players online

Accepted English Teacher Application | OllieRuinsLife

OllieRuinsLife

Level 2
OllieRuinsLife
OllieRuinsLife
Omega+
OLLIERUINSLIFE ENGLISH TEACHER APPLICATION:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

OllieRuinsLife

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
OllieRuinsLife ( #6638 )

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I currently have a working microphone.

How old are you? (Optional):
16-18 (Age Range )

What is your time zone?:
MST (MDT)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge and understand my inactivity will lead to demotion.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on SRP can consist of many variables and elements. It is largely based on my OOCly life, as it is quite important to me. I will most often be available on weekday afternoons and evenings, and almost all day during the weekend. Again, I would like to reiterate that my activity on the server will be largely based on my OOCly life. If I am gone for a week or longer, I will make sure to log that in the inactivity logs chat.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Mandarin Language Application: [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-chinese-mandarin.60936/

2nd Mandarin Language Application: [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ollieruinslife-language-application-chinese-mandarin-2nd-attempt.61030/

JSL Language Application: [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ollieruinslife-jsl-application.61586/

3rd Language Application Slot: [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ollieruinslife-third-application-slot.63263/

French Language Application: [Denied] ( Forgot to put IGN )
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ollieruinslife-3rd-application-french.63913/

French Language Application: [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ollieruinslife-3rd-language-application-french.64080/

School Employee Caretaker Application: [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ollieruinslife-caretaker-application.64128/

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[Caretaker] Oliver Munakata-Frisbie ( Applying )
[Grade-12] [Track] Dominic Fù LíXíng ( Alt account ‘OllieRuinsAlts’ )
[Bird] Wilbur

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

English!

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation can be described through many different elements and aspects. One of the more major motivations is the fact that I deeply enjoy being a school faculty member, and I would greatly appreciate and enjoy the opportunity to be on the teaching side of things. Ever since I had joined SRP it has always appealed to me to become a valuable member of the teaching team. And that dream still lasts till this day. Another reason I am motivated to become a teacher is so I can build up a better RPing skill. I am always searching for ways everyday to improve and learn, and this occupation would drastically progress my RP knowledge and skill. Additionally the teaching aspect of being a teacher entices me. It makes me long to be in that sort of environment, creating and developing well structured assignments and really seeing how the other students/players enjoy it. The overall idea intrigues me. I know that I would heavily enjoy being a teacher on SRP.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I understand these possible requirements. I would personally enjoy going through training, as it gives an opportunity to further increase my knowledge.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs consist of many different significant factors. One of the more obvious components to class logs is tracking how many classes you have hosted in the span of a month. More specifically, it can consist of different elements such as, how many students attended, class starting and class ending times. These logs are significant because it shows your dedication to teaching. And through that dedication, faction leaders can track how many classes you have clocked in. And using this knowledge they can know how much to pay you for your efforts, and whether or not you can be promoted to [HD] (Head department). This can also go the other way around, for example if you have not met the required amount of classes, that can lead to a demotion.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
RESPECT THE TEACHER AND YOUR PEERS
Respect is a quality that will be commonly disciplined in my classroom. Firstly, you need to show respect towards the teacher, any disturbance or disrespect towards the teacher will result in severe punishment. You NEED to respect those who are at a higher position of authority. Additionally, you need to treat your classmates/peers with the utmost respect! Although they may be on the same level as you, your kindness and genuine respect towards others will reflect on who you are as a person. Failure to treat the teacher or your peers with respect will result in immediate detention.

NO PHONES UNLESS AUTHORIZED
I believe that technology can be a very useful tool to utilize. However it is important to use it in moderation. So if you have not been permitted to use a phone in my classroom, I will either have it confiscated, or, you will receive detention. When on the phone, you are only allowed to do what was instructed of you on it, you may not play video games or scroll on social media. The same punishments stated before will be the result of doing so.

PAY ATTENTION
In this class there will be a lot of instruction on how to do certain assignments, and what our target is for the class period. I do not want to repeat my instructions, so you are required to pay attention for the entire duration of the class period. Along with that, you cannot speak when the teacher is speaking or presenting. That ties back into the respect rule. The repercussions for not obeying this rule will most likely give you a bad grade, and may lead to further punishment.

NO FOOD OR DRINK (Unless I get some)
Food and drink will not be tolerated in my classroom… unless I get some. Now this rule doesn’t apply with water. You are free to stay hydrated and healthy. However, if you pull out a nice tasty snack, make sure you bring extra for me! If the food or drink becomes a distraction to your learning, I will have to keep it until the end of class.

ALWAYS PUT FORTH YOUR BEST EFFORT
Our best can change from time to time, and depending on the circumstance, it may be difficult sometimes. However, as long as you always strive to put forth your best effort in my class, I can promise your perseverance will lead to your triumph.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My roleplay experience did not begin on SRP. In the younger years of my life, I had begun to grow interested in roleplaying. The idea of being a person that wasn’t me intrigued my soul. With this newfound motivation, I had decided to join a Creative server. Now like most Creative servers there was an abundance of roleplays that players hosted. Some of these role plays consisted of; VvH ( Vampire vs Human) RPs, Camping RPs, Dystopian RPs, and most notable, High School roleplays. And that is where my initial motivation started. After a year or two I decided to give up my role playing career and focus more on reality. Fast forwarding to early 2023, I found myself in a mundane state of nothingness. In order to cure this boredom, I had decided to take up an old hobby of mine, Role playing. And SRP brought me in with open arms. I have since then developed a well structured sense of roleplay. SRP has opened a lot of opportunities for new roleplay styles. For example, GangRP. I have enjoyed role playing back then, and I still do to this day.​

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head (of) Department
↳ Description: Being the HD means that you have developed a set of many valuable skills, and you were seen as a reliable candidate for this role. A HD takes on many leadership roles, and you can always count on them if you are confused with a certain subject, or if you have questions to increase your knowledge. It is a HDs job to train and communicate with the UTs. They need to make sure that the UTs understand and follow the rules they have been given. HDs are also meant to keep up with the other teachers in their department, and monitor any of them if needs be. You are likely to get a promotion if you show some of the following skills; Accountability, Persistence, Communicative, Activeness and kindness.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: This role shows that you have met the requirements to become a full time Qualified Teacher. You have shown determination and a thirst for knowledge if you received this role. QTs have met a certain amount of classes, and they have experienced what it is like to be a teacher. Most often a QT is a trustworthy and reliable person. You can always count on them for guidance or help.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A NQT is a teacher that has just recently been qualified for teaching. They have shown a decent set of skills, and they are seen as worthy for this role. Regularly, NQTs have just gotten out of training, so they generally know the rules for their specific roles. They may still need help with teaching, however through more experience they can be considered for a QT.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An UT, is a newly accepted teacher! They are going through training, and will need a lot of aid. Although they may be new, they have initially shown a good set of skills through their application. An UT can get higher in positions by hosting classes and showing sheer dedication to their work. Most often the UT will have to rely on the HD for answers to questions they may have. Through a lot of training and persistence, a UT will very soon become a NQT.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

TEACHERS OOCLY:

OOCly teachers are given a decent quantity of responsibilities. When it comes down to teacher OOCly, communication will play a very prominent key amongst the faction. It is EXTREMELY valuable that the team understands and knows your intentions. Communication will also play a factor in understanding and better grasping certain concepts. If you are a UT then you will need to converse in constant reinforcement, in order to build a firm foundation in the subject(s) you are teaching. This communication can be conveyed through OOCly apps and SRP messages. OOCly, you will need to track your hours and plan your lessons prior to the classes initiation. It would overall be up to you on what you decide to teach related to the subject you applied for. However, colleagues and higher authorities can help provide aid with that development process. In dire situations ICly skirmishes may need to be dealt with through OOCly communication methods, and if the teacher was involved in those affairs, they may have to connect OOCly, continuing further discussion on the matter. Depending on how many classes the teacher has logged, that will be transferred into in-game currency (¥) for the individual to spend. A teacher can receive a minimum of ¥350,000, for the completion of 10 classes. However, once they have been promoted to a QT, the minimum pay shifts to ¥400,000. After completing the required classes, you can receive an additional ¥50,000 for every 5 classes you log. However there is a limit to this. Every teacher has a maximum of ¥500,000, and a teacher can only serve 4 classes per OOC day.

TEACHERS ICLY:

The ICly side of things, is something I would consider the execution aspect of teaching. This is where you initiate the lessons you had planned prior to the class. And it is really up to your own individual roleplay skills to convey that lesson properly, and really includes students to participate in the curriculum you planned. This can be shown in many different methods. One of which being, involving activities to make the students more enthusiastic about the topic of which they are learning. This is a great way to bring all students to participate in the things being taught. However, sometimes you are just too exhausted to initiate such an arduous task. And you feel the need to just teach the curriculum with mundane lectures and talks. Nevertheless, you can still make simple lectures a pleasurable thing to listen to. This can be done with putting more tone into your own words, really showing that the topics you teach are intriguing and fascinating. This is the reason I consider this to be the execution part of SRP. Now, we all know that a teacher is required to teach the students, and to do anything I had mentioned previously. But, what do teachers do in their spare time? Well, in my personal observations and assumptions, teachers often provide aid to other faculty members, whether it is with a personal issue, or a complaint with a student. Teachers CAN and WILL monitor their students whether or not they are teaching, because it is the school faculties job to observe and protect the students enrolled in the school. If there are no issues happening at the time of their interlude, the teachers can feel free to relax! And take a quick breath before they are on shift once more.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are CRUCIAL to SchoolRP as it is a server literally based around a school. Teachers play a significant role when it comes to school, for it is their job to teach and educate the students. There is a common sense to this question, but as we dive deeper into the importance of a teacher there is more to unpack. It is the teachers job to discipline their students properly and efficiently, so then they can create a respectful environment for the entire school/server. It is also fundamental for a teacher to provide entertainment for the players/students. So then they will have a motivation to get back on! And really start to develop a fun community. Being a teacher on SRP can really make the server go round. It gives a sense of order within the chaos of this game. On SRP teachers are crucial to the server, they make it complete.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
It is based on the MoSCoW method, or in other words: must-have, should-have, could-have, and won't-have, or will not have right now. It is a 4 step approach ( Which most businesses often implement into their discipline for workers/Employees ) that helps boost the efficiency of the environment that you are set in.​

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
Oliver is a positive and cheerful male! He stands 5’11, a moderate height for his age and often stood in a very professional posture. This posture can change depending on the mood and the situation. When speaking, his voice came off rather strong, yet pleasant. He is very animated with his movements and will often go to extreme levels of body language to explain even the simplest of situations. He has light brown hair, which has a natural wave to it. Whenever he walked, there would always be a few hairs bouncing at the back of his head. Which overall gave his character more personality. A timber scent followed him around, distributing his pleasant vibe in a well fashioned manner. He regularly has a smile on his face, because he believes strongly in being positive and uplifting in anything you do. This made his presence appreciated from time to time.

Oliver has many unrealistic and unorganized plans for the future, his initial goal was to perform on stage, becoming an actor! However, after realizing the likelihood of that occurring, he decided to settle on the next best things. Becoming a teacher! He works as the school caretaker as of now, and enjoys the students he meets while he is on shift. Oliver strongly believes in the future of Karakura, and believes that the students enrolled at the school are simply fantastic. He has very high hopes for every new student he meets. Although the students are simply fabulous to him, he finds greater joy when in the presence of his colleagues, more specifically the teachers of the school. Their influence is stronger than any other influence! And they are extremely crucial to the students' education and wellbeing. That being the case, Oliver looks up to them, hoping one day he can become a teacher one day too!

Oliver has many unique traits and qualities. One more esteemed quality is his overall personality. He is a very genuine individual, always finding the good in others no matter the situation. He tries to see people for who they truly are, not who they show to be. He is a very strong believer in the significance of change. He endorses change, like a proud gold metal. Because of this, he is very open minded to new obstacles and suggestions that he may receive or come across. Always trying to learn in every situation he is placed in.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Oliver would firmly stomp towards the gang of delinquents, at first he would express his sadness at their use of language, and politely ask them to yield to their foul language. Starting with a kind and understanding tone can lead to more of an open minded discussion and more engaged attitudes all around. However, if this tactic fails to succeed and the gang either disregards or responds inappropriately to my comments and suggestions, there will be further consequences. At first there will be detention slips handed out to those who did not abide by the rules. And after, if they continue to curse and swear I would file an SLT report, possibly leading to their suspension ( Depended on their record ) or removal of team roles ( If they are on a sports team )

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
In this scenario, like any other situation Oliver would begin asking in a polite tone for everyone to bring their attention to the lesson. Stating the information and material that was prepared is very crucial to their highschool graduation. Now after this inevitably fails, he would begin to yell, requesting for their attention or else it would lead to an F for the class period and further disregarding will result in severe consequences. If this tactic seems to be insufficient, I would have two rational options. The first option being, to conclude the class entirely. While this may be a strange way to deal with it. If no one was listening to the teaching, there would be no initial point to it anyways. The more efficient way that I would personally resort to would be acknowledge the situation and identifying the distraction within the class. If it is a certain student, then that student will receive a detention slip and a removal from the classroom.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Most often, Oliver will spend his time in the teachers lounge, contemplating life and other worldly matters. He would usually have his posture in a relaxed position, his legs resting on the table in front of him. He would often sit near the window, as he liked the idea of overseeing the students as a higher authority. Oliver generally despises the taste of bitter coffee, but will usually take a cup or two during his time in the break room, just to get that additional burst of energy to handle the students later. Because he is a very social person, he would greet everyone as they enter the cozy room. When he isn’t greeting or drinking his coffee, Oliver would stare off into the distance having a discussion with himself in his head. Oliver tended to overthink things, and the break room was an ideal place to gather his thoughts and regain consciousness.​

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

1. /me
stood tall in stature, gazing around the room taking in his surroundings. He began to repeat a brief summary of his lesson plan in his head, over and over and over. He often did this, making sure that his lesson was at the highest quality that he could provide. After some thinking, he swiftly smiled, and his eyes gleamed with light. He started to speak- but cut himself off, reassuring his next words would be beneficial. Around 5 seconds passed and he spoke, “Welcome to class everyone” His words beamed with happiness, attempting to make the students feel comfortable in their current environment. Oliver frequently talked in a quick pace, however in a formal manner, he spoke with diction, utilizing every last one of his words to its fullest capacity. “It is so great to have you all here!” he continued in a bright tone. He wanted to make sure his students felt welcomed here, and valued. So he said this with great energy. “I’ll give you some time to settle down, and then we’ll hop right into our lesson!” He finished with a smile, and proceeded to sit on the front of his desk, waiting for the students to wrap up any conversations they may have had prior to the class.

2. /me sat in an informal position on the desk, his legs rested on his desk. He had a mechanical pencil in his right hand, attempting to flip it. After failing multiple times, he stopped and let out a big sigh. He scanned the room, making sure his students were still at work. Just then, he noticed a young adolescent scrolling on their phone. He frowned and started towards their desk. He would speak in a calm mellow whisper as if to interrupt any student's work time, “Can you please put that phone away? This assignment will be crucial to your graduation and overall development as a person. I strongly advise you to put your phone away.” waited for the individual's response, and after they had done what he asked, he went back to his desk and fell like a ragdoll into his chair. On impact, he let out a big sigh and quickly glanced at the clock. “10 more minutes we got this” he thought to himself.

3. /me glanced at the couple sitting rather close to each other. He observed that their legs were now intertwined and the two seemed to have a flushed face. Oliver would smile at the thought of his old highschool romances. The thought soon succumbed to the teacher's urge to stop this nonsense immediately! Although he generally didn’t care for PDA, it may be uncomfortable for other students in the class. Swiftly arising from his chair, he walked over to the couple to politely ask them to stop. Although he was reluctant to proceed with verbal speech, and the potential consequences he may have to unleash on the couple he mustered up the courage to speak “Can you two kindly keep your hands off each other, we don’t want other students to be jealous right?” Hoping his amusing tone would lighten the situation, after receiving the students reply he noticed a poster fell down on the wall. He sighed and started towards the tape, his classroom must be tidy!

4. /me pulled out a piece of white pale chalk, although he despised the feel of chalk on a chalkboard, his thoughts were better off written on the board. He would write in architectural lettering, something he was taught in his interior designing classes. The letters would spell out “RHETORICAL MOVES” immediately after which, his eyes turned to the front. “Can anyone tell me what a rhetorical move is?” he asked. After some time with no response, he began to cite the definition at the top of his head. Oliver felt that rhetorical moves would be beneficial to understand, so that students can write more persuasive pieces of literature. And because of this strong emotion, he spoke with a passion, hoping the students would utilize this skill in the future. “A rhetorical move-” he began “is a method the author uses to persuade the reader of their initial claim!” as he spoke, he would write the definition on the board.

Backstory
Oliver Munakata-Frisbie grew up in Alberta Canada, he lived in a small cabin near Waterton lake with his mom, Brittany Frisbie and his dad, Isaac Frisbie. They grew up in a small Christian organization known as, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints" aka, "Mormonism" One day his dad received a job opportunity in Taiwan, this resulted in lots of arguments between the married couple. His mom wanted to stay in the nice cabin, spending the rest of their days in serenity. However his dad had bigger and better plans. So after months of bickering the two decided to split up. Oliver went with his dad to Taiwan, because he overall admired his charismatic charm. So, leaving Canada behind being just another chapter in their books, they moved into Pingtung City. While his dad worked as a private tutor for rich families, Oliver was left alone at home. He often went outside, taking in his surroundings and meeting new people.

He spent most of his days in silence, knowing that he would spend most of his life secluded and locked away. However this sense of depression did not last long, as soon his father began to worry for his education. And as a result, He enrolled him into a local school in Taiwan. Oliver, with a lack of knowledge didn’t know what he wanted to study, but he decided to take ownership, and look into some classes. Now he had a small passion for the performing arts, as he enjoyed listening and singing along to musical songs. So one of the many classes that he took was a performing arts class. Now this class tends to focus more on cultural Chinese shows. So he auditioned to be in the popular show, “Beijing Opera”

This made him more enthusiastic about Chinese Culture. So with this new found curiosity, he joined a Chinese culture class. He learned many cool and interesting facts about Chinese culture. Largely the topic of FengShui (风水) However, he sadly did not pursue this passion. He continued with these two classes while simultaneously taking an online course for a TEFL certificate. He thought that this certificate may prove to be beneficial for any potential teaching occupations in this future. After completing the course and submitting his essay/application he waited patiently, for a response. However this response took quite some time. In the duration of this waiting period, Oliver decided to take a Teaching as a Profession course! So that when he did have the opportunity in the future to become a teacher, he would understand terminology and basic teaching concepts. Nearing the end of the year he had found an interest in how the mind works.

He had always wondered why everyone thinks the way they do, and the school that he went to provides a class for those answers. As he was busy with performing arts he initially had to start doing Phycology online. But as the theater ended their most recent show, he went to the in person classes. These classes made him find inspiration to help other people, and to guide others. However he didn’t know where to start. When talking to his psychology teacher one day in the afternoon, he had recommended a leadership summer camp. Although he was hesitant, he decided to sign up. And he soon realized that not only was this camp a good idea, but he also learned so many valuable life lessons and leadership skills. And with this newfound knowledge, he wanted to spread his positivity and share his knowledge with others.

He then moved to Karakura searching for new job opportunities. Noticing the job as a Caretaker, not only can he share positivity and knowledge, but he can also protect and provide for the students at Karakura high. After some interviewing and training, he had gotten the job as a caretaker!
Oliver deeply enjoyed this job, at first it was quite rough. However through his colleagues and faction leads he was able to become a well structured caretaker! Not soon after being accepted as a caretaker, Oliver began to explore other potential options for his future. He remembered his old dream of becoming a teacher!​

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Oliver Munakata-Frisbie
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Oliver
Preferred Name: Oliver/Ollie

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: Christian ( Specific Christian Denomination: LDS/Mormonism )
Marital Status: No current spouse or significant other

Nationality: Canadian
Current Location: Karakura!

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Around 3-4 years of working experience

Academic Degree: Bachelors
Year of Graduation: 2018
Major(s): Physcology
Minors: English Language Arts, Chinese Language and Culture, Theater, Leadership
Native Languages:
  • English
  • Japanese

Other Languages:
  • Mandarin
  • JSL
  • French

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes, I have a TEFL certificate.
Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

I had a phenomenal time writing this! I hope you put me in to consideration for this role!
Do you have any questions?:
Nope! I have no current questions. Although I do hope for feedback regardless of the outcome. I am striving to become a better writer and I am always open to constructive criticism.

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread