I do have discord, it is ganguh#0047
Do you have a microphone?:
Yes I do.
How old are you? (Optional):
I am seventeen.
What is your time zone?:
Mountain Standard Time
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Absolutely, an inactive teacher can be detrimental to High School based Roleplay.
Describe your activity on the server:
I have been active on the server since March 2020, and consistently play for several hours a day.
Do you have any previous bans?:
I had regrettably experienced a thirty day ban in April 2020, when I was new to the server and unaware of the rules. I have since reviewed the rules and have not had any subsequent bans.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
(Listed in Chronological order)
Ban Appeal (For the aforementioned ban) [Denied]
Russian Language [Denied]
Russian Language [Accepted]
French Language [Denied]
French Language [Accepted]
Psychiatrist Application [Accepted]
Minnan Language [Denied]
Portuguese Language [Denied]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
I own three accounts, each with different roles.
Ganguh has the adult role, gained after working as a psychiatrist for several months.
Menstrango is currently Grade-11
ZittiEBuoni is currently Grade-8

Trivia
What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying to teach English.
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I am applying for a teacher because I want to be able to apply my personal passion for linguistics and language in a roleplay setting. I personally have a huge interest in teaching as my entire family is composed of educators, and I think being able to play as a teacher in a roleplay setting could be a great way to ‘scratch that itch’ so to speak. I have been able to experience the city and student sides of roleplay, but have yet to dabble in teacher roleplay.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Absolutely. I will ensure I have a substantial amount of time available to do all of the necessary training.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are a means to keep track of classes, somewhat similar to quota logs used in EMS. This helps those in charge of the teacher faction to ensure teachers remain active and that they complete the necessary amount of classes needed to remain as a teacher.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Absolutely no harassment, bullying, discrimination, and hate speech is tolerated in the classroom.
2. Students are to remain off of their phones and other electronic devices unless told to bey the teacher.
3. Listen to the teacher when they are speaking, and be respectful of classmates when it is their time to speak.
4. No drugs or alcohol are to be brought into the classroom, ever.
5. Students should not engage in any form of inappropriate physical conflict for a school setting. This includes fighting, PDA, etc.
6. All students are expected to participate in class.
7. Be respectful of students, teachers, and the learning space.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have had experience with various forms of roleplay for about 6-7 years. I have consistently roleplayed since joining the server, being able to have extensive experience in DetailRP and roleplaying as an authority figure when working in EMS. I learned how to roleplay as an adult and interact with younger characters in a mature way. Working in EMS allowed me to learn how to use DetailRP in every setting, and how to properly write an action.
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: Best experienced and skilled teachers in a department. They help lower leveled teachers and have the most authority and wisdom in their department. They are to be respected.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified Teachers are the second highest rank for teachers. These teachers are well experienced and very capable of teaching. A Qualified Teacher has been teaching for a good amount of time and is able to conduct classes in a very professional manner.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly qualified teachers are the first rank that are allowed to host their own classes. These teachers are capable of hosting their own classes and can rank up to a qualified teacher after being tested by SLT.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers are those who have recently joined the teaching team, but still need to be fully trained. These individuals can not hold their own classes, and instead are being trained on how to properly conduct the duties that being a teacher holds.

Teacher Knowledge
Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

T
eachers are one of the most important roles to SchoolRP. The vast majority of players are students, and as a consequence, rely on teachers and other members of school staff to complete the student roleplay experience. It is not uncommon for students to beg for teachers to hold classes in the OOC channel, further proving how important teachers are to the roleplay experience. Teachers are among the highest paid jobs on the server to reflect their importance on the roleplay experience. Teachers are responsible for teaching students and preparing them for the next level of education, which, on SchoolRP, would be the local college. On both SchoolRP and in real life, teachers are tasked with the mission of adequately educating students to prepare them for future schooling and their professional adult careers. Teachers in their spare time are to engage in activities appropriate to their ages. They often try to connect with people close to their age, and do not engage in any illegal activity.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
A SchoolRP server without teachers would not be a SchoolRP server. While students easily hold up their end of the bargain by roleplaying as highschool students, teachers need to ensure the School side of the server is properly seen. Teachers are able to conduct classes and serve as authority figures over students. Teachers make the school day worthwhile and are vital to the health of the SchoolRP community.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system operates on ‘must have, should have, could have.’

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Karolos Pachis would be a 6’2 Greek male with long, shaggy brown hair. His hair would have a natural wave and would be noticeably thick, a consequence of his Mediterranean origins. He would have a full, short beard and relatively tan skin. He would be a larger male than the average for Japan, coming in at a little over 200 pounds, his body type being a mix of muscular and plus-sized. He would be relatively passionate about exercise and music, which he would often say are his favourite things. However, he has always had an underlying affinity for linguistics, especially literature. He would have a loud, deep voice and would be the type of person to avoid showing any weakness. The clothes he would typically wear would tend to avoid bright colours, instead opting for shades of grey and red. He would also have a very bad case of RBF, causing him to appear rather intimidating to those who are not familiar with him. He would try his hardest to connect with his students, and would often make his lessons more interactive to eliminate as much boredom as possible. He would be a very extroverted individual, always looking to be in the company of others. He would always jump at any opportunity to befriend a fellow teacher and would try his hardest to be friendly with his peers. However, much like anyone else, he does have many faults. He has never been great at first impressions and can have a relatively short temper, however these rarely impact his professional career. Karolos has never been much of a planning person, instead taking life in as it happens. At the moment he plans to be a teacher well into his adult life, only leaving once he eventually retires.

Scenarios
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Karolos would address the situation immediately, approaching the group of students and would ask them to stop in a stern tone. He would not have any toleration for students who do not listen to what he says, so if they continue he may consider punishment.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
When teaching, there are several attention grabbing techniques that can be used to regain the attention of students. Simply counting up or loudly telling the class to pay attention can go a long way to redirect attention back to the teacher. If absolutely necessary, disruptive students can be removed from the classroom to ensure the student’s time in the classroom is worthwhile.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
My character, Karolos Pachis, would be a relatively social individual, using his time in the teacher’s lounge as an opportunity to connect with his fellow teachers. Karolos would practically live off of caffeine, a consequence of a poor sleep schedule, so he would rarely be seen without a cup of coffee in hand. His time in the teacher’s lounge would also be used to plan future lessons and grade student’s work. In general, he would use his time in the teacher’s lounge as a means to be productive.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
  • /me would pace around the classroom, supervising his students as they completed their quiz. He would notably be focusing more on the worse behaved students, trying his best to prevent them from cheating. He would lean beside the desk of a student who was raising their hand, asking- “Do you have a question for me?” in a low whisper.
  • /me would stand in front and centre, holding the classes’ latest reading in his hands. “We’re going to do something a little different today, we’re going to try out a popcorn reading.” He would then point to a random student, asking them to read the first paragraph of the book.
  • /me would stand before the board, which had the subject of today’s lesson written, he would quietly observe as students filed into the classroom,
  • /me would loudly clear his throat to grab the attention of his students, then beginning to speak while writing his points in a bulleted list on the board.

Backstory
Karolos Pachis would have been born July 31, 1988 in Makrino, Greece, a very rural town located within Pindos National Park. He was raised in a low income household by his two parents alongside his grandparents and two siblings. He did not live a glamorous life, his family often struggling to provide adequate living conditions for much of his childhood. As a student he was a notorious ‘class clown,’ often using his time at school to relax and alleviate the stressors of living in such dire conditions. Despite his rough upbringing, he was a happy child and very outgoing, overall having a very fiery personality. Upon barely passing high school, he had decided to leave his small town in search of better opportunities, leading him to Thessaloniki, Greece’s second most populous city. Here he had attended a two year college, in which he took school much more seriously, moving on to a university upon completion of his first two years. While attending university he had majored in linguistics and education, picking up on the English language throughout his higher education. Upon the completion of his bachelor's degree in 2011, he had immediately begun work on his Masters, which would be in linguistics. He had worked on his Masters for two years, student teaching in the meantime as he worked on getting his teaching license. After completing his Masters degree in 2013 he had worked on getting his CELTA certificate, which grants the holder the ability to teach the English language as a second language. Truthfully, Karolos was not completely sure about his ability to be a teacher, and ended up in his career path by accident, but ending up finding his passion for teaching. From 2013 to 2020 he worked full time as an English teacher in Thessaloniki, learning Japanese in his spare time with the goal of leaving Greece. Finally, at the end of 2020 he had made the decision to leave his home is Greece behind to teach English in Japan, eventually ending up in Karakura.

In-Character Information
SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Karolos Pachis
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Karolos
Preferred Name: Karolos
Age (Minimum is 27): 32
Religious Denomination: Greek Orthodox
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: Greek
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 6 Years
Academic Degree: Master's Degree in Linguistics
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Linguistics and Education
Minors: Sociology and Humanities
Native Languages: Greek
Other Languages: English and Japanese.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes I do, and have used it to teach English in Greece.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: Thank you for taking my application into consideration
Do you have any questions? Not at the moment, thank you.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of English Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread