Yes, I do.
My username is: The Paradox#0300

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I have a working microphone.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
GMT+2

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do, and I intend to go through the necessary measures if I am to become inactive, be it definite or not.

Describe your activity on the server:
I log onto SRP every day (with few exceptions); on weekdays for about an hour or two (in late june, my playtime should normally increase as it will be summer holidays), and on weekends for times ranging between two to six hours per day. Most of that time is dedicated to developing my characters through casual and serious roleplay.
I would like to note that I played SRP in the second half of 2020, but then took a break of around a year due to cases of toxicity. I returned about a month ago, and will remain active until IRL circumstances make it impossible for me to do so.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I believe not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
(From most recent to oldest)
Burmese Application [ACCEPTED]
Age Change [ACCEPTED]
2020 - Lore Team Application [DENIED]
College application (2020, no longer on forums) [ACCEPTED]
French Application [ACCEPTED]
Russian Application [ACCEPTED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I am in college (Bachelors’) on my main account.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I personally view the teacher role as the centerpoint of this roleplay server; therefore, the ideal role to start with SeriousRP and accumulate experience in roleplay fields that are outside the boundaries of student life. Having the perspective of a teacher is something that I, as a person, have always wanted to experience, and in the meantime, I also believe that it could improve my roleplay and DetailRP skills by great lengths. In addition, having the role would mean having more opportunities to put effort in things that I am passionate about.
The greatest motivator, however, is knowing that I would be capable of making a change in people's everyday lives both ICly and OOCly; whether they deem it to be good or bad. Since it is thanks to such changes and experiences that our roleplay can become this interesting, obtaining the teacher role seems like the greatest and most appealing way to encourage these aspects, and to take direct responsibility in keeping them more consistent over time.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I am fully aware of this. I intend to take it seriously, and to see the training through.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are reports that are done through the discord, which include details of the teacher and the class, and a detailed summary of what happened and what was done in class (incl. tests, grades, type of lecture, and eventual punishments given).
On one hand, these are of high importance because they allow the teacher to provide evidence that they are doing their work as expected, and are what makes it possible for them to obtain their monthly salary. On the other hand, class logs may also be used as points of reference to track the record of individual students in circumstances like suspension, expellment or even graduation.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
- | Respect & Tolerance | -
Respect towards others must be shown at all times when in school, whether in a classroom, or in the hallways. As the saying goes: "treat others like you want to be treated".

- |
Correct behavior | -
High school students are expected to act mature and follow normal class "etiquette", such as raising hands to speak, arriving on time, not interrupting the teacher (occasional whispering can be tolerated), speaking politely, not yelling, not throwing items, and not destroying property.

- | Use of electronic devices | -
Phones, laptops and other electronic devices are not to be used unless permitted by the teacher. In cases where it is allowed, they may only be used for school purposes.

- | Appropriate belongings | -
Students are espected to attend lessons with the proper class material (i.e notebooks, pens, a bag, and eventually a bottle of water).

Illegal & restricted items such as weapons and alcohol will be confiscated and immediately reported to the school faction lead.

- | Harassment & Bullying | -
Any form of malicious behavior towards other students is prohibited. Any student(s) caught performing such acts will face severe consequences.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
RPGs (roleplay games)
While the kind of roleplay that you experience in these games is different from the kind of roleplay on this server, they are still considered to be roleplaying games, and definitely bring a new meaning to the word. RPGs that I have played include:

Bendy and the Ink Machine
Ori and the Blind Forest
Portal 2
Sally Face
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Undertale

Minecraft & SchoolRP
I have been in a couple of roleplay servers before, but none of them were as sophisticated as SchoolRP. Within the few months of time spent here, I have gotten myself involved in as many roleplay situations as possible, experienced student life in high school (specifically Grade-12), college, and spent the remainder of 2020 as part of the track team where I had the chance to experience and improve at detailed roleplay. Nowadays, it is something that I have the habit of doing, and while I do not have any "professional" experiences like being part of the EMS, KPD, or other factions, I still believe in my ability to not only carry out the teacher role properly, but also to gain meaningful experience in the field.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: At the top of the teacher hierarchy ladder, HDs are the ones responsible for their subject branch. They answer questions from subordinates, ensure that work is done correctly, and sort out occuring issues. They are also the ones who, alongside qualified teachers, supervise the training and learning of recently admitted trainees.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: The teachers who have been a part of the faculty for longer periods of time. They are proficient, posess authority, and are recognized as experienced and hard-working teachers by both school staff and students.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers who completed their training, and are capable of hosting classes (with guidance if necessary). While they are officially considered teachers, they still have much to learn in order to optimize their lessons and teaching skills.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers represent the accepted applicants who have become trainees, which places them at the bottom of the ladder in the hierarchy system. These new teachers cannot host classes and must be supervised until they complete their training, and prove themselves to be capable of teaching.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers, in general, serve an important purpose in the education of young people. They are tasked to teach them the subject in which they are proficient at, and also play a role in their personal growth (i.e morals, common sense and respect towards others). They also serve as "part-time guardians" for students. In other words, teachers give them all of the necessary skills that they need in order to live a good life.

In real life, salaries vary depending on whether the school itself is public or private. More criteria may be involved, but a teacher's salary tends to be considered "average". In-game, teachers will receive 350,000¥ per month if they have completed a total of 10 classes, and an additional 50,000¥ if they complete another 5 within that same month. This paycheck will usually be received at the end of each cycle. Are they not to meet the minimum quota, they will not receive the money, and possibly receive a strike.

Each teacher's method is different, and usually varies depending on their views and personal experiences. While some deem it more necessary to apply a strict and professional atmosphere in their classroom, others prefer to maximize the amounts of student to teacher interactions. Some will prefer textbooks, while others believe that it is more efficient to listen and to take notes independently. Some might also prefer to make students sit through frequent tests in order to ensure that they are on the right track. While, in high school, it is mainly the students' responsibility to ensure that their learning is in progress, teachers' methods still have a heavy impact. Achieving this can be tideous, hence why their spare time will often be spent doing anything unrelated to their work. Hanging out with friends, visiting family, exploring places and going on both shopping and restaurant trips are some of the few popular examples. The list can be much longer, but depends on the teachers' preferences.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
They are important because, like stated in the question, this server is called "SchoolRP". Without teachers (and professors), the prime aspect of this server would not be the school itself. Instead, city factions would be more prominent, which would then make it more logical to call this server "CityRP". In other words, teachers are the foundation of SchoolRP.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW: Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Kaemi is a French Japanese woman with an estimated height of 5'4", a slim hourglass figure, pale skin tones and a heart-shaped face. Her thick, wavy waist-long hair has a chocolate brown color which seems to compliment her features. She would have bright, round hazel eyes, a long and pointy nose as well as pale, pink lips. Oftentimes, she is seen wearing unusually elegant clothes in casual circumstances, as she says that she feels more comfortable that way. Formal attires are just as common, although she tends to wear them during special events instead. Her posture is usually straight and formal, but this does not seem to be the case when she is found strolling near the beach. Who knows why?

Her personality has met significant changes since the last time she was spotted in Karakura. Going from fast-paced, adventurous, and shy to composed and naturally cheerful, Kaemi seems like the perfect embodiment of a higher-end worker. Her reputation as a sociable individual has followed her side, and fortunately for her, that charisma also allows her to get along with both young and older individuals. She deems respect towards others to be the bare minimum that one can offer, especially when in a work environment. Kaemi believes that her co-workers deserve equal fairness and understanding from others and associates a lot of importance to rights of privacy and freedom of choice.

Kaemi has always been fascinated by the younger generation. Having been a part of it herself, just like everyone has, she understands the value of education as well as that of unconditional support. To her, students are founders of their own future as well as the future generation. She believes that her duty as a teacher is to be an advocate for said support and growth and tries her best to give it to the ones in need. In her previous classes, she was always seen making her students involve themselves in lectures as often as possible, and their questions, as numerous as they were, have never been left unanswered. Kaemi has proven herself to be patient, hardworking, and passionate towards what she does. She is, however, uncertain about her own future. As of today, she still claims that the life she currently has is "good enough", and that if she had the choice, she would remain here, in Karakura.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I observe their behavior for a couple of seconds before walking up to them. First, I focus their attention on me (/my character) by calling for them, and then telling them to cease with the foul language. Depending on their behavior following her actions:
  • (refusal to comply) | They will be warned a second time and threatened with detention if they do not stop there.
  • (willingness to comply) | They will be reminded to stay respectful on school grounds, and asked about what triggered such behavior.
The students will then be asked for their names, which are then noted down by my character before she makes her leave (alongside the students if they are given detention).

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would first make my character call the class out, requesting that they stop with the things that are distracting them. If this does not work, I will use the fact that she makes her class sit through frequent tests as an advantage, and shout "Now, for today's test!" as a way to make the students' minds return to reality. That word, as magical as it is, ought to help the class remain composed until the end of the lesson. Until then, I shall attempt to have them participate more in order to maintain their focus on the things being taught.
There might also be cases where said tests are actually carried out. However, this will never be done if the test has not been planned in advance.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Kaemi always ensures that she does not bother her co-workers; therefore, her presence in the teacher's lounge is always known to be a quiet one. She usually makes her way to a free desk in order to organize her notes and papers for following classes, and sometimes collaborates with other teachers (were they to agree to it). During break times, she allows herself to be a little more open, and tends to initiate light conversation with other free members of the school faculty. Kaemi normally does not leave the lounge unless an upcoming class draws near, or if an important matter awaits her.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

(Color codes are used to differentiate between actions and things that are said. &a is for the action, and &f for the dialogue.)

/me &awould be waiting in front of the board as her students entered the classroom. Her posture was straight, formal, and her facial expression was one of kindness. As bags were dropped and items placed on school desks, she would clear her throat, focusing most of the students' attention on her. &f"Good morning class!" &ashe said cheerfully.

/me &ashe'd grab one of the spare chalk pieces before turning her back at the class, motioning her hand so she could neatly write her students' answers on the board. As some answers came sooner than others, she would sometimes take some pauses to check on the students, before turning her gaze back to the board to continue writing.

/me &awith a swift motion, she'd stop the teen from hiding the item away. She would reach out her hand to grab it, revealing said item to be a bottle of liquor. With a frown, she would take a step back, then looking at the culprit with a judgemental expression. &f"You're staying after class, Mister." &ashe said, with a concerned tone.

/me &awould be typing, as indicated by the clicking sounds which came from her laptop. Eventually, she would take a pen in her right hand, noting a couple of things on a sheet of paper. "Most likely a test", one would think. As students would work on their written tasks, she'd repeat this process multiple times.

Backstory

Kaemi Ayana Nagamine, the so-said “protected child”, does not seem to remember much about her biological parents, as her infant self was adopted by a French family. Through her flows the blood of explorers, ones who would trust their own child to others in order to fly across the world. This is what led her to Karakura at the age of fourteen, where she was given the opportunity to deepen her connection with the culture of her biological family, as well as the chance to study in a Japanese setting. Her French origins and family were still a big part of her, but those did not stop her from reaching her academic goals. Kaemi successfully graduated from high school with an above average score, and a determination to keep making the people close to her proud of her achievements.

A few months later, Kaemi decided to enter the local college in order to complete her bachelors’ degree. While her main interest was track, there would be times where her and her best friend, Saskia, explored libraries across the city. Most of their findings were used for inspiration of writing prompts, and soon after, for their Japanese to English translation projects. It was in her second college year that Kaemi realized the importance of the English language and discovered her passion for anything related to that field. She ended up obtaining her degree in both English and physical education before deciding to pursue English as an academic subject.

While it was still an option, Karakura’s standards for a masters’ degree in English appeared to be inconvenient for her. Kaemi found herself having to make the sacrifice of leaving her loved one and close friends behind in order to travel to England. Nights spent alone were difficult, and her weeks in one of London's universities seemed to last forever, but before she knew it, the diploma was already in her hands.

"What now?"

She thought about starting a literary career, joining editing companies, translate Japanese series, but none of these options seemed to trigger anything within her. Only a fateful encounter with a group of foreign students gave her the inspiration to work towards an educational career, which she then pursued full strength. After obtaining the certificates she required to teach in England, her search for a career begun. It seemed that her twenties were reaching an end as she finally found a relatively stable life at a high school for international students. Even though it felt promising to stay, part of her still wanted to return to the town of her fondest memories.

In the future…

Years had passed since she last stepped in Karakura. Kaemi could not help but experience flashbacks when she looked at the streets and towers of the town. She had decided to return there as a teacher, but was there anything left? Her family seemed to have moved out, and there was not a single person around her that she recognized. Time would pass, and she considered.

“Maybe this is just a new start?” she thought.

The only thing which came to greet her was silence.

“… No matter. The application’s through, so I ought to occupy myself while waiting.”

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name: Kaemi Nagamine
Title: Miss
Given Name(s): Ayana, Aya
Preferred Name: Kaemi

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: French & Japanese
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 5

Academic Degree: Master’s Degree
Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): English, Physical Education
Minors: Criminology, Music

Native Languages: French, Japanese
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
Kaemi is actually a character I played as in summer 2020! She finished her 12th grade as well as Bachelors' in Karakura, and was also part of the college track team. She was known as ' K. "Aya" N. Allaire ', and I thought about making a comeback with her ever since I introduced a new character during the following fall. I'm pleased to see that re-introducing her is now a possibility! It did take a change or two in her backstory, but I believe that it is worth it.

The account itself has also been introduced in order to play this role without throwing my college one away. Please do not mind the high school roles!

Do you have any questions?: None.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread