm back and I'm as active as I were before, especially if I get the role. I get online for more than 5 hours, and sometimes even more on the weekends when I get off of work. If I'm not on the server, it's mostly because something came up or I'm tired.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I have never been banned before.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Teacher Assistant Application - Denied
Teacher Assistant Application #2 - Accepted

School Librarian Application - Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you’re in college, specify your degree level):
Adult, Age 25

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is to mainly help the students/players be more educated in the field I want to teach in. It also will allow me to get more experience roleplaying wise. Currently, I've had 2 jobs on SchoolRP, both school employees, however each job gave me a new perspective as well as roleplaying experience on SchoolRP. I enjoyed playing the roles I did in the school employee faction, and I want to be able to see more perspectives and obtain new roleplaying experiences on the server.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & if your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I do, understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher logs are logs to show proof that the said teacher has taught said classes. I believe you take screenshots from when you begin the class and when the class has ended. Class logs are important because they show proof of activity, and if you teach the expectation of 15 classes that are logged, you are able to claim your paycheck at the end of the month.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I would like to say I have a lot of experience in roleplay in general, due to the fact I have been roleplaying over 5 years now. Although those roleplaying experiences weren't on SchoolRP, I have had my share of the roleplaying community on different games, and servers, as well as different genres of roleplay as well. However, my roleplaying experience on SchoolRP isn't that big, throughout all the time I've played on the server, I was mostly a high school student, and a college student. I'm just now expanding my experience and perspectives on the server. I've mentioned before that I have had 2 jobs on SchoolRP, a Teacher-Assistant and a Librarian, and those were only a few months.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
-HD
Meaning:
Head of Department
Description: These teachers are head of whichever department or subject they teach. They help Unqualified Teachers with their training, and give permissions to Newly Qualified Teachers to host classes. They oversee a lot in their department, and don't need permission from anyone to host classes. HD’s have shown a lot of work inside and out of classrooms to gain this position!

-QT
Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
Description: Qualified teachers, is self-explanatory. They have all the knowledge they need to host their own classes, so they don’t need guidance from their HD’s.

-NQT
Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
Description: Newly Qualified Teachers, are teachers that have gained just enough knowledge and training or more to host a class, with permission from their HD.

-UT
Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
Description: Are teachers that have just been accepted into Karakura’s faculty, they don’t have enough knowledge to host their own class. They need a lot of training, and observe QT’s classes to see how it's done.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
In the server, teachers are there to fulfill the role of entertaining the students while in school. Teachers serve the purpose of making SchoolRP, actually a school, by giving lessons. They also give them the proper knowledge they need to pass the exam to become a College student. Out of game wise, teachers educate children to prepare them for the real world. On SRP, teachers are paid ¥450,000. However, in the real world, teachers in Japan can earn anywhere to 200,000 and 600,000 Yen. Teachers, both in the real world and in game can teach in various different ways.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers keep the server going, they have a very important role when the server is based upon a School. They keep players busy, by entertaining and informing them of things during school hours. Without teachers, the school would be full of students/ players running around doing nothing, which could get boring, and have students misbehaving which could get a bit hectic, and we wouldn’t want that.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system the school works on is the MoSCo system; (Must have, Should have, Could have).

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Kumiko Zurie Ito Byun is a Japanese woman standing at 5'3. She has straight blonde hair, with a pale-ish skin tone, and ocean blue eyes, she also has a pear-shape frame, weighing 160 lbs. Depending on what she wears, if her ankle is visible you'll see a bird tattoo.

She may seem to be a bit mean and cautious when first meeting her, however once you get to know her she's sweet and kind (also how she is, seeing students off campus). When needed she can be very professional.

Kumiko makes sure to treat the students with the respect that she wants to be given. If any student comes to her with a problem or advice for adulthood, she gives them the advice she thinks is appropriate.

Kumiko has the same outlook for teachers as she does with students but a bit more. During school everything would remain professional, unless in the breakroom or is seen off campus. Then, and only then would she unwind and be more comfortable around them, being more friendly, offering sweets she may have baked, or just joking around. If needed, her ears are always open if they need someone to vent to.

Kumiko's plan for the future is unsure. She knows for a fact she wants to continue helping Karakura to her best ability, but is hoping becoming an English Teacher could be the position for her.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Kumiko would tell the group firmly that using that kind of language in school is unacceptable, and using such vulgar language should come to the end, which indicates the first warning. If Kumiko finds the group doing the same thing again, by then she’ll write down the names of each delinquents and warn them once more. However, if it continues she would give the group detention and report them to someone with much more authority over her.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Kumiko would clap her hands 3 times to make a loud sound, to gather the whole class attention. She’d inform them they need to take responsibility in their education, which means focusing in class and coming to class with the mind of working and learning. She’d also ask the class to be respectful of her job. If it continues she’d contact someone with much higher authority to help her.

When in the teacher’s lounge, how does your character act?:
Kumiko would come in the break room with a smile, and maybe some coffee, and snacks for her and her fellow employees. She'd ask about their days and about their classes so far, making small talk, and would offer to do anything for them if she can. If she has questions about anything, she wouldn’t be scared to ask but would refrain from asking too many since it is a time to relax and wind down from classes for a while. She'd also ask them if they had any plans to do after school to see if they are free, and if they are she'd invite them for dinner.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me’s of your character inside a classroom:
/me 'Good morning, take a seat anywhere' She'd say with an excited yet friendly tone in her voice, while bowing her head towards the students as they began to fill the classroom sitting at their seats. After all the students came into the classroom she'd stand up straight from the bow, fixing her posture, closing the door and proceeding to the front of the classroom.

/me she’d walk her way up to the board, grabbing the chalk with her right hand proceeding to write ‘Poem Café’ on the board in pretty handwriting. She’d then put the chalk right back where it was. Afterwards, she’d turn around facing the class with a big smile before saying; “Today, we are learning about poetry, and hopefully by the end of this class you can make your own poem".

/me She’d move aisle to aisle, desk after desk. With the notebooks held against her left side, with the support of the inner part of her left elbow. Putting her fingers between each notebook separating it from the notebook behind it giving them to each student. After giving each student a notebook, she’d open her mouth to say; “Please answer all questions, if you have a question raise your hand, or come up to my desk”.

/me an irritated expression would be visible on her face. She’d raise both of her hands in front of her chest, facing each other, clapping her hands three times to gather the students attention. After clapping she’d cross her arms. “Clearly we forgot one of my rules today, absolutely no talking while I’m giving a lesson. Or while I’m speaking period. Or maybe you guys are showing me, you already know the material, should I start a pop quiz?”

Backstory

Kumiko was born in Uppsala Sweden, as a child she was born into a dysfunctional family. Her father would drink and abuse her and her mother. Her mother would just blame it on Kumiko, yelling at her frequently. Her parents ended up passing away, leaving Kumiko alone with nothing but her teddy bear “Yogi” that was given from her mother. Kumiko was soon enrolled into an orphanage, and due to Kumiko arriving with nothing but her teddy bear, the lady at the orphanage gave her the name of Aleah.

Aleah took on the big sister role in the orphanage, she cooked, cleaned, and read the children books for fun or just to put them to sleep. Despite Aleah being surrounded by children she felt alone, to her all she had was Yogi. 4 years later, the orphanage was getting cramped, so Aleah was thrown out. She ended up traveling a lot, street to street, country to country, and ended up in the streets of Karakura.

Aleah’s main resting place in Karakura was Ochiba Forest, and a few months later, she had met Alice S. Lycan. Alice and Aleah soon became friends, and Aleah was adopted into the Lycan family, and learned the Swedish language. She learnt the language pretty quickly, due to her memory of most of the words being yelled at her from her mother. One year, the Lycan’s decided that they were gonna have a tattoo or a brand to symbolize the saying “Once a Lycan, Always a Lycan”. Aleah at the time had looked over and brought a little girl to the family named Shimiko. Despite Aleah not wanting it for Shimiko or herself, they were forced to. The Lycan’s were shortly disbanded a few months later.

Leaving Aleah alone once again but with trust issues, She then met Charlie Bryce. Charlie helped Aleah with her social anxiety, and the two girls became best friends. Aleah loved baking for Charlie and the friend group that came with her, she'd also play sports and would help them with their homework, and of course party like no tomorrow. Charlie soon moved, causing Aleah to drift away from the friend group.

Aleah then studied hard for her last year of college and became a Teacher-Assistant at her High School. After a while she ended up switching to a School-Librarian due to the fact that she felt like she needed a change. One day after work, someone gave her a book. The book basically says what her real name was; Kumiko. Aleah.. Or Kumiko believed it, she knew she was given Aleah by the orphanage lady. So after a long talk with her old friend Ren she went with Kumiko, and has been alright ever since. After leaving Karakura for some time, to study in Sweden. Kumiko went into college again so she could learn the material to teach English, and once she graduated for the second time, she went back to Karakura to apply for the position of an English Teacher.

In-Character Information

Section #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Kumiko Ito Byun

Title: Miss
Given Name(s): Aleah, Kumiko
Preferred Name: Kumiko

Age (Minimum is 27): 29

Religious Denomination: None

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Swedish

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

Section #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 5 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor degree of Science & English
Year of Graduation: 2019, 2021
Major(s): Food Science, Chemistry, English/ Language Arts Education
Minors: History, Law

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Swedish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I don't yet.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of English Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes
- Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.
- Due to your past experience as Librarian, I have no doubt you'll be able to appropriate roleplay with as a Teacher

Users who are viewing this thread